• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

San Jose Drops the Ball

Rate this topic

I still think San Jose is going to finish first overall. The schedule down the stretch does not favor the Red Wings anywhere near the way it does for the Sharks.

The Wings could use the pressure to keep them focused and motivated. Just be aware of that.

Guest Shoreline
I still think San Jose is going to finish first overall. The schedule down the stretch does not favor the Red Wings anywhere near the way it does for the Sharks.

Even so, the Sharks have been playing horrendously against teams they should be beating. And now the ball is almost entirely in the Wings court in terms of controlling their destiny to #1.

I don't wish to be a downer, but I am still wary of a clash with the Sharks in the playoffs.

They have McLellan coaching them now and he knows Wings really well.

Their woes in the recent past have certainly been a mystery.

Home ice may not be all that necessary for Wings to win in the playoffs.

Last post-season we got the job done on the road in the finals.

(Finding a way to lose a game we should have won at the Joe).

Having said that, finishing above SJ after the tear they had to begin the season would be sweet. :D

Wings for the President's.

And the big one too. ;)

I'm not sure what you want me to say.

Going into the San Jose game, the Blues had the best record in the NHL since January 15th.

Call them the hottest eam or one of the hottest teams (except when they play Detroit of course.)...or however you want to phrase it...but they're playing f'ing good hockey and outplayed the Sharks and have beaten them three out of four times now.

And it's not my problem that people might not be following the Blues. If that's the case, then they shouldn't take offense when someone corrects them when they make an innaccurate statement concerning something they obviously know nothing about. That's what people get for making assumptions based on box scores.

St. Louis still has an NHL team? Sorry... I usually only pay attention to the league around April and into the playoffs and I haven't seen the Blues play a game at that time in about 30 years. Is Tony McKegney still on their team? I do remember Yzerman's goal against them in Game 7 in the playoffs but I thought after that they moved the franchise to Carolina?

St. Louis still has an NHL team? Sorry... I usually only pay attention to the league around April and into the playoffs and I haven't seen the Blues play a game at that time in about 30 years. Is Tony McKegney still on their team? I do remember Yzerman's goal against them in Game 7 in the playoffs but I thought after that they moved the franchise to Carolina?

Dude, stop it. The Blues made the playoffs 27 years in a row before the lockout. They played every April for almost three solid decades. True, they only made it past the second round twice...and they never made the finals...and they've still never won the Cup...but be a little more precise.

I hate the Blues and hope they never win a Cup, but let's not sound ignorant.

If you don't think the Sharks want home ice for the entire playoffs, you're mistaken. MacLellan has never struck me as the type to pull back the reins, expecially a few weeks before playoffs with home ice on the line.

They clinched first in the division last night. We'll see if they're just happy with second or third place soon.

For the Sharks, it is imperative that they get home ice because they are 18-11-6 (18-17) on the road. This is especially true if they meet the Wings in the WCF because they do not play well at the Joe and Nabokov does not play well against the Wings.

I expect that they will win in the first round and lose in the second round just like the last 3 years. The Sharks historically don't play well in the playoffs, they only have an 18-17 record on the road, Nabokov doesn't play well in the playoffs and they are currently playing their worst just before the playoffs - and this is with only their 4th line guys out.

It would suck to be a Sharks fan. Things looked good for awhile but it is all slipping away. Since having their butts kicked by the Wings (4-1) they have a record of 4-5-1. I think that this effected their pysche. They thought that they were great but the self-doubt has crept in.

2 games at the Joe resulted in a combined score of 10-1. I'm not to worried about them.

I think you are confused or maybe just not a hockey fan if you only watch the playoffs. While the Blues have not been impressive since the lockout, prior to it they had the longest playoff streak of about 30 years.

Lemieux and Roenick are key guys to the Sharks team, they have the experience of A) Having been through these types of stretches before and B) Playoff experience

When it comes down to it, I think Roenick is probably the best guy in their locker room. I've always thought he's got that contagious attitude that drive people to be their best.

JR took them golfing in Phoenix earlier this week. Hope they're just brushing up on seomthing they'll be doing a lot of once May rolls around...

Roenick's been a dressing room cancer at times but he has had a much better attitude since he was part of the Phoenix team that imploded, and the Philly team that he helped bring down as well. I remember breathing a sigh of relief when he wasn't dealt to the Wings even though he made it clear to everyone that he wanted to be in Detroit.

As awesome a dude as Roenick is in the dressing room, losing him on the ice shouldn't mean they go 4-6-1 in 11 games.

Lemieux and Roenick are key guys to the Sharks team, they have the experience of A) Having been through these types of stretches before and B) Playoff experience

When it comes down to it, I think Roenick is probably the best guy in their locker room. I've always thought he's got that contagious attitude that drive people to be their best.

If that is the case then the Sharks REALLY are in trouble. :rolleyes:

You mean nip this in the bud not butt.....

LOL

I've never understood that phrase... i always thought it was butt too until I came here and found I was wrong (but i don't use it that often, so i've yet to need a correction in that area)

Dude, stop it. The Blues made the playoffs 27 years in a row before the lockout. They played every April for almost three solid decades. True, they only made it past the second round twice...and they never made the finals...and they've still never won the Cup...but be a little more precise.

I hate the Blues and hope they never win a Cup, but let's not sound ignorant.

I'm not tryin' to jump down your throat, I agree with your post. It was pretty ignorant and rude of that guy, but the Blues made the Finals 3 times in a row with Bowman so their playoff record isn't as bad as you say. Still bad though, lol.

I'm not tryin' to jump down your throat, I agree with your post. It was pretty ignorant and rude of that guy, but the Blues made the Finals 3 times in a row with Bowman so their playoff record isn't as bad as you say. Still bad though, lol.

You're right, Doggy, but those came in their first three seasons ('68-70) and not in the 27-year playoff streak that I was talking about. We're saying the same thing, basically. :thumbup:

You're right, Doggy, but those came in their first three seasons ('68-70) and not in the 27-year playoff streak that I was talking about. We're saying the same thing, basically. :thumbup:

Oh, I see my bad. Didn't even think of that lol.

It would suck to be a Sharks fan. Things looked good for awhile but it is all slipping away. Since having their butts kicked by the Wings (4-1) they have a record of 4-5-1. I think that this effected their pysche. They thought that they were great but the self-doubt has crept in.

I assure you it does not suck to be a Sharks fan. Yes they seem to have a particular affinity for breaking my heart in early may every year, but things could be far worse. Relatively speaking, it's still a young franchise that only now seems to have reached the point of seriously contending for the cup every season. Very non-sucky. :)

The Sharks don't have anybody in their top three lines missing and they still can't beat Phoenix.

Not true. Their regular 3rd line center has been out the entire season(Torrey Mitchell). Goc was in that role and recently was out for a decent stretch of games. Roenick would fill that role but he's been out (also a center). Clowe has just gone out and there is no current timetable for his return, but to be fair that happened very recently. Grier is a frequent 3rd liner, he's out. His PK presence is greatly missed. I guess to sum it all up in one word: False. :)

Not true. Their regular 3rd line center has been out the entire season(Torrey Mitchell). Goc was in that role and recently was out for a decent stretch of games. Roenick would fill that role but he's been out (also a center). Clowe has just gone out and there is no current timetable for his return, but to be fair that happened very recently. Grier is a frequent 3rd liner, he's out. His PK presence is greatly missed. I guess to sum it all up in one word: False. :)

For how much grief that seems to follow your posts as well as our tendency (not unlike many other forums) to play homer, I'm really glad you're sticking around through it all, because its nice to be able to get a perspective of the conference from your end of things.

For how much grief that seems to follow your posts as well as our tendency (not unlike many other forums) to play homer, I'm really glad you're sticking around through it all, because its nice to be able to get a perspective of the conference from your end of things.

I know how much I enjoy when a fan of another team comes over to my team's boards and shares their point of view. It gives you perspective and can be very engaging and fun. Personally I get tired sometimes of always hearing the same things from people that share the same views as I do. At the end of the day, we're all fans of an amazing sport that (in most places in the US) doesn't get the love, recognition, and respect that it deserves. We're all hockey fans, and that's a bond in itself.