• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings4life

GDT San Jose Sharks vs Nashville Predators

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Sharks I think 1 point behind the Wings now with 102 and 1 game in hand. So Wings need to steal one more point away from San Jose.

Guest Shoreline

Welp, back home I go. High fiving friend of mine and pretending I wanted the Sharks to win. :lol:

Am I the only guy think the Sharks is playing bad lately even though they win some games? For me, I am not going to be surprised even if they exit from the first round to the golf course.

Guest Shoreline
Good grief. 2 straight home shootout wins for the Sharks in games they should've lost. They're still the favorites to finish 1st with their schedule. Frustrating.

Well, between Edmonton and Nashville.. if Nashville finishes 8th and Sharks first, they get to deal with them. And quite honestly there's little to be concerned about between the Hawks and Canucks. I'd rather the Wings play Edmonton to start.

Well, between Edmonton and Nashville.. if Nashville finishes 8th and Sharks first, they get to deal with them. And quite honestly there's little to be concerned about between the Hawks and Canucks. I'd rather the Wings play Edmonton to start.

All I care about is that we get to face the Hawks (read: Quennville) sometime in the playoffs. Win over Quennville = assured Stanley Cup.

Am I the only guy think the Sharks is playing bad lately even though they win some games? For me, I am not going to be surprised even if they exit from the first round to the golf course.

No you're not. I agree...the Sharks haven't been the same team lately. Part of the reason is injuries, part of it is most likely some "dog days" apathy...they recently had a closed door 90 minute meeting instead of practice to hash some of the issues out and get everyone on the same page. Not that unusual, but clearly they're not happy with their play either. It's all about the playoffs and how teams are playing come mid April. The Wings and Sharks are merely jockeying for position right now.

Guest MrSandMan
No you're not. I agree...the Sharks haven't been the same team lately. Part of the reason is injuries, part of it is most likely some "dog days" apathy...they recently had a closed door 90 minute meeting instead of practice to hash some of the issues out and get everyone on the same page. Not that unusual, but clearly they're not happy with their play either. It's all about the playoffs and how teams are playing come mid April. The Wings and Sharks are merely jockeying for position right now.

Wings had more than their fair share of injuries too (and still do). That's no excuse for the way the Sharks have been playing. Good teams can and will rise to the occasion. Sharks, apparently, cannot.

Edited by MrSandMan

Guest MrSandMan
So, the Sharks aren't good?

Obviously not good at adversity. Continuously struggling to win games or losing games they are 3 goals ahead isn't "good" in my book.

I'm sure you're going to bring up the Wings having a few blowout games, but they respond with dominance and "do" win when they want to. And have proven they can fight through adversity.

Edited by MrSandMan

Wings had more than their fair share of injuries too (and still do). That's no excuse for the way the Sharks have been playing. Good teams can and will rise to the occasion. Sharks, apparently, cannot.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post. I'm not making excuses for their poor play the last month or so. I was agreeing with another poster about how poorly they've been playing and providing some possible reasons as to why. I find in interesting how that with more than 10 games left in the season, that you've already come to the conclusion that the Sharks are incapable of overcoming the slump that they're in. I suppose that it's all over now, I should stop watching, and the Sharks should make late April vacation plans. /sarcasm The jury is still out. I think the majority of posters here realize that many teams are capable of getting hot come playoff time. To count out even a potential 8 seed at this point is ridiculous.

Guest MrSandMan
Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post. I'm not making excuses for their poor play the last month or so. I was agreeing with another poster about how poorly they've been playing and providing some possible reasons as to why. I find in interesting how that with more than 10 games left in the season, that you've already come to the conclusion that the Sharks are incapable of overcoming the slump that they're in. I suppose that it's all over now, I should stop watching, and the Sharks should make late April vacation plans. /sarcasm The jury is still out. I think the majority of posters here realize that many teams are capable of getting hot come playoff time. To count out even a potential 8 seed at this point is ridiculous.

No, I was just pointing out that using the "injury" card is a bunch of malarkey. All teams face injuries; elite teams play through them while finding ways to win. Our team has / have key injuries, yet we don't make "injury" excuses everytime they lose a game. Instead, the Red Wings respond by winning the next 1, 2, or 8 games...

My point is if Sharks can't play through a little adversity, how are they going to win the best of 7 against a solid team (such as Calgary or Vancouver)?

And what happen to the Sharks big gunners, they went MIA for awhile. Are they back now or is this just false hope?

No, I was just pointing out that using the "injury" card is a bunch of malarkey. All teams face injuries; elite teams play through them while finding ways to win. Our team has / have key injuries, yet we don't make "injury" excuses everytime they lose a game. Instead, the Red Wings respond by winning the next 1, 2, or 8 games...

My point is if Sharks can't play through a little adversity, how are they going to win the best of 7 against a solid team (such as Calgary or Vancouver)?

And what happen to the Sharks big gunners, they went MIA for awhile. Are they back now or is this just false hope?

Everyone knows the injury card is malarkey. No one is playing it. I'm aware of the Wings situation regarding injuries. Yes, if the Sharks can't play through adversity, they can't be expected to win a best of 7 against a solid team. You can say that about ANY team. That's what the playoffs are filled with. Adversity. Injuries. Scoring goes down. Everything you are saying is true. Also, everything you are saying is common knowledge among an average hockey fan. The Sharks top line has struggled recently. Again, I'm aware. Are they back? I don't have a crystal ball. They played well the last game or two, but they've been broken up. Setoguchi got moved down from the 1st line to take Clowe's place on the 2nd line with Michalek and Pavelski. The hole created by Setoguchi's departure on the top line was filled by Cheechoo. The reason for these moves is because... (I'm afraid to say it, you'll think I'm making an excuse).

To sum it all up...Yes, I'm already fully aware of everything you are saying, as are most other people, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.