• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
agent37x

Tuukka Rask goes nuts

Rate this topic

Im soccer in the UK if a referee makes a bad decision like that one... they get moved down a league... dunno if this could translate to this situation?

How it works in America is the more incompitent (sp?) you are the more you get moved up. I am positive we will seeing him ref the SCF's this spring

Edited by OsGOD

Rask definitely did NOT make the poke check. The puck continued moving towards the goal line the whole time; had the check been made, it moves back towards the blue line. And the skater's only backwards movement was to turn around and shoot the puck, which can be argued as a deke. At best, Rask has a case that the play should be reviewed. Not sure on what the AHL rules are on shootout reviews. The crossbar goal, Rask HEARD it hit the post or crossbar, and the ref was clearly and immediately in an argument with him saying it went off the back bar. That would suggest that the ref SAW it go off the back bar, which means that the ref saw the shot the whole way, in and out.

So I'm going against the grain and saying the ref got it right here.

No listen here Eva- I have a hard time believing that in the course of a game-deciding shoot-out, the losing goalie would express an honest (but misguided) argument that the winning goal was in-fact a non-goal!

I mean be reasonable here.

How it works in America is the more incompitent (sp?) you are the more you get moved up. I am positive we will seeing him ref the SCF's this spring

I think it's more along the lines of- seniority trumps competence in a head to head competition for a reffing position. :P

I guess they assume that the more games a ref's called without losing his job the better he must be at reffing?

At best, Rask has a case that the play should be reviewed. Not sure on what the AHL rules are on shootout reviews.

Unless they added it this season, the last I knew the AHL (amazingly) didn't have video review.... period.

I like how he pulled a Fleury when he tried the initial time to slam the boards with his stick...

in all honesty though I think the play should have been blown dead on the first attempt, but then again the ref's angle was from the goal line looking out so he may have deemed it that the motion was continuous since the player never did actually stop his feet. The 2nd one definately looked like it got the crossbar cause it shot out very quickly after the shot and the netting looked as if it were a little loose, but who knows for sure with the quality of the video it was too tough to tell conclusively

Upon looking at the replay...i don't think Rask pokechecked it, i think the player just lost control. The puck kept moving forwards towards the goal (albeit very slowly) then the player went back and shot it into an open cage.....good call.

And guys, not to be cynical or anything, but get a clue as to how a game is officiated and what the rules are. This board is just filled with posts of how bad refs are, has anyone stopped to think...maybe it's the league's standard that has to be changed? A lot of NHL reff's i know don't agree with the current standard, but they still have to call it if they want a job.

As for punishment of officials, occasionally officials will get "suspended" but never will it be a public thing, they just won't get the same number of assignments they usually get. But if you want a real test try getting a buddy to load up a youtube video of a questionable call (because if you load it yourself you'll know what's going to happen), watch it once, then say what you'd call, it's not that easy.

I think the ref got it right on both calls, sorry, I think he got it right on the "non-poke check" call and the video wasn't good enough for me to assess the second one, so I assume he got it right. At a minimum, there is no way someone should be screaming that the ref is incompetent.

Im soccer in the UK if a referee makes a bad decision like that one... they get moved down a league... dunno if this could translate to this situation?

Or 200 supporters wait for him outside the stadium. If the calls bad enough maybe beat him down right then at midfield.

Whether or not he poke checked it or not, or whether or not the last goal went in. You got to give Rask some credit. He's got passion, good for him. I also enjoyed watching the clip a couple times.

Moments like these are very entertaining! :D

Guest CaliWingsNut
what a temper on that guy. even if he does have a case, professionals ought to keep it under control on the ice.

and dunkin donuts has an arena? yikes.

Regardless of where the rink is, america (and the world) run on dunkin and baskin robbins.... They are currently expanding in this market (with something like 800 opening planned this year), while starbucks is hoping to survive. That's without mentioning the market share they already have.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Looks like he will not be suspended...

Providence Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask, who had a meltdown after last Friday's AHL game against the Albany River Rats, will not be suspended for his stick-smashing, crate-tossing tantrum, the Providence Journal reported Tuesday.

Bruins coach Rob Murray said the AHL office has notified the club that no suspension was forthcoming, adding that he did not know if the 22-year-old had been fined, according to the Journal.

ESPN