• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

Your SCF or WCF pick?

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

If you couldn't pick Detroit to win the cup, who would be your choice of who will do the best this post season?

My choice: NJ Devils

They've got an amazing setup this year, and I think largely have been sort of a quiet winner. This could largely be blamed on marty's injury since they are just now getting to his records (and they will be his). I think they are on pace to be the competiton from the east this year, with Marty firing on all cylinders.

I'm drunk, so we'll just take it as coincidence that I post this on this night.

Well sense we are pretending

WCF: CHI vs DAL

ECF: NJD vs WSH

SCF: CHI vs NJD

CUP CHAMPS: NJD (IF the wings end up getting knocked out of the playoffs, would love to see Brody add a cup to his collection. It be nice to add to the fact he will be breaking ROY's record this year.)

But on the real I would love to see an all original six final four!(conference) That would be sweet. Plus I think a DET vs CHI WCF would draw good ratings cuz of their rivalry

Edited by Z is next captain!

Guest mindfly

If devils win this year they will almost be as much of a "dynasty" as the red wings with cup wins in 1995, 2000, 2003 and possibly 2009, wings 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008...

Edited by mindfly

This is not who I would want to see win if the Wings are knocked out, but I think Calgary can make a decent run. I know they got rocked last night but there are not many games where a team will score six goals and lose. I think Darryl Sutter looks like a genius for the Jokinen trade. I could also deal with San Jose or Boston winning (they both have Newfoundlanders, come to think of it, so does Calgary). So one of those three teams.

Although, Boston has had good luck with championships in this decade, maybe a little too good. Boston sports fans would be completely insufferable if the Bruins won this year.

This is not who I would want to see win if the Wings are knocked out, but I think Calgary can make a decent run. I know they got rocked last night but there are not many games where a team will score six goals and lose. I think Darryl Sutter looks like a genius for the Jokinen trade. I could also deal with San Jose or Boston winning (they both have Newfoundlanders, come to think of it, so does Calgary). So one of those three teams.

Calgary has barely won a game since the Jokinen trade.. The pumpkin-head himself has been good but the way the team has been playing almost makes me think the rumors of Jokinen being a lockerroom-cancer are true. And with Kipprusoff playing the way he is, I think one of the teams they'll likely face in the 1st round, the Blue Jackets or the Canucks, could knock them out in the 1st round.

I'm still thinking San Jose-Detroit for the WCF. That would be a very tough series, probably decided in 7 games.

From the East, I think the Bruins or the Devils will make it to the SCF and win against a tired, battered and bruised Western Conference team.

Calgary has barely won a game since the Jokinen trade.. The pumpkin-head himself has been good but the way the team has been playing almost makes me think the rumors of Jokinen being a lockerroom-cancer are true. And with Kipprusoff playing the way he is, I think one of the teams they'll likely face in the 1st round, the Blue Jackets or the Canucks, could knock them out in the 1st round.

Calgary has had defense problems all year long (sound familiar???). They weren't playing well defensively before Jokinen arrived, and with Iginla in that room I find it incredibly hard to believe that Jokinen has much sway in there.

If devils win this year they will almost be as much of a "dynasty" as the red wings with cup wins in 1995, 2000, 2003 and possibly 2009, wings 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008...

But missing the playoffs a few times eliminates them from any talk.

If it can't be us, I'd like to see Boston take it. I like Milan Lucic enough that I could cheer for them if we don't make it.

Of course, we are going to be the team to beat. San Jose will be sitting on the sidelines - again.

Edited by Kira

I refuse to pick a team like SJ, Chicago, or Calgary to win the Cup. The Wings surpass every 'what if or hypothetical thread on LGW to hoist the Cup yet again. To beat the NJ Devils.

Osgood gets on a roll, the ever present stick of Lidstrom turns it up, and Datsyuk bounces one off of Langenbrunners chin for the winning goal!

Is this who we WANT to win rather than Detroit, or who we THINK will win?

If its the prior, I am suprised to see so many picks for the Devil's. Those guys bore the other teams to death en route to their cup wins. I have no hatred towards them or anything, but if I can't see the Wings win, I want a NEW team to win.

My early Western Conference Champion is Detroit or Vancouver. Early East, is NJ.

This ^

based on current standings and current streaks, Sharks don't look to have enough energy anymore, and Jersey's won without Brodeur, learned how to score, and are a serious threat imo. Vancouver seems to have the Flames number, and experience advantage over the other teams.

And Brodeur wins the cup with NJ to complete the record year.

My "dream" final is Montreal and SJ... but I don't see that as a realistic happening. (I just had a dream last year it was hapening)

Guest CaliWingsNut
Is this who we WANT to win rather than Detroit, or who we THINK will win?

If its the prior, I am suprised to see so many picks for the Devil's. Those guys bore the other teams to death en route to their cup wins. I have no hatred towards them or anything, but if I can't see the Wings win, I want a NEW team to win.

It was intended to be who we think will. But, if it is who we would want to win it, I'd be choosing Chicago followed by Montreal, and Washington.