• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jvxp

Where has Aaron Downey been?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if Aaron Downey is hurt or just a healthy scratch????

I've always scanned the box scores for stats on different players and I've noticed that Aaron Downey has been missing for sometime now. Any news on him would be helpful. Thanks in advance!!

Aaron has been out for the past four games with a knee injury. I heard that he should be ready to play this weekend.

Thanks for the info. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I know you don't want anyone hurt but I was hoping it was that and not just scratching him. I like when he is in the lineup weather it be with the Wings or Griffins.

Aaron has been out for the past four games with a knee injury. I heard that he should be ready to play this weekend.

Yep. The hope is that he will be able to fly out to meet the team in Norfolk or Philadelphia.

Griffins playoffs will begin about a week after the NHL's playoffs begin, they will most likely have home ice in the first round, probably against Hamilton

It's a best of 7, for four rounds, just like the NHL playoffs.

The only difference in the playoff setup is that the NHL playoffs are by conference. The top 8 teams in the conference make the playoffs, In the AHL the top four teams in each division make the playoffs. There is one crossover rule which is in the Griffins division. Because the west division has one more team than the north division, if the 5 place team in the west has more point than the fourth place team in the north, the west team will knock out the north team.

I would guess that games 1 and 2 will be Friday and Saturday April 17th and 18th. But I've been wrong before.

I would guess that games 1 and 2 will be Friday and Saturday April 17th and 18th. But I've been wrong before.

That should be about right. The last AHL regular season games are on Sunday, April 12 (though the Griffins finish up in Peoria the night before). Attendance isn't usually good for the first few rounds when they start the series on week nights. Therefore best guess is that most of the first round games will start on Friday the 17th.

Thank you all for the information! That was very helpful! I have been to a few games this year ( and have tickets to the 4/10 game) and would love to go back for the playoffs! By the way, I may have one ticket available for the 4/10 games. My friend is unable to go and I cannot seem to talk anyone else into going with me! The seats are great Row B in Section 109. If anyone is intrested. It is only one ticket, I am still planning on going even if I by myself!

What is the lastest on Aaron? I thought he was going to play this weekend and I heard that he didn't make the trip.

Nope, I dont' believe he ended up flying out to meet up with the team this past weekend. Still listed as day-to-day.

The Griffins flew home today and don't get on the bus again until Thursday, so this will give Aaron a few more days rest or to practice before the 3 in 3 next weekend. I'm hoping that Jamie Tardif might be ready to play next weekend also to get in a few games before playoffs - but I haven't heard any updates on Jamie.

Don't get too used to Downey, Leino and Abdelkader, GR. The playoffs are coming for the big club. ;)

I feel their impending pain- the Mud Hens get gutted by the Tigers nearly every year, especially back in '06.

Because of the cap, there arnt gonna be many call-ups for the playoffs. Expect GR to be pretty strong going into the postseason.

The cap goes away when the playoffs start.

You're correct about the cap and the 23-man roster limit going away for post season play.

However, its unlikely the Wings will gut the Griffins if or until the Griffins themselves are out of the playoffs. Detroit may take a few if they intend on playing them. But they want the young boys to get the valuable playoff experience too. And they can't very get that if they are sitting in the press box or the family waiting room at The Joe watching the game on tv. The Wings are a team that has always been very pro-veteran. You can bet that Maltby/Draper/Chelios, etc. will get ice time during the playoffs unless they are injured or demonstrate that they aren't getting the job done.

Same thing for DMac and Downey too. If the Griffins are to go deep into the playoffs, they need veteran leadership from DMac, Downey, Stafford and Haydar. It only benefits Detroit in the long run to keep those guys in GR during playoffs if the alternative is to sit them. GR is only a 2 1/2 hour drive to Detroit and the Wings can call them up when needed without having them waste away idle on the bench.

You're correct about the cap and the 23-man roster limit going away for post season play.

However, its unlikely the Wings will gut the Griffins if or until the Griffins themselves are out of the playoffs. Detroit may take a few if they intend on playing them. But they want the young boys to get the valuable playoff experience too. And they can't very get that if they are sitting in the press box or the family waiting room at The Joe watching the game on tv. The Wings are a team that has always been very pro-veteran. You can bet that Maltby/Draper/Chelios, etc. will get ice time during the playoffs unless they are injured or demonstrate that they aren't getting the job done.

Same thing for DMac and Downey too. If the Griffins are to go deep into the playoffs, they need veteran leadership from DMac, Downey, Stafford and Haydar. It only benefits Detroit in the long run to keep those guys in GR during playoffs if the alternative is to sit them. GR is only a 2 1/2 hour drive to Detroit and the Wings can call them up when needed without having them waste away idle on the bench.

Well said! :thumbup:

Also love the Owls logo!

You have good taste in men UK_Redwing! Downey is even more sexier in person! :rolleyes:

Damn all you people getting to meet the D-Man :( Ive only spoken to him when he had a website for a brief time...he called me "brother!"... :ph34r:

I wouldnt be surpised if hes still out. Downs aint as young as he used to be...still damn sexy though ;)

He's back into tonight's lineup! In the coach's interview before the game, Fraser said that he might need a tranquilizer gun for Downey...Downey was so lively in practice this morning. He's had a couple of good hits already in the game.

Ritola is also back; 1-2 weeks ahead of the prediction. Ville Leino is expected to play in tomorrow night's game.

Tardif skated yesterday for the first time, but isn't expected to play this weekend.

Between these four being back and the 4 boys from the juniors, Fraser said that the ice was filled with energy compared to the last few weeks.

Time to capture home ice advantage for the 1st round! :thumbup: