• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/14 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Blues 2

Rate this topic

Because it's back-to-back, I think Conklin should start tomorrow. Last time Babs started a goalie back-to-back, it resulted in an epic failure.

Here's to hopin' Babs starts the Conks tomorrow. :thu:

Agree.

But damn look at the week Columbus had - they started by beating the s*** out of our Wings, then they dominated Boston, followed that by winning against Pittsburgh (and they looked good there too) and then they really took it too Chicago.

Time to stop the streak.

:cool:

Guest Shoreline
Agree.

But damn look at the week Columbus had - they started by beating the s*** out of our Wings, then they dominated Boston, followed that by winning against Pittsburgh (and they looked good there too) and then they really took it too Chicago.

Time to stop the streak.

No s***. Die Columbus die die die.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, since Osgood's mental breather, when he's had half a team in front of him he's been fine. Those 8 goal games he and Conks dealt with were not games that you can blame on the goalies. Sorry. You just can't. Osgood's looked better in a lot of ways in every game back that he's had a fighting chance in. And there's no better time for this to be happening. You kinda hate to see Conks struggling a bit lately after a season like this, but Osgood's the starter and him playing well and eliminating doubt over who's the clear starter is the best mental situation for all parties involved, including us, and we'd do damn well to get behind the guy now. If you don't think it helps when you know the team AND the city has your back, you're kidding yourself. These guys are still human.

Here's an interesting read that I think holds some relevance to this situation. My take from it: support the starter no matter who it is!!!!!!!! Right now it's Osgood. He's on the up. Get behind him.

Malcom Gladwell: The Art of Failure

http://www.gladwell.com/2000/2000_08_21_a_choking.htm

Because every goalie in the NHL is better then ours. Just look at the numbers. I know Conks has good numbers, but he is on the downturn now.

Yeupp. If he isn't the worst, he's sure down their treading in that cesspool with all his equipment on. Finally finished watching the game and boy, did he suck. Mainly because when he got crashed into three different times he didn't bother to beat the pee out of whoever it was. Or at least take on one of the refs. Jeeezusss....No guts, no glory. :ranting:

And Jackman pissed off (Jackoff?)

.. Oh and a power play from that! :lol:

Did you see that mofo give up the puck on a piss-poor pass? He knew he was going to get hit, the chickens***. :baby: And then because he's been made a total fool of, he takes a penalty. When? After the whistle, of course!!

What

a

loser.

Man I am so disappointed. I was on-call for work today and I was supposed to find out if I had to work or not at 1:30. So at 1:30 I called and they said they don't need me. So I was like "Okay sweet I can watch the Wings." It's 2 pm and the puck is about to drop and guess what I get a call from my boss saying she changed her mind and that I need to be there in half an hour. I missed everything.

I know I shouldn't complain because I'm the epitome of the poor college student and the economy sucks so I should be thankful to have a job. But it sounds like I missed a great game that I actually thought I was going to watch.

First I was like :rolleyes: But then they got the puck back Oshie in front of the net and I was like :unsure: Then Oshie wound up and no one put pressure on him and I went :scared::siren: Then I was all :ranting: .

Other than that, great game!

Agree.

Time to stop the streak.

At le momento, I'm more worried about them and getting out of our own division with "our" skin still on than I am anybody else. And of course, one more time it's a back-to-back. But who knew Columbus would be this scary. Certainly not moi.

:shocking:

At le momento, I'm more worried about them and getting out of our own division with "our" skin still on than I am anybody else. And of course, one more time it's a back-to-back. But who knew Columbus would be this scary. Certainly not moi.

:shocking:

Seeing as my screenname is Buckeyewingsfan I had to say "our" - no competing loyalties here :D

That said, this has been coming. Columbus played Detroit strong all last year too with half the talent. With upgrades like Umberger and Huselius and now Gratton and Vermette, it is a completely different team in Columbus.

The team that should be really worried is Chicago. Right now Columbus is the better team and is playing better. I don't think anyone really considers Columbus to be superior to Detroit in any way except goaltending.

How the hell does Datsyuk get voted player of the game over Osgood?

Elementary, dear Watson. The fans spoke. They believed that a couple of laser shots, with a dose of Shake 'n' Bake on the side beats the goalie letting in two goals. Now if he had thrown another shutout, he probably would have walked off with it in a landslide. But I don't think so.

Damn, Pasha, if Rahmani did that good on your vision, he must be a genius!

Seeing as my screenname is Buckeyewingsfan I had to say "our" - no competing loyalties here :D

That said, this has been coming. Columbus played Detroit strong all last year too with half the talent. With upgrades like Umberger and Huselius and now Gratton and Vermette, it is a completely different team in Columbus.

The team that should be really worried is Chicago. Right now Columbus is the better team and is playing better. I don't think anyone really considers Columbus to be superior to Detroit in any way except goaltending.

I agree with your "our" take, oh fellow Wing fan. I put quotes around my "our" because it's not like I'm out there getting the crap beat out of me, let alone stay upright on anything but double runners. :P

(Now, let anyone else hear figure out what the hell I'm talking about!...)

Meanwhile, you scared the poop outta me with the first part of your statement but I have decided to take you at your word about our team's superiority over theirs except mebee in goaltending.

Thenk yew. :)