• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rage

2009 Wing's Playoff Slogan

Rate this topic

Do you like "The Beard Is Back!!"???  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From MLIVE:

Red Wings encourage fans to show off their playoff beards

Posted by George James Malik March 31, 2009 15:58PM

From the Red Wings' public relations department...

March 31, Detroit Red Wings: THE BEARD IS BACK!

Playoff Beards Return As Red Wings Look To Defend Stanley Cup Title

Detroit, MI...The Detroit Red Wings and their fans will celebrate a long-standing and unique hockey tradition by welcoming back their playoff beards as the Wings begin their defense of their 11th Stanley Cup Championship.

"The players and fans are ready to throw away their razors," said Red Wings Senior Vice President of Business Affairs Steve Violetta. "It's our 18th straight trip to the Stanley Cup Playoffs...Here we grow again!"

The Stanley Cup Playoff beard traces its origins to the early 1980's when the New York Islanders began the tradition on their way to winning the Stanley Cup four years in a row. Since then, the playoff beard has become an annual tradition for both players and fans. Detroit will be skating to become the first team to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions since the Wings recorded back-to-back titles in 1997 and 1998.

Wings fans can join in "The Beard is Back" theme by going to DetroitRedWings.com to vote for the Red Wing with the best playoff beard, and by submitting photos of their own playoff beards to see how far they can grow through the playoffs.

Time to give the non-goatee parts one last shave before the playoffs begin...

Guest CaliWingsNut

i vow not to shave my armpits during the playoffs.

My face is more a matter of health and safety codes.

Haha if this is honestly the new slogan.........THEN I WILL BE SO HAPPY! Haha me and all of my friends grow out our playoff beards every year...well some of us at least make an attempt at least.

Yeah, my friend's boss got sent home w/ a strap on beard and a Hossa flag at the Detroit Economic Club today. :scared:

That's how I found out.

Edited by rage

haha are you s***ting me?

these are never, ever good.

at least this one isn't also a reference to menstruation. that's a step in the right direction.

That's what I mean... they are usually terrible but this one is actually decent

Dude, that's the best slogan ever! I love the guys' playoff beards, Lilja, Draper, Hank, Maltby. From a chick's standpoint, Lilja's beard is the hottest IMO. I'm so glad our team has men with manly beards, not sissy, Crosby facial hair.

Beard is a slang term describing a person who poses as a false date or romantic partner to mislead others about the nature of a relationship.

Hmmmm.... the possibilities.

Also what I thought of immediately. :blink:

This slogan confuses me! (Ah the irony)