• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/23 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Flames 5

Rate this topic

Ozzie had a very bad outing, maybe his worst ever. This is not good news for his confidence going into the playoffs. He was looking at the bench after the second goal almost begging to be pulled.

With Ken Holland set to meets Hossa's agent in Edmonton does the state of Detroit's goaltending make it hard to fill all cap space with forwards? I am guessing that if Kenny is up in the air about signing another player long term that this dosen't make it any easier.

I am not bashing Ozzie, they were all bad goals, but how can you compete with a team when thy are allowed to hold, impede and trip you all over the place with no ramifications? Keenan got his word across to the refs and Bettman was listening (especially since it was Detroit he was screwin!) It was blatently obvious that the refs didnt have a whistle when it came to the Wings gettting mauled, PLUS so many quick whistles when their goalie didnt even have the puck! Two goals disallowed because of two quick whistles! Whatever the case, the intent to blow, or lost sight of the puck, there was certainly alot of losing sight of the puck last night and alot of infractions NOT called against Calgary. Even with all the adversity the Wings still made a game of it and that has got to piss Bettman off to no end! I dont get it NHL, why do you hate the team owned by the BEST owner in your league, possibly in all sports? MIke Ilitch has done so much for the NHL, if it weren't for them, the Western Conference would be WHL caliber and they would have lost a lot of teams in the 90's and early 00's!

Ozzie and officiating aside they didn't do the work neccessary to win for the majority of this game. Lots of guys coasting and standing around.

Very schizophrenic season, agree with others about the lines. I can understand why Babcock wants to split Z and Pav but dude you've tried it and it doesn't work, as far as I'm concerned they should bolt those two together.

I've never been a huge Sammy fan but for F**ks sake can the dude not rip every shot into the goalies chest, I will never understand why Babcock has such a hard on for the guy.

Ozzie's days are done. No excuse for his play that potentially cost us first overall. 3 Easy Goals!!!!!!!

He does not look comfortable in net at all!

Conks all the way and next season get us a new goalie!

Trying my best to Ignore all the exclamation points, I suggest to you that Conklin's goal didn't look a helluva lot better. I also suggest that in spite of the horrific reffing, if the Wings had played as hard in the first two periods as they did in the second half of the third, there would have been no question about who got the win.

Whether the whole team had an off night or not that's debatable. One thing is not , we will be heading into the playoffs with mediocre goaltending which has been the case all year. My expectations are zilch that way my blood pressure stays down. Imagine the starter for the playoffs remains up in the air. Don't hold your breath!

Trying my best to Ignore all the exclamation points, I suggest to you that Conklin's goal didn't look a helluva lot better. I also suggest that in spite of the horrific reffing, if the Wings had played as hard in the first two periods as they did in the second half of the third, there would have been no question about who got the win.

Who cares who is worst looking the whole goaltending situation in Detroit has become a joke. A team this talented to have such inept response beteen the pipes is ridiculous ; but so be it.

Ozzie and officiating aside they didn't do the work neccessary to win for the majority of this game. Lots of guys coasting and standing around.

Very schizophrenic season, agree with others about the lines. I can understand why Babcock wants to split Z and Pav but dude you've tried it and it doesn't work, as far as I'm concerned they should bolt those two together.

I've never been a huge Sammy fan but for F**ks sake can the dude not rip every shot into the goalies chest, I will never understand why Babcock has such a hard on for the guy.

I couldn't agree more! Especially on keeping Hank and Pav together. I understand Babs wants to generate more offense, but come on if it ain't broken don't try to fix it! Sammy drives me nuts too! We all know you can hit the logo on the goaltenders chest! Stop taking wimpy shots!

Guest Shoreline
Take away the 3 bad goals that Ozzie gave up and the Wing win. The loss had nothing to do with being physical. But don't let the facts influence your opinion...

I have to agree. Ozzie gave up a few bad goals, and the Wings didn't capitalize on their early opportunities, which includes breakaways and a power play. Ozzie made some great saves early, but since he's human and all, he will make mistakes and have bad games. I just don't like the timing of this loss since it took the wind out of the Wings sails for attaining the #1 seed.

Edited by vladdy16

Take away the 3 bad goals that Ozzie gave up and the Wing win. The loss had nothing to do with being physical. But don't let the facts influence your opinion...

So the Flames hard forechecking had nothing to do with all of their scoring chances? Our D weren't looking over their shoulders all night trying to avoid big hits and forcing bad passes? I must've been watching a different game then.

esteef

Even I must say...the reffing was pretty atrocious. At least you guys have a chance to rebound right away against the Oil. I bet the wings players are pissed and will be looking to make a statement against Edmonton.

I must've been watching a different game then.

esteef

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you were. My guess would be NJ/Philly.

Anyway, did anyone else notice that at least 4 players from each team fell down on the left side of the ice? Dats himself fell down 3 times. What the hell?

Also, I agree with the others, the reffing was just terrible. I was thinking that halfway through the game, glad to see others saw it as well. I usually don't complain about reffing, but when we really needed a power play (especially after a "intent to blow" no-goal), when there's an obvious trip, CALL IT!

Intent to blow, no you refs really do blow.

Lastly, after the game Babcock said "We don't need him to be first star, we just need him to be regular and he's very capable of doing that."

Although I agree with him, Ozzy needs to prove very soon that he is still capable of doing that. He says that games before the playoffs don't matter but anyone who has ever played sports knows that you want to go into the playoffs on a hot streak.

Potty mouth! So the Flames hard forechecking had nothing to do with all of their scoring chances?

we had more scoring chances than the flames. bottom line, oz buried us in a three goal deficit that was made insurmountable by the reffing. otherwise, the wings didn't play a bad game and certainly didn't play a worse game than calgary. any other starter, and probably most any backup goalie in the league would have won us the game last night. just a terrible showing by osgood. makes me nervous, just when i was getting some confidence back about his play, too...

we had more scoring chances than the flames. bottom line, oz buried us in a three goal deficit that was made insurmountable by the reffing. otherwise, the wings didn't play a bad game and certainly didn't play a worse game than calgary. any other starter, and probably most any backup goalie in the league would have won us the game last night. just a terrible showing by osgood. makes me nervous, just when i was getting some confidence back about his play, too...

I think our offenses and defenses woke up too late. However, it is not just because Osbad allowed so many soft goals, which means to be behind of the score. However, it also just kills our whole momentum and situation. How the f*** guys want to play in front of that horrible goalies?

The thing is Osbad is just repeating himself and on the media he is fine. How the hell he is fine? He had some good games lately but he has to show us a CONSISTENCY. Not just put his own glove into his own net and cannot use the glove to make a save, or in a bad way to say just burying the puck into his own back.

If we suppose those three goals would not go in, the Flames did not have scoring chances. Maybe few more but we did not play bad.

Osbad is just killing the atmosphere of this team right now. He does not look responsible for allowing goals. Maybe I just sometimes think last year's his good performance was the fire on the candle before storm is coming. Now, the fire is gone.