• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Detroit's Hot New Prospect!

Rate this topic

He seems to do great everytime he plays on the Griffs!

Too bad he can't bring those kinda numbers up with the wings :(

Still, good to hear. I'm happy for him ^_^

I agree.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=2240

7 GP 2 Goals, 4 Assists and he's a +5

Played a great game tonight- 1 goal and 1 helper.

This kid just might have it!

Can anyone confirm if he's back with his wife?

I'd be far more proud of him if I heard he's getting his life straight. I hope so - for his, his wife and his kids sake.

Keep up the good work Mac.

what's up with Grigorenko? Is he ever gonna make it here, or do a stint in GR?

What's up with this random post? We do NOT want Grigorenko back in GR any more than he would want to come back. He lasted less than a month when he was here to start the 07-08 year. He had an escape-back-to-Russia clause in his contract if he didn't make the Wings. When you show up to training camp in terrible condition, you don't make the Wings' lineup. So he took his $1 million tax-free escape to play in Russia rather than the $75k he'd make in GR. Smartest move he ever made.

I'm happy that D-Mac has managed to turn his life around, but I think he'd be best served staying in the AHL. In all of the games he played in Detroit since his return last spring, he looked a step behind the pace (in my opinion). D-Mac could likely still be a contributor at the AHL level, but I think his days of being a competent NHLer are behind him.

what's up with Grigorenko? Is he ever gonna make it here, or do a stint in GR?

The answer to this one is a big, fat, unequivocal -- NO.

My man has absolutely turned from "hopeful prospect", to "what ever happened too....?" status fast as I have ever seen. He is garbage, after he left the Griffins last year he returned to the motherland where surely, unlike the worthless AHL he would once again rise to the super stardom he had come to love -- or not.

Here are his numbers:

2007-08:
Grand Rapids Griffins -
5 Games Played; 0 Goals; 0 Assists, 4 PM

2007-08:
Ufa Salavat Yulayev (KHL) -
27 Games Played; 4 Goals; 6 Assists; 24 PM

2008-09:
36 Games Played; 2 Goals; 8 Assists; 10 PM

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Grigorenko not in future plans

Detroit general manager Ken Holland said today about Igor Grigorenko that "I think it's time to move on."

Grigorenko, a long-time Red Wing prospect, came to North America this fall and was a bust. He was sent down to Grand Rapids, didn't like playing in the minors and headed back to Russia where he had a poor season.

Grigorenko came to Traverse City not in the physical condition necessary to play in the NHL. Holland said unless somebody tells him that Grigorenko got himself into top shape, that the Red Wings likely won't make a move to keep the Russian as their property next season.

Holland also said that the Wings intend to sign prospects Dick Axelsson, Daniel Larsson and Logan Pyett, whose rights the team will lose if they're unsigned June 1.

With the expectations so many had for this guy you have to label him as a big time BUST.

I wonder if the names Alexander Daigle or Brian Lawton mean anything to Igor? They certainly should...

The answer to this one is a big, fat, unequivocal -- NO.

My man has absolutely turned from "hopeful prospect", to "what ever happened too....?" status fast as I have ever seen. He is garbage, after he left the Griffins last year he returned to the motherland where surely, unlike the worthless AHL he would once again rise to the super stardom he had come to love -- or not.

Here are his numbers:

2007-08:
Grand Rapids Griffins -
5 Games Played; 0 Goals; 0 Assists, 4 PM

2007-08:
27 Games Played; 4 Goals; 6 Assists; 24 PM

2008-09:
36 Games Played; 2 Goals; 8 Assists; 10 PM

Thursday, May 1, 2008

With the expectations so many had for this guy you have to label him as a big time BUST.

I wonder if the names Alexander Daigle or Brian Lawton mean anything to Igor? They certainly should...

The difference between Grigs and Daigle is "big time bust" meant epic fail for Daigle, and "big time bust" for Grigs meant a near-fatal, life-changing car wreck.

If Mac's happy there, I'm happy for him.

I doubt he'll be back with the Wings next year. There's just too much talent waiting to come up, even though we're going to lose some of our current guys. :(

If he can play there and make the best of it, and enjoy what he's doing, and keep his life in order, then that's a good place for him.

Someone brought up the idea of a player-coach position for him. That would be so awesome for both him and the Wings (not to mention the Griffins). "Ok, boys, find your dominant hand. Make a fist. No, dude- the thumb goes on the outside of the fingers...." We'll have a whole new crop of tough guys that can play in no time!

Where ever he goes, what ever he does, I'll always love him. I just hope that he keeps making positive choices in his life.

anyone know if a person can purchase a Mac jersey for GR?

Meigray.com is the "official" source for game worn jerseys - though it looks like they are out of DMac right now. Just keep checking back every now and again. There are 8 more away games and one more home, then the last batch should get shipped to Meigray. With the AHL, you can't buy jerseys in normal retail stores - the AHL keeps pretty tight control of team licensing.

And he has a very good +/-. Sit Maltby and play Mac!

I love D-mac, and Malts may be the new whipping boy here... but D-mac is no where near Malts' physical condition. Malts is still useful on the PK and forcheck. D-Mac has lost too much for NHL play.

Let him stay in the AHL where he is needed and still producing.

Meigray.com is the "official" source for game worn jerseys - though it looks like they are out of DMac right now. Just keep checking back every now and again. There are 8 more away games and one more home, then the last batch should get shipped to Meigray. With the AHL, you can't buy jerseys in normal retail stores - the AHL keeps pretty tight control of team licensing.

Thank you sir

:thumbup: