• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/17 GDT: Flyers 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

LIVE and on HD in Australia! :thumbup:

Filppula's not playing though. :( Major disappointment.

Can't wait to see Ericsson though. And even though pretty much everyone seems to hate the Flyers, they have a lot of players I really like. Hoping we destroy them tomorrow though. ;)

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 shutout)

Home: 1-game losing streak (shootout).

Streaks vs. Philadelphia

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Home: 7-game winning streak (1 overtime & 1 shutout)

15-game unbeaten streak (2 ties, 1 shutout & 1 overtime).

This the first home game vs. Philadelphia since January 12, 2006.

Record on this Date

March 17

This is the 34th gme played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 33 games:

18W-13L-2T.

This is also the date of the "Richard Riot" game at the Montreal Forum, in 1955. During the first intermission, a smoke bomb was thrown in the arena. Montreal Fire Chief Armand Parie advised President Clarence Campbell that he was halting the game "for the protection of the people". With Detroit leading 4-1, it remains the only forfeit win in Club history.

Richard Riot.

LGW.

Guest mindfly

Babcock has already stated that osgood will be in the net, he wants to get him going now for real.

Should be a pretty physical game. Too bad Downey isn't up for this one! I just hope Philly is more interested in playing the game than running our players! That's the last thing we need is for someone to get hurt. Sucks that it is on Versus though. Cant wait to hear "DRIVE and Foisted" all night :thumbdown:

Wings win it 4-1!

It's a home game so doesn't that mean Conklin is in goal or are they letting Ozzie take this one?

Ozzie is starting. Read the beginning of the GDT.

It's time for Hank to really get going for the playoffs now. Out of the Big 3 he's the only one that I feel isn't playing quite as good as he can.

Tonight he will have 4 goals and 2 assists in a 6-2 Win. Datsyuk and Lidstrom pick up a goal each.

Guest mindfly

MASTADONIC GLOVEGRAB BY OSSSSGOOOOOOOUUUUDD

Edited by mindfly

I am from philly and all my friends are die hard flyers fans. Last time these two teams met was in Philly, in which I attended and was kicked out. This was the year the flyers were horrible and wings were at the top as usual, and the flyers pounded them. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased and heard it for days from my buddies. I need a redemption game here and need the wings to come out flying.

No predictions, just a W

Going to the game, and as it is St. Patty's Day I will be very Irish before i hit my seat.

This will be a close game but Wings will win 4-3, possible shootout.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seem to remember a while back hearing Babs wanted to make his playoff starter decision with 10-12 games left.

After tonight there are 11 games left...

A solid game by Ozzie win or lose and we have a playoff starter...

That is really all I care about tonight...

Hopefully its a win though.

The Flyers haven't won in Detroit since Nov. 4, 1988, going 0-13-0 with two ties in their last 15 trips to Joe Louis Arena -- the NHL's longest active road winless streak by one team against an opponent. This is the Flyers' first trip to Detroit since Jan. 12, 2006

Macdonald? I can't even remember wings had a goalie with that name

Joey MacDoald was a callup from Grand Rapids. He only played a handful of games with Detroit. He is currently playing for the Islanders.

it's always nice to see Knuble play. I met him 2 years ago, he's a great guy, and from Kentwood!

Yeah, Knuble's a local boy but he went to U of M so there's no way I can get along with him. His number is retired at Kentwood Ice Arena. I have to look at that damn banner evey time I play there.

Guest Shoreline
Macdonald? I can't even remember wings had a goalie with that name

That's because you're new to being a Wings fan. Joey Mac was a highly anticipated Wings prospect for several years who was mostly a bust, played a few games with the Wings where he was not terribly impressive, and was highly injury prone.