• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/17 GDT: Flyers 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Great. We missed five minutes of the period. It wasn't like they were coveirng marty, a lot of that five minutes was a fracking commercial.

Yup, I hate Versus. At least I can get NBC in HD, but WOW Cable doesn't have versus in HD.

National announcers get too caught up in one thing, like NBC gets caught up in the Crosby-Mario prolapse, and Versus tonight couldn't stop stroking Marty and then we missed 5 minutes of the final period to watch him skate around and cut off the net. I can understand cutting to Marty for a couple minutes, but not as long as what Versus did.

FSD is just superior to all other channels when it comes to hockey. Mickey is entertaining, insightful, and for the most part, rather fair. When Mickey sees a BS call, even if it favors the Red Wings, he still calls it BS.

Yup, I hate Versus. At least I can get NBC in HD, but WOW Cable doesn't have versus in HD.

National announcers get too caught up in one thing, like NBC gets caught up in the Crosby-Mario prolapse, and Versus tonight couldn't stop stroking Marty and then we missed 5 minutes of the final period to watch him skate around and cut off the net. I can understand cutting to Marty for a couple minutes, but not as long as what Versus did.

FSD is just superior to all other channels when it comes to hockey. Mickey is entertaining, insightful, and for the most part, rather fair. When Mickey sees a BS call, even if it favors the Red Wings, he still calls it BS.

What Marty accomplished was absolutely amazing. God forbid the guy gets a little attention. It was and is Marty's night. I'm glad they stuck with it so long, personally.

Guest mindfly
What,Lennart actually hoping for Filppula to come back soon?

:blink: But I do agree with your post,we need both of them.

Here's hoping Val gets better soon,back spams can be tricky.

Filppula has been very good the past 4-5games that he played, and anybody is better than a defenseman playing forward, would love to see meech healthy scratch again

ahh this game meant so much to me, my brother in law who i see all the time is a flyers fan, hes been saying all week "flyers will demolish you guys with physicality, high powered offense." the physicality was there, but wasnt used effectively to throw us off our game. i hate the flyers!! bunch of cheap shot goons!! you better believe im gonna gloat over this one!! LETS GO REDWINGS, so F***ing clutch. congrats to ozzie for winning 4 in a row also.

I read this entire thread... and the Ozzy bashin' was ridiculous! Anyone else notice "theOwl" only comes out when we're losing, but when Detroit and Ozzie come up big to win the game, he disapears? Funny how that works and what's more, funny he claims to be a "Red Wing fan" /loser

I lose faith so easily :( Then i remember the Wings have only lost 15 times this season. We are so lucky to have such a quality team.

Am i the only one that felt that the Versus announcers were not as enthusiastic (i think thats spelled wrong) with the game after the Red Wings took the lead? lol Personally i was happy that they showed the Brodeur celebration for a while, not every day u get to watch someone beat Roy's record and what better of a person than Brodeur? CG to him and let him have many more wins :)

Edited by Stolsanov

Guest Shoreline
ahh this game meant so much to me, my brother in law who i see all the time is a flyers fan, hes been saying all week "flyers will demolish you guys with physicality, high powered offense." the physicality was there, but wasnt used effectively to throw us off our game. i hate the flyers!! bunch of cheap shot goons!! you better believe im gonna gloat over this one!! LETS GO REDWINGS, so F***ing clutch. congrats to ozzie for winning 4 in a row also.

The only thing the Flyers challenged the Wings with was their physical game and look at how the most physical teams also take the most dumb penalties. Even though the Wings should have had a few more goals, especially one more with the 5 on 3, it goes to show how good the Wings are when they can coast through a period, take a 0-2 dive, and still come back to win rather than give up.

I lose faith so easily :( Then i remember the Wings have only lost 15 times this season. We are so lucky to have such a quality team.

I agree, assuming you aren't being sarcastic. No reason not to have faith in such a good team.

