• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Filppula

Rate this topic

My problem w/ Val isn't really with him personally, it is with his contract. I just don't see him being worth the $3M cap hit. Hopefully he will be worth it next season, but to be honest, I don't see that either. I think that it is great that he seems to be finding a hot streak. He is shooting the puck more and playing with confidence. What needs to happen is for this to not just be a hot streak. He needs to have the confidence no matter what. Wouldn't it be great if you put Sammy's willingness to shoot into Val's head.

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

Guest Shoreline
Really? Damn. And here I thought we could scratch a panel to reveal who Filppula is! Thanks for setting me straight! Now go! You have many minds to change- too many people are fooled into making fruitless comparative analysis of a developing athlete's talent using their similarities in play with other established athletes! Little to those poor bastards know that these thought exercises aren't going to affect the final development of the player... Quick! Surely the word "analogous" is a crime against nature! Imagination and discussion are the tools of the devil!

God speed Black-and-White-man!

I doubt he was drafted or brought up from GR because he's like Datsyuk or Zetterberg. If you can't analyze someone for their own individual talents I can't say much other than, sucks for you.

I doubt he was drafted or brought up from GR because he's like Datsyuk or Zetterberg. If you can't analyze someone for their own individual talents I can't say much other than, sucks for you.

Sports talk and reporting has been comparison for as long as I can remember. Who will be the next Michael Jordan. Lou Gehrig's unbreakable record; was Cal as good since he played more games played in a season? Who will fill Gretzky's shoes? Comparisons are just the norm when sports fans talk about players with other sports fans.

Guest Shoreline
Sports talk and reporting has been comparison for as long as I can remember. Who will be the next Michael Jordan. Lou Gehrig's unbreakable record; was Cal as good since he played more games played in a season? Who will fill Gretzky's shoes? Comparisons are just the norm when sports fans talk about players with other sports fans.

So how many Gretzky's or Datsyuk's did the NHL ever come up with? If only people realized the comparisons to Gretzky that Crosby got was a marketing tool, not an actual individual talent analysis. Can't expect geniuses like Drake to figure that out though.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest MrSandMan
You guys do realize he didn't score last night right? these threads appear amazingly fast, you could have at least waited until after a game where we didn't get shut out to call people out ;)

Disclaimer: I still like Filppula, although I think he's incredibly soft (Hudler is more physical) and 3.5 million was too much money.

Dats, Zetter, Franz, Hudler or Hossa didn't score last night either. Are we paying too much for all those guys?

Come on now Drake. You should know by now that thoughts, comparisons, different opinions, fun and humour are not allowed in this discussion board. If what your saying isn't exactly like what Shoreline would say then why say it at all? People aren't allowed to join here to discuss what they want, they come hear to say the same thing as everyone else and to make sure they have their own silly thoughts washed from the brain and replaced by the collective thoughts of the LGW mind.

I'm still resisting the blue pill and I still have silly thoughts that Fullapoolah still plays like a 3 million dollar ringette player and show us his NHL talent far too few times in a season. After all it is his 3rd full season and he should be stabilziing by now. And I do not by the fact the its because he is on the 3rd line. Yes, 3rd line gets less minutes but if a player is ready (see Leino), eager and his skills are sharp he will make the best of every second he is on the ice and right now I'm not happy with Valery yet. He is sitting on some valuable money that could be used to keep or sign some more productive players. ****wait *****something is happening ****valteri is worth every penny and is only playing like a s***tier, less consistent version of a future valteri ****** and Osgoods second goal ****** was the defenses fault . I see it all so rosy red and clearly now. You know what... I think I feel the need to officially change my name to Homer now? Wierd.

Quoted for truth :D.

So how many Gretzky's or Datsyuk's did the NHL ever come up with? If only people realized the comparisons to Gretzky that Crosby got was a marketing tool, not an actual individual talent analysis. Can't expect geniuses like Drake to figure that out though.

:lol: It's all just wizzing over your head. Keep thrashing about Shoreline- at least you're entertaining us.

Guest Shoreline
:lol: It's all just wizzing over your head. Keep thrashing about Shoreline- at least you're entertaining us.

Oh, right, in Drake's brilliant mind, all the media squirming over Crosby being like Gretzky must have been a direct talent analysis, right? Jesus you're an idiot. Oh, and what's this, boorish loudmouthed blather? Oh, lookie there, a hypocrite.

Edited by Shoreline

Trade, 3.5M not worth it, and won't be worth it in a couple of years either... chances are extremely low that he will be "the next finnish superstar"

Firstly, it's 3m, not 3.5m.. second, he's tied for 4th for even strength scoring (with Franzen), those ahead of him being Dats, Hossa, and Z (who is only 2 points ahead of Flip and Franzen in that regard). Third, he's significantly younger than any of those players, and also happens to have the highest +/- among our forwards after those same 4 players--which is probably why he's also 5th behind them in ice time.

So, yea...

Oh, right, in Drake's brilliant mind, all the media squirming over Crosby being like Gretzky must have been a direct talent analysis, right? Jesus you're an idiot. Oh, and what's this, boorish loudmouthed blather? Oh, lookie there, a hypocrite.

You are taking the fast track from argumentative to dick. Take it back a notch and accept the fact that people are going to differ in points of view.

Firstly, it's 3m, not 3.5m.. second, he's tied for 4th for even strength scoring (with Franzen), those ahead of him being Dats, Hossa, and Z (who is only 2 points ahead of Flip and Franzen in that regard). Third, he's significantly younger than any of those players, and also happens to have the highest +/- among our forwards after those same 4 players--which is probably why he's also 5th behind them in ice time.

So, yea...

Oh please, no more even strength points vs. total points. I seem to remember pages and pages of ranting and raving about this in the not to distant past!

Guest Shoreline
You are taking the fast track from argumentative to dick. Take it back a notch and accept the fact that people are going to differ in points of view.

You might want to go back a few posts and look at who has trouble accepting who's opinions. If you can't read, it isn't my fault.

You might want to go back a few posts and look at who has trouble accepting who's opinions. If you can't read, it isn't my fault.

I just call 'em like I see 'em when I am reading the posts.

Guest Shoreline
I just call 'em like I see 'em when I am reading the posts.

Then you're obviously not reading.

Guest mindfly

So, yea...

North americans in a nutshell, just looking at stats, the point is that there are already players like him on the team and he's the only one with a fairly high caphit that is move-able... this team needs to get a better goalie and/or defenseman for the future...

Edited by mindfly

Trade, 3.5M not worth it, and won't be worth it in a couple of years either... chances are extremely low that he will be "the next finnish superstar"

You may be right here but for arguments sake, look at Datsyuk when he was flip's age...I would have never really guessed what he'd become then. I think Flip will turn out to be what we all hope he is eventually...in time.

Guest Shoreline
You may be right here but for arguments sake, look at Datsyuk when he was flip's age...I would have never really guessed what he'd become then. I think Flip will turn out to be what we all hope he is eventually...in time.

I wouldn't call mindfly right, the same mindfly who predicted the Wings would lose readily in the Blackhawks back to backs around New Years, and predicted the Wings would lose Game 6 and likely the Stanley Cup afterwards to Pittsburgh.

Edited by Shoreline

Dats, Zetter, Franz, Hudler or Hossa didn't score last night either. Are we paying too much for all those guys?

Well, no one made a thread about "Dats, Zetter, Franz, Hudler or Hossa" saying OMG haters are wrong look what they did! either.

Guest Shoreline
Well, no one made a thread about "Dats, Zetter, Franz, Hudler or Hossa" saying OMG haters are wrong look what they did! either.

Not to mention all the mistakes Lids made last game, and I didn't hear anyone else whining about how he's overpaid and can't accomplish anything. Simply put, bandwagoners don't get that players are not 100% consistent, not robots, and are allowed to have bad games. s*** happens. If this team loses out in the playoffs, then there needs to be an addressing of individuals and how they contribute. Right now it's clear the entire team is trying to coast through the rest of the regular season and assumed that the Isles would lie down for them -- which they did not.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Four

Actually, that's not why I made this thread, thanks.

I made this thread to show appreciation to Filppula and how he played versus the Islanders, not to prove anyone wrong.

Don't be such a damned jerk, god forbid someone actually has something nice to say about a Red Wings player here.

So, yea...

Or maybe he ranks where he does in +/- because he gets so much ice time? Your post suggests that he gets as much ice time as he does because of his +/-...how do you know it doesn't work the other way?

I don't have any problems with his contract at all. If we traded him you'll see what'll happen. The Wings won't have a great passer on the second or third line, considering Babcock always messes with the lines, OR he's most likely to breakout someone else.

I don't have any problems with his contract at all. If we traded him you'll see what'll happen. The Wings won't have a great passer on the second or third line, considering Babcock always messes with the lines, OR he's most likely to breakout someone else.

Hudler would be on the second (or third) line...he's the second best passer on the team, ahead of Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and Rafalski even.