• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Esquire

Playoff Plans!

Rate this topic

Well, one month from now the puck will be dropped on the 2009 Playoffs and I want to know what everyones plans are for those that plan to attend the first game at the Joe.

I live in Toronto and will be looking for someone from home to join me on the trip but chances are I'll be going at it alone but that's fine with me! What I was wondering is if anyone has any plans for a pre-playoff gathering somewhere like the Hockeytown Cafe where a bunch of us could gather and be social before the game along with downing a few pops followed by free transportation to the Joe.

Just a thought, but maybe when playoff tickets go on sale we could all arrange to get some in a "LGW section". Once again, all these are just initial ideas but I'm a pretty social guy and wouldn't mind setting something up!

:beerbuddy:

Better get to the Cafe early. That place is wild even during a regular season game.

Yeah, I was there before the Wings/Devils game on November 8th and it was insane. I'm assuming it might be a stretch to get reservations before a game but like I said, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot here or even somewhere else. Hell, I'll drink a few beers in the parking lot before the game if anyone wants to join me! After all, only alcoholics drink alone. ;)

Yeah, I was there before the Wings/Devils game on November 8th and it was insane. I'm assuming it might be a stretch to get reservations before a game but like I said, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot here or even somewhere else. Hell, I'll drink a few beers in the parking lot before the game if anyone wants to join me! After all, only alcoholics drink alone. ;)

what did you just call me?!?!?

I am hoping we will be playing Dallas in the playoffs. If we do you can bet I will be there for a game or two. The Old #7 club before, during, and after the game is a must if you have never been to the AA center for a game. I'll be the one wearing a Dutsyuk practice jersey, and double-fisting vodka Red Bulls. :thumbup:

If anyone living in the San Antonio area wants to get something going for the games, let me know.

Ohhh, playoffs :) So soon!

Most likely in the 2nd round (please make it that far, Wings), I'll be there! Exams and other things complicate it but oh well. I'll likely take the Greyhound from London to Detroit. And it will be 100% worth having to take the 3am bus back to London if it means I see the Wings! However, if we play an exciting team in the 1st round... may have to make that work, too.

I was there too! I miss the atmosphere and wanna go back someday. :( When I'm done with school and bankruptcy and all those tiny insignificant obstacles. :P It was so cool to have, what, 13 LGWers at the same table!

Guest Shoreline

I have a friend who knows Sharks execs (works in downtown San Jose) and can get tickets just by making a phone call. That's how when the better half came from Greece I was able to get us Sharks/Flames tickets (and wore our Wings stuff anyways) for their series. If the Wings end up playing the Sharks I'll try to work my magic with him again and see if I can get some tickets for that. Already have several friends who would be wanting to go. One of them a Wings fan, the others Sharks fans. I also have a free round trip ticket to anywhere in the US, which I might use on Georgia, or to see family in Redford/Dearborn, or both (three way ticket). Other than that, my plans are to watch as many Wings games as possible, and other series' that I might find exciting.

I would love to go to the first game. However, it will most likely be a week night since the last game is on a Sunday. I am in college, which is about a 2 hour drive to the Joe. I am too much of a nerd to go to the Joe on a school night.

When I'm out of school...that's a different story. My birthday always falls on the second round and the week we get out of school. Usually my daddy gets tickets for my birthday.

I am hoping we play columbus so i can go to all the games in the first round. but if not i have hookups to get to some games in each round like i did last year.

but i am getting a 62" tv delivered sometime next week so that might sway me more to stay home and check out the games with cheap beer and big screen lol

It's not drinking alone, it's drinking with the lord ;)

If the Wings ended up playing Dallas, I'd try to make it up to the big d for a game. Otherwise, I'll just be watching from my couch.

I went to my first ever playoff game last season, 2nd round game 2 vs. Colorado when Franzen netted a hat trick and the Wings won 5-1. Quite the fun day.

I'd like to try to go to another early round playoff game but not knowing exactly when games are yet is hard living a long ways away, and I'm not burning $100+ on tickets with some recent expenses I've had to incur outside of the usual monthly house note/standard bills. One of my uncles down here does business with a client in the Lansing area I believe and he has offered me tickets, probably free of charge, to a game over the next few weekends. As much as I'd rfer going to playoffs over regular season, I might take the definite guaranteed game esp. whne I don't have to spend as much.

We shall see.

Bump!

Anyone know if dates have been set at this point? Getting my tickets tomorrow, but it would be nice to have a date to give my boss so I can take it off work. Or I may just call in sick that day with a fever....a STANLEY CUP FEVER!!!

Versus was advertising that their live playoff coverage would begin on Wednesday April 15th, so expect our beloved wings to play on either wednesday or thursday for game 1. I'll be at Game 5 of round 2 if things make it that far, and definitely one game per round if they go past the 2nd round. Also, just ordered my season tickets for next year. Finally pulled the trigger after looking into them for the past few years. Lets go wings!