• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheSupafly

Tootoo gets his ass handed to him.

Rate this topic

Find where I called you stupid. I said it was ludicrous to say that he was skating away from the fight. If he was skating away he would have never taken the blows he did and he would have just gone down. I'm not trying to defend Tootoo's character at all he does cheap shot people. I'm just saying that your view that he was skating away from the fight and that he is chicken s*** can't be defended well at all. Where he removed his tape is completely irrelevant to the fight.

I apologize I did confuse you with another poster! (D'oh shutoutking, I did the same thing I gave you crap for!)

Sure those things are what you think, but the only one in the world that knows what Tootoo was thinking is Tootoo, the rest of us are using inferences to decipher what we think he was trying to do, based on his past history I think he was trying to find away to avoid a fair fight. The fight in Dallas where he sucker punched Robidas, he initiated that fight as well, did he not.

I think his intentions were to get revenge on Staubitz, not to have a fair fight, that didn't work so he back peddles 50+ feet then has a fight. You don't care how long he back peddled or if he skated to the moon, you think he fought he can't be chicken s***. Persepective man, I have a different one than you, I don't find Tootoo any different than Downie other than he doesn't use his stick. I have very little use for either of them in the NHL and could care less what skill set they have. My take on the situation, I welcome yours. I also find it funny that the guy gave him the opportunity to remove the tape, and then Tootoo lunges at him when the guy is still trying to catch him, but you probably see that as good strategy. Tomato Tomahto.

My opinion of Tootoo is that he is not a big fan of a fair fight, does that cloud my judgment on this incident, you are damn straight it does and I never said it didn't.

You tell me the last guy that traveled over 50 feet to remove a piece of equipment before a fight?

If he moved that far because he was afraid to get punched while removing tape, IMO, that is his own fault, if his rep wasn't to be a cheashotter, if his rep were that he were a stand up fighter he would not have to worry about getting sucker punched unless it is Tootoo he is fighting.

I find it funny that my opinion is so annoying and bothersome to you all that you must keep this going. I stated why I think he was running away, it doesn't make sense to you, it doesn't have to.

Guest Shoreline
Oh, bliss.

I'm going to watch this over and over and over......

Brad, you're a beast (in the best possible way) :lol:

Same. As I said earlier, reminds me of how Clowe beat Tootoo down as well. The Sharks must eat their spinach before playing the turds.

How about a Ruutu/Tootoo/Cheechoo fight? A round-robin, if you will. Hell, I think the announcers would give up halfway through.

half way through there would only be Ruutu and Tootoo remaining so that's not too bad

Fair enough opie, I see where you are coming from. I just thought calling him chicken s*** was a little much that's all. I respect the fact he stood in there and took those shots right to the face. He could have easily backed down. I do agree on the lunge though. Seemed like he coulda waited a second after he got the tape off instead of lunging like that.

Edited by henrik40

okay seriously guys...he wasnt running away, he was clearly taking tape off. i hate tootoo as much as the next guy but he stood there and took it like a man so you have to give him that. and he definitely wasnt running away scared.

Great fight, I have to say I loved watching that little puke get absolutely, unequivocally DEMOLISHED. While Tootoo is tough, you have to realize he is one of the biggest spotpicking cheapshots in the league. That's the beauty of the NHL, cheap shot artists, no matter who they are, get it back sooner then later.

You say Staubitz was throwing elbows? Well, I didn't see it, I didn't see it at all. He may have clipped him while folloing through and pulling back, but if you have ever thrown punches like that you would know that he wasn't throwing elbows as a form of offense. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt -- let's say Staubitz was throwing elbows - Good. I wish he threw more, and I wish he threw them harder.

Tootoo deserves anything and everything he gets -- literally:

These are just a sample of this prick's "greatest cheap shots" collection. He is a punk, he deserves nothing in terms of respect and when it comes to retribution I will cheer anything that comes his way.

Please....

No one is trying to argue here that Jordin does not make cheap shots. I'm a Preds fan and a Tootoo fan, and I've seen it happen. But as one who watches just about every game, I can tell you that his late hits are few and far between. The ones that do happen get YouTubed and bitched about. Thats just how it works. You are obviously just YouTubing "Tootoo cheap shots" or what have you and posting them. Thats kind of an unfair assessment, as during games Tootoo doles out great body checks that are perfectly legal.

Its humorous how most of you enjoyed him getting hurt. He's a somewhat skilled player who happens to be our toughest and most aggressive, which in turn makes him our most hated.

Again, not saying he hasn't played dirty before, he has, and I don't commend it at all. My only points here were:

1. He was unequivocally, completely not running from Staubitz. I think thats been established.

2. He is incredibly tough just for standing there taking those shots, not falling down, and then skating away, and WANTING to go to the penalty box instead of the locker. Even Opie can admit that. I gained respect for him seeing him absorb those, actually. The speculation that Staubitz is throwing elbows is just that, speculation. I couldn't tell one way or the other. Either way, you know it hurt.

Anyway, you guys who are hating on him are pulling from a very small sample size. If you watched our games, you'd know its different.

I think I've said all that can be profitably said in this thread, by me anyway, so unless someone brings up something new I'm out.

Tootoo is a way better fighter, especially for his size, than most people here would care to admit. You just don't see the guy lose.

Except in this fight. He ate a lot of lefts and took a serious beating.

