• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Filppula out with back spasms

Rate this topic

Detroit Red Wings center Valtteri Filppula left Saturday's game in St. Louis after the second period because of back spasms. Coach Mike Babcock said Filppula won't play Sunday in Columbus and is day-to-day. They won't recall anybody from Grand Rapids, as Derek Meech will fill in at forward. Filppula said the injury didn't happen from a hit, he just felt it after returning to the bench following a shift. He hadn't been experiencing any back problems.

MLive

It's unfortunate, he's been great lately.

He's been fantastic, it actually makes me feel sad for calling him useless. Same with Osgood, he played fantastic today against one of the best teams in the league AT the moment.

He was learning first hand that good things happen when you put the puck on net. Imagine how good he could be if he shot as often as Sammy!

Very few men have Sammy's level of confidence. :D

That's probably why the ladies here love him so much.

Very few men have Sammy's level of confidence. :D

That's probably why the ladies here love him so much.

No, that's because of his sexy abs.

Hopefully this is nothing serious with Flip. Rest and relax, then get back to doing well.

Tough break, back spasms suck, I get them all the time. He must have thrown his back out from all the shooting he's done lately. Here's to a speedy recovery and hope he can stay hot when he gets back in.

I bet if he was Canadian he would be able to play, those guys are hard as rock.

that we are(H).... and funny thing is i worked out on shoulders n back today but all aside fil should not rush it im sure an ice bag or whatever should make him feel better more then anything its precautionary

I hear that every time he misses the net, he does 100 sit-ups after the game. :P

:scared: When does he sleep?

Back to Flip: I have back problems, and I have learned to just ice it and relax when I start getting spasms. There's really nothing else I can do. I hope he feels better soon, and that this is just a case of overdoing it or moving oddly or something like that.