7 replies to this topic

#1 goredwings

goredwings

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

Interesting Article on nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|Home

I totallly agree i read the post on this site daily for the pure amusement. You people think the world of red wing is comming to an end at the slightest bit of adversity. Have some faith

Also I would keep Franzen over Hossa in a heart beat.

Edited by goredwings, 20 March 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#2 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

"I can taste another long run," Lidstrom said. "I can feel it in this room. The guys are getting that focused look in their eyes."

That's what I like to hear, Captain.
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#3 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (goredwings @ March 20, 2009 - 11:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also I would keep Franzen over Hossa in a heart beat.

Not to take away from the article, which he is spot on, but...

Only problem being Hossa has gone on record saying he knows he has to take a discount to stay on the team and says it's a matter of time while Franzen hasn't stated one thing.

Comes down to money. Franzen at 3 and Hossa at 7? Gotta take Franzen. Franzen at 5 and Hossa at 6? Gotta take Hossa, you are on a high that isn't coming down anytime soon if you pick otherwise.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#4 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

I myself tend to make comparisons to last year when they had that all-time Red Wings best start, and it's unfair to say the least. This year is much, much different. You've got increased parity, the so-called Stanley Cup Hangover and a target on your back because you're the "measuring stick" and you get every team's best effort. Also, they came into last year with such emotional intensity from losing to Anaheim. They didn't have that this year.

I think someone had a thread about the wings not giving their best effort every night or whatever and how that's a disservice to the fans or something. They have a point to a certain extent, but I can definitely see how the players are trying to manage their energy every game so that long term they'll still have enough in the tank to get #12. They're athletes, but they're still human.

#5 awingsincebirth

awingsincebirth

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (EuroTwin @ March 20, 2009 - 10:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I can taste another long run," Lidstrom said. "I can feel it in this room. The guys are getting that focused look in their eyes."

Made me smile, too, my friend.

#6 finalfilppula

finalfilppula

Happy Together

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (EuroTwin @ March 20, 2009 - 11:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i can feel it in my loins!!!1

great to hear something like that.

#7 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

I've been wanting someone in the media to mention this for sometime. When debating the best team in the league, funny how its either been San Jose or Boston all year. Detroit hasn't been as great as last season, I think we can all agree there, and yet, here they sit on the top of the league and are just rounding into form.

What does it say when you're in a fight, the other guy is still winning and you say 'but you're not using both fists'?

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

The Wings are clearly the best team in the league. The problem is that they haven't played like it -- not with any consistency, at least.

All we can do is hope everything "clicks" come the playoffs.

Don't Toews me, bro!