• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmorland

Martin Brodeur: Great Goalie, Questionable Morals

Rate this topic

legendary goaltenders are aloud to bang the sister-in-law

Well there's the problem- he should have done it quietly.

(Sorry- it's Bad Pun Day in my world.)

Edited by 55fan

Charles Barkley was right. He said role models should be parents/teachers and the like. I think we tend to mix up hero and idol. To me Barkley can be an idol, as for heros I'll stick to cops and fireman and their like. C'mon, the TV show is called "American Idol" not "American Hero".

When Brodeur cheated he probably didn't expect to get caught, doesn't make it right but people are people and cheatings been going on since people been here.

Respect Brodeur as a hockey player. If you chose to find out what he is like off the ice don't be suprised to find out he isn't perfect. Unlike all of us moralizers here.

A human being made a mistake? Preposterous! :scared:

:thumbup: Agreed.

I find it very funny that people on here act like they are so much better then others! Maybe we should drag Marty by the heels across North Dakota for being such a beast! Damn Cheater! lol Those who write this kind of BS on here should get a life. He is a hockey player not a God. Do you know the whole story? Must be true if the media said it right?

It's damn easy to demand from OTHERS to be like a "god".

When Barkley talks about "role models" then it should be reminded to him that Barkley himself has acted "questionably" during his career.

Mistakes ain't sins, not learning from those are.

Guest mindfly

And if he never got married he never would have been forced to pay that much money... what good comes out of marriage? it's just BS.

And if he never got married he never would have been forced to pay that much money... what good comes out of marriage? it's just BS.

If he still had the kids with her then yes, he probably would still have to pay. A guy commits adultery, and you blame the fallout on marriage? You're a gem, Mindfly.

If he still had the kids with her then yes, he probably would still have to pay. A guy commits adultery, and you blame the fallout on marriage? You're a gem, Mindfly.

Lighten up a tad. Given his track record around here I expected him to say Osgood recommended the sis-in-law as a nanny. That had to be tough to pass up a shot at Ozzy. ;) ;)

Edited by softshoes

He should have thought about that. If I ever get married and my husband decides to dip his quill in another ink pot.....he's going to wish he never laid eyes on me. Hell hath no fury, and all. He's going to wish all I took from him was his money.

WORDS OF WISDOM

Two and a Half Men spoken by Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen)

Season 1 Like Buffalo

"If you have got someone to clean your house and do your shopping, and your getting some action on on a regular basis only reason you need a wife is if you have a sick complusion to give away half your stuff"

As soon as I heard that I decided I would never have a wife.

WORDS OF WISDOM

Two and a Half Men spoken by Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen)

Season 1 Like Buffalo

"If you have got someone to clean your house and do your shopping, and your getting some action on on a regular basis only reason you need a wife is if you have a sick complusion to give away half your stuff"

As soon as I heard that I decided I would never have a wife.

oh and because of the crazy chick that posted that above

It's damn easy to demand from OTHERS to be like a "god".

When Barkley talks about "role models" then it should be reminded to him that Barkley himself has acted "questionably" during his career.

Mistakes ain't sins, not learning from those are.

And there you have it.

Is it really necessary to air out a man's dirty laundry? People make mistakes and it's unfortunate. Why do people insist on recalling someone's past only once they have done something great? Give the man his due; he is one of the best goalies in the history of the game. Leave the past in the past. I'm sure he's moved on and so should you. Brodeur is the man!

If only he could have broke the record in a Wings jersey... :wub:

Amen. If he had done some criminal activity we should know about it. But discussing his personal relationships? Unnecessary.

He'll probably have to play until he's 45 to pay the alimony!

BTW, don't defend cheaters. They're cowardly.

You have no idea what his personal life situation was like, none of us do. We can't judge someone for making a personal choice. It's not like he was using an extensive prostitution ring or anything. He had an affair. Cheating is bad, yes, but don't pretend like you can know his situation to judge him.

You have no idea what his personal life situation was like, none of us do. We can't judge someone for making a personal choice. It's not like he was using an extensive prostitution ring or anything. He had an affair. Cheating is bad, yes, but don't pretend like you can know his situation to judge him.

Didn't you hear? The media KNOWS EVERYTHING! They are the be all, end all of ALL information. :rolleyes:

He cheated on his wife... he's paying his dues. He's paying his child support. He made a choice and now he's living with it. Oh, and by the way... he just broke the All-Time wins record. I realize this is marital strife forum, but I figured I'd throw that last part in in case there were any hockey fans present.

Gossip, gossip, gossip...

Affairs, cheating, infidelity---that story has been written over and over again; but the story always ends in turmoil. Too bad humanity doesn't learn.

Just goes to show that we can be immortalized by having all the riches, awards & records in the world; but nobody is immune from immorality. We are all guilty of it in one way or another.

Unfortunate and sad. And public or not, the Brodeur family needs their privacy respected.

Guest Crymson
ya, I agree. If you're a public figure, then your actions will be publicized. It's just the way it goes.

His actions being publicized and you taking it upon yourself to judge those actions are two different things entirely.

Not to excuse what Brodeur did, but some of the posts in here are implying like he is the only person on this planet that is capable of such a mistake and a mistake like this, and he is Satan's son (bad pun day given he plays for the Devils).

Sadly, plenty of people have questionable morals, not just Brodeur, and scenarios like these while not a standard I think, are unfortantely not a brand new invention.

He is getting royally screwed regardless of his morals. His ex was also awarded 9 million in assets. The $500k a year she gets is after taxes too so she will have received about 15 million from Marty when it is all said and done. Brodeur makes 5.2 million annually - after taxes he makes around 2.8 or 2.9 Miliion or so give or take. If he retires in 2012 his income will be minimal. That is an unjust ruling...

Marty better start making tons of commercials or move himself and all of his remaining assets back to Canada when he retires.

Guest Shoreline
Everyone is cheating in america anyway, they made this huge deal out of marriage and they just can't keep the promise "til death do us apart" ;)

It sounds like you're as uneducated about America as you are hockey. Sucks to be you.

Wow, sucks to be him.... he made a bad decision though and now he has to pay.

Are you serious? Because he made a decision to lay into another women hes obligated to support her for life? She can basically retire of that money unless shes a dumbass. I just don't get how they can do that. Obviously you need to pay some child support but 500k a year? f*** that bulls***.

Seems I screwed up. Again. Went to church this morning. That was my first mistake. The minister's theme was "Forgiving Ourselves". In the process, he gently and lovingly reminded us that we are all children of God. He loves us all and no one of us is any better or worse than the other person.

You don't have to be a believer in God to understand the logic of that. I am also reminded about another thing I heard - that we can only fix ourselves.

So. Therefore. I was wrong to judge Marty Brodeur. It isn't my place to do that. I don't even have to bother with it. I can disagree with what he did but the main thing is I need to live my own life to the best of my ability.

He'll never be a hero in my eyes, and that's ok too.

But I am in agreement with Electrophile. If I were his spouse, I would know that I had been used and abused by him and I would get the hell out so fast there'd be a mini-whirlwind.

Guest Shoreline
Are you serious? Because he made a decision to lay into another women hes obligated to support her for life? She can basically retire of that money unless shes a dumbass. I just don't get how they can do that. Obviously you need to pay some child support but 500k a year? f*** that bulls***.

Welcome to having kids. The amount of child support that's paid is related to income. Brodeur obviously cannot help his kid as much as he would like, given how much time his career takes. Given the alimony and mediator and all that jazz, he obviously didn't do a prenup, and rich people should know better.