• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Which NHL player are you?

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Ok, so if there's an NHL player out there who most closely resembles what you think you might look like as an NHL player (that is if God were nice enough to bestow upon us that great honor), who would you be?

Rules: You cannot ignore vital statistics. Height and Weight must be similar to what you currently are or where during your more athletically inclined days (think ages 18-30). Keep in mind playing style, skill sets and overall skill level. It doesn't have to be a direct comparison of stats to this year. For instance you could pick somebody who has been in the league forever if their attributes and style match yours. If we can get enough people to respond, then we'll make up a fantasy LGW team when we're all done. (I can't wait to see how many Ovechkins we get. :) )

I will be happy to start off

GS&T = Keith Ballard

UPDATED ROSTER

13 Forwards, 7 D, 2 goalies

Forward

toby91_ca = Steve Yzerman

j.hoop = Marian Hossa

Echolalia = Ron Francis

StlWing14 = Brendan Shanahan

redwingfan19 = Mike Richards

arnoldbuck = Alexei Yashin

I Red Wings I = Henrik Sedin

OsGOD = Rick Nash

Shoreline = Mark Recchi

Inultus = Tomas Holmstrom

Decoy Jones = Dan Cleary

po=GoWings = Ryan Callahan

Swayze = Theo Fleury

dat's sick = Valterri Filpulla

casey = Steve Thomas

XxGoWingsxX = Keith Primeau

Dimaline312000 = Chris Neil

RedStormRising = Kirk Maltby

esteef = Darren Helm

T.Low = Dallas Drake

UK_redwing = Jared Boll

GROwl = Aaron Downey

mindfly = Derek Boogaard :showoff:

micah = PJ Stock

Defense

ManLuv4Clears = Dion Phaneuf

SeeinRed = Kevin Bieksa

F.Michael = Mike Komisarek

eva unit zero = Mark Howe

elriqo28 = Slava Fetisov

GS&T = Keith Ballard

Carman = Matt Greene

Goal

Booster313 = Dominik Hasek

russiansweded9192 = Marty Turco

Slave = Chris Osgood

hardcoretom21 = Jeff Hackett

lets go pavel = Josh Tordjman

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Well I'm more of a playmaker than a goalscorer; I have a tendency to look for the pass first, and shoot as a last resort (although I've been trying to break that habit). I'm tall, but lanky, so my size is useless. I'm very defense-oriented (played 1st line pk in every team I played for in my organized league days), and as such, I always end up filling in for a pinching defensman. I'm fast, but not Draper-in-his-prime fast, but probably in the top 20% of my peers. I'm decent at stick handling, but no Datsyuk by any means. Overall I think my two greatest strengths were defensive play and finding the open man, or setting up someone for a good shot on goal.

I don't really know who I would be.

By the way this is a great idea.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Well I'm more of a playmaker than a goalscorer; I have a tendency to look for the pass first, and shoot as a last resort (although I've been trying to break that habit). I'm tall, but lanky, so my size is useless. I'm very defense-oriented (played 1st line pk in every team I played for in my organized league days), and as such, I always end up filling in for a pinching defensman. I'm fast, but not Draper-in-his-prime fast, but probably in the top 20% of my peers. I'm decent at stick handling, but no Datsyuk by any means. Overall I think my two greatest strengths were defensive play and finding the open man, or setting up someone for a good shot on goal.

I don't really know who I would be.

By the way this is a great idea.

C'mon Echo, just throw something out there. Otherwise I'm going to dub you as Kopecky and pencil you into the 13th forward spot. :yowza:

Guest GordieSid&Ted
A mix between Jeff Hackett and Hasek, I've been told!

Ughhh.....LOL.

Either you pick or I pick for you harcore! Right now i'm leaning toward Hackett. :hehe:

Tomas Holmstrom.

The guy who taught me to play told me to use my size to my advantage (6' 220lbs.) and so because I'm not a great skater or puckhandler I crash the net, look for rebounds and deflections. Must be working because I score fairly regularly.

Even the guys on the last team said I was the Holmstrom of the team even though I'd never told them that is who I emulate. I shoot right though, even though I'm left-handed, so that is one instance where we are different.

Edited by Inultus

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Chris Neil

Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah!

Thas what i'm talking about. Now I hope you can back that up. If so, i've got a spot for you on the 2nd power play unit. :)

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Derek Boogaard minus a few inches :beerbuddy:

uh oh fly, that won't work. You gotta be at least 6-6 and at least 255 lbs to qualify for Boogey status. Pick somebody smaller. Although have to tell ya, we already got Chris Neil on the roster so you might end up in the press box.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Tomas Holmstrom.

The guy who taught me to play told me to use my size to my advantage (6' 220lbs.) and so because I'm not a great skater or puckhandler I crash the net, look for rebounds and deflections. Must be working because I score fairly regularly.

Even the guys on the last team said I was the Holmstrom of the team even though I'd never told them that is who I emulate. I shoot right though, even though I'm left-handed, so that is one instance where we are different.

Yes! A top 6 forward. Now we're shaping up.

C'mon Echo, just throw something out there. Otherwise I'm going to dub you as Kopecky and pencil you into the 13th forward spot. :yowza:

Kopecky was my first thought when I read his description.

This sounds like a thread that I can't wait to read. Sorry I can't participate. When Dad went to sign me up for hockey, girls couldn't play and I ended up in figure skating for a few years. I always wanted to be a goalie, but never played. Just looking at me, I resemble Gump Worsley. :D

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Kopecky was my first thought when I read his description.

This sounds like a thread that I can't wait to read. Sorry I can't participate. When Dad went to sign me up for hockey, girls couldn't play and I ended up in figure skating for a few years. I always wanted to be a goalie, but never played. Just looking at me, I resemble Gump Worsley. :D

Well if it comes down to it we'll pencil you in as Manon Rheaume and put ya' in the minors for a bit. :)

I'm going to have go with Neon Dion as much as I hate the Wings playing against him. I emulate his style and am about his size as I'm 6'2", 215lbs and play defense. Plus, I've got the swagger:

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I'm going to have go with Neon Dion as much as I hate the Wings playing against him. I emulate his style and am about his size as I'm 6'2", 215lbs and play defense. Plus, I've got the swagger:

Thank God for some talent on the blueline. Nobody wants to see GS&T on a top pairing.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
well when i look back on my playing days and the way I played, i'd have to go Mike Richards (minus the visor) :cool:

Ryan Calahan and Mike Richards! Now we're talking. PK units starting to take shape here now.

I will take Alexei Yashin. I would love to say Jagr, but I'm not quite that good. But as for Yashin, well, I have a world of talent, but ... I seldom show up to my capability and only under my conditions. So, if you generous, Jagr, if not so much, Yashin.

Edited by arnoldbuck

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Jeff Hackett wouldn't have been my first choice, but by the looks of it I might be pushed to 3rd string goalie lol!!!

haha! hey, if you think you had the chops, tell me to change it to Hasek, or find an in between. You sort of had the full spectrum there with Hackett on the lower side and maybe one of the top 3 netminders of all time on the other. :)