• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/20 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Thrashers 3

Rate this topic

Don't feed the trolls :P

Seriously, Osgood needs to go a foot taller and gain about 200 lbs to stop some of these shots because his D isn't helping him a ton.

:blink: I can't get the image of fattie Osgood stuffed into goalie gear and shoved in front of my net out of my head. Wait, isn't this a subplot in Mighty Ducks?

:blink: I can't get the image of fattie Osgood stuffed into goalie gear and shoved in front of my net out of my head. Wait, isn't this a subplot in Mighty Ducks?

LOL

And Babcock could start wearing better suits and do his hair like Emilio Estevez and there you have it LOL

All you need is some corny Disney-esque BS surrounding the team and a couple hot chicks to be playing on the Wings.....

Please tell me someone saw what Hudler did after the game. LOL

Ok Everyone is lining up to touch helmets with Ozzie.. it's Maltby's turn and Hudler comes from the side and gives Maltby a love-tap on the helmet and goes to Ozzie first, telling him good game and great job and stuff..

Malts just smiles and goes around both of them and gives Hudler a slash in the back of the leg, and Hudler goes right after him to the locker room. Hudler just cracks me up. I'm glad these guys are so loose. :P

Guest mindfly
Some people are never satisfied.

If you read the postgame comments, no one is satisfied you lil ****

"We could have spent a little more time in their end," Zetterberg said. *Zetterberg not totally pleased, me neither*

"I didn't like the way we gave up the third goal," Babcock said. " *Babcock not totally pleased, me neither*

"I didn't like our first penalty kill, Babcock said" *Babcock not totally pleased, me neither*

Edited by mindfly

Ozzie played a very good game. He looks to be in 2007-8 form to me at this point. That's great news heading into the playoffs.

The team is as good as they want to be. Their penalty kill and defense in general have been spotty all season, and they still lead the league in points. That should be scary to the rest of the NHL, because if they play 60 minutes, it will be hard to beat them. Of course, if they show the same looseness with the lead in a playoff game, they could get bounced. Which should scare us Wings fans.

The subplot here is Babcock has mostly been tolerant of the letdowns, at least publicly. I get the sense that this is a strategy he's learned from experience and maybe some tips he's picked up from Bowman. You gotta let the guys deal with the hangover and as long as they show up in April, May and June, this stuff is trivial. Now, if they bow out early, the second guessing can begin, but I think it's a sound strategy and the team is looking better now than at any other point in the season.

The Samuelsson "fight" was embarrassing. As someone else said, this is exactly the kind of thing that gives the Red Wings the (mostly undeserved) reputation they have. Pushing the envelope with a guy like that with your gloves sewn on... just pathetic. If you're a wuss, then don't pretend you aren't. Ridiculous.

As hilariously noted in MLive:

Of note in Swedish: Mikael Samuelsson told Expressen's Gunnar Nordstrom (link goes to a Google translation) that he couldn't fight Nathan Oystrick because he taped his gloves on too tightly (which, the equipment nerds know, he does regularly with clear shin guard tape, despite the fact that his gloves are tiny, tight, and have wrists stiffer than concrete), but he tried to toss 'em because he got speared

Whatever you say, Mikey. :P