• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

3/30 GDT: San Jose at Calgary

Rate this topic

I do think the wings chances of wining on the road in a series against the sharks are a lot higher than the sharks winning at the Joe.

I would agree with that. #1 seed means a lot more to the Sharks then it does the wings.

Like I said in the GDT from Sunday's game; let the Sharks take the #1 seed and let whomever gets the 8th seed deal with them. If they give us fits, I can't imagine they'll roll over and die for San Jose. Maybe they'll do us a favor and knock them out to make our lives easier.

Guest Shoreline
Hey the same was said of the wings in the 90's when they were retooling to become champions again. Hell the expansion sharks even knocked em out...go figure.

I will agree that the West is a crap shoot in all reality. There are probably 4-5 teams in the Western Conf that could go all the way, but to say the Sharks will never win, because they haven't won is...naive.

Who says the Sharks will never win? Sounds like you made this up all on your own to me. I've said I'll take the Sharks seriously, and especially the statements of "this year is different!" when they actually do something like win the cup. The very same issue happened with the Wings pre-'97 cup, as you mentioned. People were saying this is the year, and until then the best in decades was a SCF loss/sweep. However, the Wings proved people wrong. Done and done. The same decade, people also said similar things about the Blues when they were kicking ass. The Blues have nothing to show for all their hype other than a few funny cartoons making fun of their drought. The Sharks are winning in the season, which means nothing in the playoffs except the fact that you made it in. Now, usually one should pat their team on the back when they accomplish something new, but the Sharks having winning seasons is now nothing new. The Sharks actually making something of their postseason is what would be new. I'm not going to take them seriously in the playoffs until they can accomplish something besides their fans telling me this season is different. Sorry, I'm just not gullible, nor am I a blind Sharks optimist. They are entertaining and they have some promise, but it means nothing if they don't make anything of it.

The Sharks will need some big things to happen if they don't get over this rash of injuries. They can't go all the way without Marleau, who is currently out injured. No Marleau = no Cup. I'm fairly pleased with how they've been doing, but they can't win 16 playoff games in their current state. Injuries are a HUGE factor in the playoffs, and the Sharks are hurt right now. If they can't get healthy, they can kiss another season goodbye.

Hmmthesharks, Ratbastrd and Thesupafly.....Y'all are knowledgeable fans of a formidable opponent. Classy replies to some snotty digs = always welcome here in my book. Like any other fansite, we have some teenaged (no matter how old they are) homers here that will abuse opponent's fans no matter how well they behave. I would apologize for them, but I don't think you require that.

To write the Sharks off, rash of injuries included, is dangerous. It can be said that the Sharks have won in the regular season before with no playoff results, yada, yada, yada..... This team is different. They have a lot of heart. I don't write them off at all. Kudos to the Sharks and their fans for a great season. I hope you crash and burn in the playoffs, but not till you play the Almighty Wings With (beachball) Ozzie in net! lol.

Seriously, I think the Wings will meet the Sharks in the WCF. My homerism says that the Wings will win in 6. Time will tell though. Good luck to you and your team and I hope that fans here are not an embarrassment. Oh, and by the way, y'all suck.

I would apologize for them, but I don't think you require that.

No apologies, this is all good humored. I do hope the teams meet in WCF, the "good humor" will be especially rich I am sure.

Sharks in 7 (one for the ages).

No apologies, this is all good humored. I do hope the teams meet in WCF, the "good humor" will be especially rich I am sure.

Sharks in 7 (one for the ages).

We'll see. The sharks record on the road this year is

19-12-7

I see that as their biggest weakness. Their record at the Joe is 0-2 and they were outscored 10-1 in those 2 games.

It would be an awesome series though!

We'll see. The sharks record on the road this year is

19-12-7

I see that as their biggest weakness. Their record at the Joe is 0-2 and they were outscored 10-1 in those 2 games.

It would be an awesome series though!

They wouldn't have to win on the road now. The Wings are 0-2 at the Shark Tank.

They wouldn't have to win on the road now. The Wings are 0-2 at the Shark Tank.

are you implying that blowing the President's Trophy and home ice might be a disadvantage to the Wings?

:hehe:

They should have thought about that sooner. <_<

Some comments I read are meaningless. Because both the Wings and the Sharks are not even sure to make to the WCF. Like I said, I am in favor of taking first seed but if not, I am fine with that. We do not have to panic. But from my concept, the Wings will probably play against one of teams: Preds, Blues, Oilers, Ducks, or other teams. The rest of them will face the Sharks in the first round. I watched some of the Sharks games against them but I could not find any intensity from them. If we can handle the first round team easily, we will be fine because we usually play not great against the weak team but our veterans will boost the team up.

Besides, some Sharks fans here are dumb. Why are there Sharks fans here? Be in the Sharks forum, not in the Red Wings forum.

Wow, you really think Detroit never won a game in San Jose building? :blink:

I always knew Shark fans weren't very knowledgeable about hockey, but c'mon!

And it doesn't matter about home ice advantage, Sharks are not going to make it to the WCF anyhow. Mark my words.

THIS YEAR.

Last year doesn't matter. We won the cup last year, I wouldn't bet money we'll do it this year.

Some comments I read are meaningless. Because both the Wings and the Sharks are not even sure to make to the WCF. Like I said, I am in favor of taking first seed but if not, I am fine with that. We do not have to panic. But from my concept, the Wings will probably play against one of teams: Preds, Blues, Oilers, Ducks, or other teams. The rest of them will face the Sharks in the first round. I watched some of the Sharks games against them but I could not find any intensity from them. If we can handle the first round team easily, we will be fine because we usually play not great against the weak team but our veterans will boost the team up.

Besides, some Sharks fans here are dumb. Why are there Sharks fans here? Be in the Sharks forum, not in the Red Wings forum.

It is much more fun to banter with like minded people...

I would take that bet. Hmmthesharks is a pretty upright guy, who calls it how he sees it. Win or lose he is the most consistent SJ fan on these boards.

hmmthesharks is female, by the by. And I agree she's consistent. Moxie is a great thing in some people.

Thank you! And regarding the post about me posting if the Sharks have lost, yes I would and I have had quite a few times. I call it how it is and if the Sharks play horribly, I will say they played horribly. I've done it before.

Because both the Sharks and Wings forums are HOCKEY forums. If someone is a Sharks fan or a Wings fan, they are obviously a fan of hockey, and if they were true fans, they would be willing to talk about hockey at any teams boards. I post here and on the Sharks forum because I like to discuss hockey with other teams fans, to see their opinions. I have agreed and disagreed with quite a few posts on here, and I think it's fun to talk with other teams fans. If you don't agree with me, then don't read or reply to my posts. Easy as that.

Hmmthesharks, Ratbastrd and Thesupafly.....Y'all are knowledgeable fans of a formidable opponent. Classy replies to some snotty digs = always welcome here in my book. Like any other fansite, we have some teenaged (no matter how old they are) homers here that will abuse opponent's fans no matter how well they behave. I would apologize for them, but I don't think you require that.

To write the Sharks off, rash of injuries included, is dangerous. It can be said that the Sharks have won in the regular season before with no playoff results, yada, yada, yada..... This team is different. They have a lot of heart. I don't write them off at all. Kudos to the Sharks and their fans for a great season. I hope you crash and burn in the playoffs, but not till you play the Almighty Wings With (beachball) Ozzie in net! lol.

Seriously, I think the Wings will meet the Sharks in the WCF. My homerism says that the Wings will win in 6. Time will tell though. Good luck to you and your team and I hope that fans here are not an embarrassment. Oh, and by the way, y'all suck.

Great post. And thank you!

And of course, I hope your Wings crash and burn in the playoffs and my team lives up to its potential because they are a different team, a better team then past seasons, and hopefully they will prove that during this post season.

Thank you! And regarding the post about me posting if the Sharks have lost, yes I would and I have had quite a few times. I call it how it is and if the Sharks play horribly, I will say they played horribly. I've done it before.

Sorry didn't know...

are you implying that blowing the President's Trophy and home ice might be a disadvantage to the Wings?

:hehe:

They should have thought about that sooner. <_<

I hope not, but I know I'll be thinking about some of the points the Red Wings gave away if game one of the WCF is in San Jose.

True! But if it makes you feel any better, we can consider ourselves tied. :P

There are no ties. We'll have to go to the shootout.

I've always been of the mindset that 2nd place is simply the first loser.

Some Sharks fans (myself included) are so dumb that they will actually pay to support a board that's otherwise free to them, one that doesn't even represent their team! Why are they dumb like that? Don't ask me, I'm a dummy. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

Personally. I'd like to welcome the Shark fans to LGW. I think its just as much fun to debate fans of other teams as it is fans of the same team. It doesn't have to get goofey with immature homerisms.

Duck Guy is a good contributor here, so why not other team's fans. Good to get another perspective.

The Sharks are obvious a team to be reckoned with. Personally, I'd like to see Detroit beat Anaheim, Vancouver, then SJ, then Boston. I want them to go all out and beat the best, every step of the way.

IF however, SJ beats Detroit, they'd better have the decency to beat the East for the Cup, or you Shark fans can all just piss off :ranting: !

Welcome Shark fans. :hehe: