• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/23 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Flames 5

Rate this topic

What are the grounds for a protest, because that officiating was bad. If that last 9 mins was played with proper refs the outcome may have been different( or the same). I am up for the players deciding the game, but up to a certain point.

For me the "letting the teams play" wasn't the problem tonight (although Calgary got away with plenty), it was that one ******* pathetic whistle that swung the game 2 goals in the flames favor.

Love Ozzie but he lost the game for us tonight. I'm sure he'll bounce back, but TBH its been too many times I've said that. Defense actually played quite solid tonight and hardly gave many chances, that's defiantly a positive going into the playoffs.

Edited by Superman54

Went to the game tonight. Man, I need to move somewhere the Wings actually win :lol:

Game was alright, Ozzie gave up some softies. Datsyuk is incredible, watching him live makes you appreciate just how great he really is. Drunk Flames fans arent so bad, the "Osgood" chants whenever Conklin made a save was hilarious.

The highlight of my night (and my life) was like any Red Wings fan, I got to meet Steve Yzerman. Incredible luck, we were going down the stairs to the main floor when I look over to a man with a briefcase, I look it and it's TSN's Gord Miller, said hello he was in a rush. Then as we were going down the tunnel to grab autographs I saw a part of Stevies face and said to my dad "Thats ******* STEVE YZERMAN up ahead". Asked him for autographs, he signed my program my hat and of course, I get the sharpie he touched :D

Good night, Wings loss wasnt that bad.

Wings didn't deserve to win. They didn't play hockey there. The goals that got were busting into the zone with speed- Datsyuk, Franzen, and Hudler did that.

I'm sick of all the line changes. People wonder why the Wings have trouble- no chemistry can be formed anymore. That's one of the things that could kill the Wings' playoff hopes. You are NOT going far in the playoffs with lazy half ass throw up the boards plays, not skating out of the zone, and not entering the zone with speed.

The Wings weren't very good tonight (and I watched every single second of the game with a TV screen 18 inches in front of my place on an airplane) but let's be realistic here; if Osgood was on form tonight, it's probably 0-0 going into the third period. He's been great the last four or five games excluding tonight but he s*** the bed. It was painful for me to watch and he most certainly deserved to be pulled after that third goal.

That being said, he didn't come back out after going to the room; any news from Ken or Mick about a possible injury?

In case anybody is going to jump down my throat, I am not saying "waive Osbad!!!!!" or anything like that. He had a bad game. It happens. I just needed to vent after sitting on an airplane and unfortunately having a Flames fan taunt me as I was getting off. Damn Calgary flights.

First, I am not against Ozzie and his good late performance but his today action was just unacceptably horrible, almost house level of playing hockey in the town. What was like the 1st goal and the 2nd goal? I kind felt bad when he walked up into his locker room but Ozzie still makes me worried. I want to see how Conks play tomorrow. There is still bunch of possibility that Conks will be our starter this season as if he overplays over Ozzie.

What I am thinking right now is that I think we just better give the Sharks the number one seed right now and build the confidence on each guy, set the number one goalie, and finish the best line combo. You guys know we don't need number one seed to win the cup right?

I just sometimes cannot understand why Babs still tries to make some line changes. This is meaningless. Zetterberg should be with Datsyuk and Holmstrom. Besides, there is no need for Samuelsson to be on our top lines. What is the point of that? He even cannot control the puck well and he wonders where the puck is. Franzen, Hossa, Filppula will be good and before the playoff, call up Leino and Helm to replace players like Kopecky.

I think this game implied a lot of thing. We seriously have to play hard. What are the things about Stuart? When Lilja is back, I don't mind Stuart will be out of the line up. Ericsson, this kid is just amazing somehow in my opinion. He does not seem to make that many mistakes, play some solid games. Problem is, when Kronwall and Rafalski are being IMPROVED right now, Stuart is doing nothing. Just stand there and looks the puck goes into the net. That is a holly lazy play. I really do not care we trade him during the offseason, maybe good fit with Ohlund? (maybe my too expected imagination)

Besides, I did not realize anyone in the Wings except for Datsyuk. This guy is just incredibly talented. I don't particularly think the Flames played that well. Maybe the 4th goal was a nice passing play but those three goals were lucky and they did not have that many scoring chances.

To end, we do not have to panic. I was really disappointed at the first but let's calm down and watch. However, the bottom line is that we seriously need some changes in this team right now. Not the roster but how hard they play.

The Wings weren't very good tonight (and I watched every single second of the game with a TV screen 18 inches in front of my place on an airplane) but let's be realistic here; if Osgood was on form tonight, it's probably 0-0 going into the third period. He's been great the last four or five games excluding tonight but he s*** the bed. It was painful for me to watch and he most certainly deserved to be pulled after that third goal.

That being said, he didn't come back out after going to the room; any news from Ken or Mick about a possible injury?

In case anybody is going to jump down my throat, I am not saying "waive Osbad!!!!!" or anything like that. He had a bad game. It happens. I just needed to vent after sitting on an airplane and unfortunately having a Flames fan taunt me as I was getting off. Damn Calgary flights.

That is the part of a game. We cannot just make a magical assumption how the things would go in each period whoever our goalie was. However, no doubt Osgood was brutal, I just called him Osbad in my mind during the game. Now, 9 games are left. If Osgood plays other few more bad games, I would put Conks over Osgood.

People here somehow look to consider Osgood as the god lately because he has been good in a recent. I told the last game, Osgood was not that good, he allowed some incomprehensible goals but he still made some saves, that was a deal.

After this season, I don't know how this team's goaltending will be. I don't see why Osgood cannot be traded or waived up. Next season, we will be in a serious problem on our goaltending unless either Howard or Larsson will play awesome

Ozzie was horrible tonight. Three really soft goals.

Nobody denies that and Ozzie is the first to point the finger at himself.

What does it mean ? Not much I think.

Chris had a couple of good, solid games and now has a bad outing.

It happens. To everyone.

Ozzie will be fine, let's move on.

Ken Holland was at the game, it wouldbe nice to believe he will address the ref issue with the league this morning. I know refs miss SOME calss, but that was sooooooooo blatant and obvious that it could NOT possibly be incompetence. Get pissed Kenny, make the phone calls!!!!!

Ozzie's days are done. No excuse for his play that potentially cost us first overall. 3 Easy Goals!!!!!!!

He does not look comfortable in net at all!

Conks all the way and next season get us a new goalie!

Despite the loss, Wings deserved the "W"! Flames only won because the refs handed them the game on a silver platter...

You Mean we lost because Ozzie sucks.

Ozzie's days are done. No excuse for his play that potentially cost us first overall. 3 Easy Goals!!!!!!!

I'll be happy to see you gone once Ozzie starts playing well again...

Guest micah
I really don't expect the Wings to win any team when the refs decide the game. Clearly the refs decided last nights game... Not much Wings could do to beat the refs/Flames.

But their push and determination near the end did make me feel good, despite the refs trying to surpress the Wings into submission.

If Ozzy would have been decent, maybe we could have beat the refs... who knows. I do know this team is ready to rock n roll in the playoffs, I think they'll turn it on and boost it into overdrive to kick ass and take names.

Once this team is clicking, they are a machine. Watch out, because nobody can beat them.

LOL! The refs! The refs were trying to keep the Wings from winning!

let's be serious, conks hasnt been much better.

Look at the stats..Ozzie is like the worst in the lEague in save percentage and not much better in the GAA department..Conklin has been much better this year..get rid off Samuelsson and Osgood and keep Hossa and Franzen going forward...

let's be serious, conks hasnt been much better.

Yeah, Conks was pretty bad last game against the Flames. Look at the 1-0 goal last game.. Jokinen scored it from the corner, with no angle at all, just like 2 of the goals Ozzie let in last night. If our goalies can just learn to hold the post I'll feel much better about the Wings chances in the playoffs.

Anyway, we'll see how Conklin does today.

Guest mindfly

Neither conklin nor osgood will help this team very much in the playoffs it will be tough.. but look at it on the bright side, if wings goaltenders continue to play bad and loose easily in the 1st round i'm sure the GM will get it fixed and send off any guy just to get a solid goaltender

That is the part of a game. We cannot just make a magical assumption how the things would go in each period whoever our goalie was. However, no doubt Osgood was brutal, I just called him Osbad in my mind during the game. Now, 9 games are left. If Osgood plays other few more bad games, I would put Conks over Osgood.

People here somehow look to consider Osgood as the god lately because he has been good in a recent. I told the last game, Osgood was not that good, he allowed some incomprehensible goals but he still made some saves, that was a deal.

After this season, I don't know how this team's goaltending will be. I don't see why Osgood cannot be traded or waived up. Next season, we will be in a serious problem on our goaltending unless either Howard or Larsson will play awesome

Ozzie this year in general is having a terrible season..his save percentage is like the worst in the NHL and his GAA is not much better(forget the last 5 games before last night..look at the whole season)..it's NOT going to get better in the playoffs..keep CONKS in and get him hot for the playoffs....

Amen brother !

Let's put Larsson or McCollum in there next year !