• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
goredwings

my sentiments exactly

Rate this topic

Interesting Article on nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=414523&...vid=DL|NHL|Home

I totallly agree i read the post on this site daily for the pure amusement. You people think the world of red wing is comming to an end at the slightest bit of adversity. Have some faith

Also I would keep Franzen over Hossa in a heart beat.

Edited by goredwings

Also I would keep Franzen over Hossa in a heart beat.

Not to take away from the article, which he is spot on, but...

Only problem being Hossa has gone on record saying he knows he has to take a discount to stay on the team and says it's a matter of time while Franzen hasn't stated one thing.

Comes down to money. Franzen at 3 and Hossa at 7? Gotta take Franzen. Franzen at 5 and Hossa at 6? Gotta take Hossa, you are on a high that isn't coming down anytime soon if you pick otherwise.

I myself tend to make comparisons to last year when they had that all-time Red Wings best start, and it's unfair to say the least. This year is much, much different. You've got increased parity, the so-called Stanley Cup Hangover and a target on your back because you're the "measuring stick" and you get every team's best effort. Also, they came into last year with such emotional intensity from losing to Anaheim. They didn't have that this year.

I think someone had a thread about the wings not giving their best effort every night or whatever and how that's a disservice to the fans or something. They have a point to a certain extent, but I can definitely see how the players are trying to manage their energy every game so that long term they'll still have enough in the tank to get #12. They're athletes, but they're still human.

"I can taste another long run," Lidstrom said. "I can feel it in this room. The guys are getting that focused look in their eyes."

That's what I like to hear, Captain.

i can feel it in my loins!!!1

great to hear something like that.

I've been wanting someone in the media to mention this for sometime. When debating the best team in the league, funny how its either been San Jose or Boston all year. Detroit hasn't been as great as last season, I think we can all agree there, and yet, here they sit on the top of the league and are just rounding into form.

What does it say when you're in a fight, the other guy is still winning and you say 'but you're not using both fists'?