• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Filppula

Rate this topic

North americans in a nutshell, just looking at stats, the point is that there are already players like him on the team and he's the only one with a fairly high caphit that is move-able... this team needs to get a better goalie and/or defenseman for the future...

A "better" goalie is going to cost far more than Fil's three million.

Guest mindfly
A "better" goalie is going to cost far more than Fil's three million.

Word of the day: Package deal ;)

Actually, that's not why I made this thread, thanks.

I made this thread to show appreciation to Filppula and how he played versus the Islanders, not to prove anyone wrong.

Don't be such a damned jerk, god forbid someone actually has something nice to say about a Red Wings player here.

Did you actually read any of the other posts other than your own in this thread? Regardless of your original intention, there are various people who did exactly what I said they were doing. Thanks for the name calling too, that helps your credibility.

Guest Four
Did you actually read any of the other posts other than your own in this thread? Regardless of your original intention, there are various people who did exactly what I said they were doing. Thanks for the name calling too, that helps your credibility.

"Well, no one made a thread about "Dats, Zetter, Franz, Hudler or Hossa" saying OMG haters are wrong look what they did! either."

No, you said I was doing it. I created the thread, not them.

And I'm sorry, but what credibility do you speak of? I made a personal statement about an opinion; one which you don't even have to agree on. I don't remember when someone's piece of mind needed to be "trustworthy" or "believable" and how calling you a jerk, which you being, reflects my opinion on my original post.

So next time, instead of pointing fingers at the wrong people and then make it seem like it's their fault that you mistyped, maybe you could just apologize and skip the juvenile behavior. Unless, of course, you did for some reason wish to single me out.

Edited by Four

"Well, no one made a thread about "Dats, Zetter, Franz, Hudler or Hossa" saying OMG haters are wrong look what they did! either."

No, you said I was doing it. I created the thread, not them.

And I'm sorry, but what credibility do you speak of? I made a personal statement about an opinion; one which you don't even have to agree on. I don't remember when someone's piece of mind needed to be "trustworthy" or "believable" and how calling you a jerk, which you being, reflects my opinion on my original post.

So next time, instead of pointing fingers at the wrong people and then make it seem like it's their fault that you mistyped, maybe you could just apologize and skip the juvenile behavior. Unless, of course, you did for some reason wish to single me out.

I don't know what "juvenile" behavior you're speaking of, but you seem to be turning nothing into something here. I was responding to another poster in the thread who had in turn responded to my original post before that. No one was talking about you or to you. You made the thread with your original purpose in mind, other people posted their opinions which immediately amounted to "Filppula is GREAT! haters don't know s***". My original point was valid, at least wait until the guy actually puts up a couple points in a game before citing a game we were shut out in as an example of his stellar play to the "haters" (which I am not one of, aside from stating that in my opinion his contract is too high and his play style is the softest on the team).

Guest Four
I don't know what "juvenile" behavior you're speaking of, but you seem to be turning nothing into something here. I was responding to another poster in the thread who had in turn responded to my original post before that. No one was talking about you or to you. You made the thread with your original purpose in mind, other people posted their opinions which immediately amounted to "Filppula is GREAT! haters don't know s***". My original point was valid, at least wait until the guy actually puts up a couple points in a game before citing a game we were shut out in as an example of his stellar play to the "haters" (which I am not one of, aside from stating that in my opinion his contract is too high and his play style is the softest on the team).

Alright, I just felt I was being accused of causing the controversy that the other posters decided to resort to is all.

Sorry I got annoyed about it.

Alright, I just felt I was being accused of causing the controversy that the other posters decided to resort to is all.

Sorry I got annoyed about it.

It's cool no worries, in the original spirit of the thread Filppula did make a great play :thumbup:

Wow... most of this thread seems to be a discussion about Flip's salary. WHO GIVES A f***!?! It's the playoffs people. Salaries mean nothing. The roster is set. It is what it is. The team looked great last night. Flip played excellent. Who cares wether or not his play is worth 3 million? Man... no end to what some of you people will ***** about.

I agree Filppula played excellent last night, and has looked much better recently. Hopefully he helps us win another Cup, in which case he will bring back better picks/players in a trade to allow us to keep Hossa...

***ing Salary Cap :angry:

Our next Franzen?? Filppula is nothing like Franzen...I hope you mean that comment in the context of a player who suddenly becomes a reliable scorer. If you want another Franzen-type player, Kopecky is the most likely to turn into that. Filppula is more like Zetterberg than anyone else of our top six, and Hudler is very similar to Datsyuk.

I can't believe you called out the poster you responded to for making a bad analogy, and then you compared Kopecky to Franzen, Hudler to Datsyuk and Flip to Hank. :lol: Where's the comparison?

Franzen in his 2nd full season was a much better player than Kopecky has been this year. I don't think anyone envisioned Franzen becoming as good as he is now, but he did at least show gradual improvement. Kopecky hasn't shown me much of anything, other than being a better fighter than Franzen.

I can't believe you called out the poster you responded to for making a bad analogy, and then you compared Kopecky to Franzen, Hudler to Datsyuk and Flip to Hank. :lol: Where's the comparison?

Franzen in his 2nd full season was a much better player than Kopecky has been this year. I don't think anyone envisioned Franzen becoming as good as he is now, but he did at least show gradual improvement. Kopecky hasn't shown me much of anything, other than being a better fighter than Franzen.

I think hypothetically Kopecky could be the next Franzen because he is big and could be strong like Franzen if he puts on muscle, whereas Hudler is shifty and of smaller build like Datsyuk, I dont exactly agree with the Filp/Zetterberg one though.