These are just a sample of this prick's "greatest cheap shots" collection. He is a punk, he deserves nothing in terms of respect and when it comes to retribution I will cheer anything that comes his way.

THANKS, Sure. I knew they were out there. I saw two of them myself. This is too much of who he is. And when he gets it back, I am beyond grateful. What goes around does come around and that's exactly as it should be.

:punk:

Please....

No one is trying to argue here that Jordin does not make cheap shots. I'm a Preds fan and a Tootoo fan, and I've seen it happen. But as one who watches just about every game, I can tell you that his late hits are few and far between. The ones that do happen get YouTubed and bitched about. Thats just how it works. You are obviously just YouTubing "Tootoo cheap shots" or what have you and posting them. Thats kind of an unfair assessment, as during games Tootoo doles out great body checks that are perfectly legal.

Its humorous how most of you enjoyed him getting hurt. He's a somewhat skilled player who happens to be our toughest and most aggressive, which in turn makes him our most hated.

Again, not saying he hasn't played dirty before, he has, and I don't commend it at all. My only points here were:

1. He was unequivocally, completely not running from Staubitz. I think thats been established.

2. He is incredibly tough just for standing there taking those shots, not falling down, and then skating away, and WANTING to go to the penalty box instead of the locker. Even Opie can admit that. I gained respect for him seeing him absorb those, actually. The speculation that Staubitz is throwing elbows is just that, speculation. I couldn't tell one way or the other. Either way, you know it hurt.

Anyway, you guys who are hating on him are pulling from a very small sample size. If you watched our games, you'd know its different.

I think I've said all that can be profitably said in this thread, by me anyway, so unless someone brings up something new I'm out.

I think it's kind of cool and noble that you come here to stand up for one of your players and take whatever flack comes your way. But it's not just us who don't like him. You must know that. Even visitors from other boards have joined in here to comment negatively about him. That doesn't necessarily make us any more right, but you may be choosing to get yourself involved in a lost cause. :blink:

I think it's kind of cool and noble that you come here to stand up for one of your players and take whatever flack comes your way. But it's not just us who don't like him. You must know that. Even visitors from other boards have joined in here to comment negatively about him. That doesn't necessarily make us any more right, but you may be choosing to get yourself involved in a lost cause. :blink:

Exactly. A quick tour of other teams' boards shows widespread applause for Staubitz's beatdown on Tootoo. There is a reason for that.

Hey, I know, there's widespread hatred, and some of it justifiable, like Stars fans for the Robidas punch.

I'll try and repeat my point, and that is most people don't watch entire Predator games, and are pulling from what others say and a youtube sampling, thats all. I'm fully aware that 29 teams hate the living daylights out of him. Fine. I hate Alex Burrows like you hate Tootoo, especially because he scores goals. :ranting: I loved watching Toots take it to him.

You have to know that for every cheap shot you can find on YouTube there is one or two good old fashioned beatings he gave someone, and those for them cheap shotting one of our guys.

So, my mission here was not to make you stop hating Jordin. Its to appreciate him for what he is--one tough SOB who doesn't back down and usually beats the crap out of opponents, but a guy who has a tendency to get overaggressive on occasion. I mean, you can tell he's rock solid from just absorbing those forearms/lefts like he did. We'd have hit the ground after the first one.

So keep on hating. Maybe one of these days I'll get to see him beat up on Downey. If you watch two or three entire games, you'll see Tootoo hustling, checking hard, and using his rocket slapshot to set up rebound chances.

You probably figured I'd show up eventually :P

But, everyone is pretty much right- Tootoo got the stuffing beat out of him. Initially he might have landed a few, but Staubitz was plain crushing him. However, Staubitz was throwing elbows which no one really appreciates, and Tootoo was just in terrible position.

Context, though, Staubitz had boarded Jordin from behind roughly earlier with no call, and something had to be done about it. If Belak is back next Thursday Staubitz may be in for a long night.

@Puckbags, that wasn't Tootoo's actions, that was Staubitz being accountable. Tootoo had been challenging him earlier.

@Shaman464--How many Tootoo fights have you watched man? I know for a fact he hasn't gotten "demolished" 5 times this year. He's gotten beaten, sure, but most of the time its a draw or he's the victor. In fact, in November he beat up on Staubitz in Nashville.

Watch some of his other fights. It helps to be informed before you pull stuff out of your ass.

Anyway, his face has got to be just killing him this morning. He missed quite a bit of the period getting repaired.

I just watched the November fight, and you are a homer my friend! Staubitz was off balance a little, but sure didn't get his ass handed to him in November (as you seem to be suggesting).

What's funny about this latest fight is watching Tootoo run in the beginning. Is he trying to get Staubitz off balance or what? If the refs had let this fight go on, it would have been Knock Out. I would have loved to see that! Tootoo was brutalized and the whole league has to love that! I personally would love a shot at Tootoo!

I just watched the November fight, and you are a homer my friend! Staubitz was off balance a little, but sure didn't get his ass handed to him in November (as you seem to be suggesting).

What's funny about this latest fight is watching Tootoo run in the beginning. Is he trying to get Staubitz off balance or what? If the refs had let this fight go on, it would have been Knock Out. I would have loved to see that! Tootoo was brutalized and the whole league has to love that! I personally would love a shot at Tootoo!

No offense, as much as I'd love to beat his ass too, I think we would all get our faces broken in a fight with Tootoo.