• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
roboturner

The love and hate of Sidney Crosby

Rate this topic

He'd be alright in my book if the NHL and EVERY single media outlet wasn't harping about him 24/7 putting him up on a pedastal and saying this is your hockey god, worship him. I don't see any NHL commercials featuring anyone except Crosby. Crosby is not the type of player the NHL should be using as their icon and neither is Ovetchkin, they aren't iconic legends, leaders, or heros, they just score goals. I played in high school and you see their type, and you live to blast them with the hardest open ice hit you can think of.

I guy I feel bad for is Malkin, clearly the best player nobody talks about.

I'd bet money that Malkin actually prefers it that way. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't want any part of the pressure that Crosby has. The people that matter know all they need to know about Malkin. He's fine.

Edited by Broken 16

I'd take Malkin over Crosby every day of the week. But, did anyone else see they guy with the epic mustache? That was like Fumanchu level greatest for a mustache....

I don't mind Crosby, I don't get why fans hate him because he gets so much attention. He has nothing to do with that. He might not care that they show him on every sports channel/article or he may hate it he has no control over it. The same fans would love it if Kovalchuk, Thornton, Datsyuk, Gaborik (if he actually played) got all the attention.

First of all Crosby and Ovechkin are both GREAT players. Yes, Crosby does whine whine quite a bit and doesn't fight in the fairest manner but it bugs the hell out of me when people say he SUCKS. I can guarantee that Crosby is a better hockey player then every single person that says he sucks. Go ahead, make signs that show him sucking on a soother (pacifer, whatever you call it) because he does whine alot but don't try to say he sucks.

I don't mind some of Ovechkin's celebrations, maybe when he scores a great goal or something but after every goal he jumps into the glass and acts like it's the game winner in the SCF. What bothers me is when he scored his 50th. He put his stick on the ice and pretended it was on fire and he was cooling it off. He signaled for his teammates to come over and do it with him but they didn't want to embarrass themselves with something so stupid and just patted him on the head. It also annoys me when he does stupid stuff like hold his glove to his ear or sit on the ice after a goal and call his teammates over to him like hes the s*** and everyone should tend to him.

And in regards to the mini-doc, about crosby just scoring rebound goals or empty netters. Crosby isn't a sniper like Ovechkin, but he's a great passer. Don't forget, Ovechkin is 2 years older then Crosby and at a young age 2 years can mean alot. Im not saying in two years Crosby will be a better player than Ovechkin or will be scoring more but just remember that.

Either way neither of them are on the Wings so no Stanley Cup for them this year. :P

Guest CaliWingsNut

"Why are you a Crosby fan?"

Because he

. Truely the sign of a mature, capable, captain figure to be promoted ad nauseam by the NHL and paid millions of dollars as a child role model. Edited by Jedi

Guest Shoreline

I guess I'm in the minority (by the article's suggestion) who thinks all this Crosby hate is ridiculous and silly. He's a superstar player, in fact, easily one of the top 5 in the NHL. While the claim that he's a whiner has merit (anyone who saw the 2008 playoffs should say the same), all of the other whinges and vitriol hurled at him are highly exaggerated and are not to be taken seriously at all.

Edited by Shoreline

When people say Crosby "sucks" they don't mean "he sucks at hockey." Last time I checked, saying someone "sucks" seeks to encompass that person entirely. And Crosby has done/said more than enough stupid things to warrant that label.

It comes down to this: a lot of people hate Crosby because he comes off as a dick - he rarely comes off as a down to earth, likeable guy. People don't like to see assholes succeed. Since Crosby is definitely successful when it comes to hockey, hes hated by a ton of hockey fans. And those fans proceed to ***** about how much hes on TV, because if you know that an ******* is succeeding, you sure as hell dont want to be reminded of it.

Because he

. Truely the sign of a mature, capable, captain figure to be promoted ad nauseam by the NHL and paid millions of dollars as a child role model.

HAHA! "....and Crosby punching the lower half"

On a more serious note, the first hit that Crosby threw was right to the back of the head of whoever he and his teammate were ganging up on. All kinds of dirty in that fight.

Because he

. Truely the sign of a mature, capable, captain figure to be promoted ad nauseam by the NHL and paid millions of dollars as a child role model.

Ya, he punched him right in the family jewels.....THAT like head shots should be eliminated, or returned in kind (We dont need Bettman getting Crosby pregnant...)

Because he

I don't know if that fight was funnier than the "Semin playing the bongos" fight.....but it was extremely comical.

I guess I'm in the minority (by the article's suggestion) who thinks all this Crosby hate is ridiculous and silly. He's a superstar player, in fact, easily one of the top 5 in the NHL. While the claim that he's a whiner has merit (anyone who saw the 2008 playoffs should say the same), all of the other whinges and vitriol hurled at him are highly exaggerated and are not to be taken seriously at all.

Easily one of the top 5?

Let's see. Ovechkin, Malkin, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Chara all have strong arguments to be ahead of Crosby. I can think of a few other players who could be placed ahead of Crosby as well, but I think I've made my point, by listing more than five players who could definitely be considered better than Crosby.

Easily one of the top 5?

Let's see. Ovechkin, Malkin, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Chara all have strong arguments to be ahead of Crosby. I can think of a few other players who could be placed ahead of Crosby as well, but I think I've made my point, by listing more than five players who could definitely be considered better than Crosby.

According to you?

Naw, Crosby is definitely one of the top 5 players in the league. Chara is a great player, but I think you are alone in thinking he is better then Crosby. Last year in the playoffs, Zetterberg made a great argument for his position in the top 5, but both he and Lidstrom have had mediocre years, especially by their standards. But I think I've made my point, by listing reasons why Crosby is a Top 5 player...?

Honestly though, thats just my two cents.

Easily one of the top 5?

Lol. This is your opinion, eva. Not a fact. You really need to learn the difference.

Lol. This is your opinion, eva. Not a fact. You really need to learn the difference.

I was simply disputing the use of "easily" in the earlier post. Easily is certainly inaccurate. He may well be top 5...but I wouldn't say he gets there easily, as there are many players who can argue for that ranking.

I was simply disputing the use of "easily" in the earlier post. Easily is certainly inaccurate. He may well be top 5...but I wouldn't say he gets there easily, as there are many players who can argue for that ranking.

Many would say easily. Many would say not easily. This is probably the case for every player you mentioned except for Zetterberg, Lidstrom and Chara who most would say not at all. But please, let's not get into it any further. This topic isn't about comparing apples and oranges which is without a doubt your favourite thing to do at LGW.

I can't stand Crosby simply because of the way he handled the All Star Game debacle, and how he rubbed it in our noses that he was there despite being genuinely injured... unlike certain other players who were just resting. I was more amused by his attention, whining and donkey punching tendancies before that.

Guest micah
i feel really sorry for Pittsburgh fans, they got Mario and Crosby for leadership,...we got Yzerman and lidstrom,...doesn't seem fair does it?

You will never find a bigger Yzerman fan than me - but if the wings could have had Mario instead, I'd be all up on that.

You will never find a bigger Yzerman fan than me - but if the wings could have had Mario instead, I'd be all up on that.

Your second statement contradicts the first. If you would have rather had Mario, then there are plenty of bigger Yzerman fans than you.

Pittsburgh can continue its love affair with Mario and Crosby. I'd rather have Yzerman than both of those players on my team. Nobody beats THE Captain

Guest micah

In a heartbeat. He played through as much pain, probably more, he scored at a much faster clip, was almost as good defensively (hell, for part of his career he was better defensively). Mario averaged abbout 1.7 points per game in both the playoffs and the reg season, Yzerman about .66 and .9 respectively. Both went without some salary for the good of the team.

Yzerman:

1988-89 NHL Lester B. Pearson Trophy

1997-98 NHL Conn Smythe Trophy

1999-00 NHL Frank J. Selke Trophy

2002-03 NHL Bill Masterton Trophy

3 Stanley Cups

1 Oly Gold Medal

1 Wrld Cup

Mario:

1984-85 NHL Calder Memorial Trophy

1985-86 NHL Lester B. Pearson Trophy

1987-88 NHL Art Ross Trophy