WOOHOO COYOTES LEAD 2-0. :lol:

Guest Shoreline
Am i the only one that felt that the Versus announcers were not as enthusiastic (i think thats spelled wrong) with the game after the Red Wings took the lead? lol Personally i was happy that they showed the Brodeur celebration for a while, not every day u get to watch someone beat Roy's record and what better of a person than Brodeur? CG to him and let him have many more wins :)

I like the Hurricanes play by play guy. Besides the obvious Marty spiel (which was warranted) he wasn't with Ed Olczyk (who doesn't know the meaning of shut the f*** up and let the play by play guy talk during play), and he rarely lets the color commentary guy yap during play. If Versus were to keep this guy for more games, rather than the extremely rare one, my views of them would improve slightly.

Edited by Shoreline

ahh this game mean so much to me, my brother in law who i see all the time is a flyers fan, hes been saying all week "flyers will demolish you guys with physicality, high powered offense." the physicality was there, but wasnt used effectively to throw us off our game. i hate the flyers!! bunch of cheap shot goons!! you better believe im gonna gloat over this one!! LETS GO REDWINGS, so F***ing clutch. congrats to ozzie for winning 4 in a row also.

dude i live in philly and a few of my closest friends are die hard fans. they watched it at my place, and what a turn of events. All in all the wings looked real solid, they pinched a few times and twice it bit them in the ass. i mean touche to the flyers for burying there few chances, but they are a bunch of line hangers. either way great win and gave me bragging rights.

"Better person" and Brodeur don't really go hand in hand, but to answer that question, Osgood, obviously :P

I like the Hurricanes play by play guy. Besides the obvious Marty spiel (which was warranted) he wasn't with Ed Olczyk (who doesn't know the meaning of shut the f*** up and let the play by play guy talk during play), and he rarely lets the color commentary guy yap during play. If Versus were to keep this guy for more games, rather than the extremely rare one, my views of them would improve slightly.

Agreed. I could actually stomach the announcers for tonights game, and there's been times in the past where I mute my TV during Vs. coverage and turn on Ken Kal.

It bothered my how FAST Vs. cut away from the Wings victory...as soon as the clock hit 0:00 they were back at Central.

Edited by syntax

Loved tonight's game. Once again Zetterberg and Datsyuk show why they are the best 1-2 combo in the NHL by playing in all three zones at such a high level. Babcock never needs to hide them like say, the Pittsburgh coach might need to. Some strong games tonight by several Wings. They'll need to keep it going against Atlanta who have won 6 of 7 and have some great scoring.

Philly does that same tired routine every game I watch them in, they try to run teams over, beat them up and see how long they can get away with it or if the other team will buckle. The big nasty routine has grown stale and their treading water routine in the Eastern Conference standings shows that.

Final thoughts, Osgood held the fort when it needed holding but more importantly, the Wings find ways to win with guys not in the lineup and without Leino and Helm in Grand Rapids still. If they get healthy and guys are fighting to crack the lineup, they become that much better.

Man I feel bad for Franzen. He's a bloody machine, and the Wings need him. And really he should stay, because he will do better, score more goals, and he plays with Datsyuk. BUT on the other hand, he does deserve 3-4 million a season, and he might not have another chance to really get paid in his career if he signs a long deal. I hope Hossa signs for less, like real less, he's made his millions, and sure he deserves millions, but so do these other guys who've been playing amazing, for basically nothing.

I think that the end of this game shows how good we can be especially when we're trailing. We didn't have our full lineup in tonight but when we have Dats, Hank, Hossa, in the playoffs, when we have the goaltending and our offense is on top of it, we can be unstoppable. Go Wings! Glad to be able to watch the game tonight on VS, even if I missed the first 5 minutes of the 3rd, it's better than having the wait for the highlights on NHL.com.

Guest Shoreline
So it's sarcasm when you do it and it's hate when anyone else does it... nice double standard. How very convenient for you...

Uh, generally speaking, if you aren't being sarcastic and saying what I did then you are simply stupid, not a hater.

You better believe given that Ozzie bashing occurs even when he's playing a great game that they are gonna get crapped all over and mocked. There's no logic to hating on a player who helps this team win.

COYOTES SCORE AGAIN. 3-0. :lol: