• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Anyone Hear This?

Rate this topic

So this is basically what I heard:

Savard and Crosby get into each others faces a few times early in the game and at some point, Savard suggests he'd fight Crosby, but won't because Crosby wears a visor and basically ridicules him for it. End of shift, Crosby goes to bench, has visor removed and comes back out and challenges Savard......nothing happens.

While nothing really comes of this....pretty damn funny.

Well, despite being born in Ottawa, Savard does have a French name...

Well, Ottawa is a bilingual city, while only about 15-20% have French as a first language, I have to imagine a pretty healthy percentage of those with English as a first language know quice a bit of French.

What I can tell you is that Marc Savard can at least speak French (not sure what his first language is, but probably English). For that matter, Crosby can speak French as well, first language is English, but he picked up French while playing in Quebec for a couple years.

Sid and Savard were chirpin all game. Savard supposedly wanted to fight and was calling Sid out for wearin a visor.

Sid did not want to start a fight but he was not backing down so he took the visor off to send a message.

Savard didn't attempt to start anything after Sid took his visor off.

You know, Crosby has been starting to grow on me a bit lately. He at least has the balls to stick up for himself and not have an enforcer do his dirty work for him. Still can be a whiny brat sometimes but his play is growing on me.

Crosby earns some respect from me for this move. It's great to see Crosby grow a pair, but he can still be a little whiney ***** sometimes. A mature Crosby is good for the NHL.

If true, kudos to Mr. Crosby. He did step up nicely against Washington a week or so ago. Hopefully this will be him turning the page towards being a much more respectful hockey player.