• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
55fan

Bettman interview

Rate this topic

Perhaps one of our Swedish members can give an audio link to the actual show.

Gary Bettman gave a telephone interview with Swedish radio personality Mattias Kjellsen about next year's season opener in Sweden.

Here are some of the bits I found interesting.

"Last year's Stanley Cup showed us that Sweden produces some great hockey players. Guys like Nicklas Lidstrom and Henrik Zetterberg are not just pretty boys, they can play real hockey."

"With everything we've been through this year with Mats Sundin, we thought it would be a good idea to come over there with the Detroit Red Wings and show you that Swedes do have a place in the NHL."

"It is our goal to continue to improve the game of hockey, and this means allowing all people the opportunity to enjoy the NHL, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, original gender, or sexual preference. This should be of interest to Swedes in particular. The game of hockey is for all people, and we at the NHL believe strongly in diversity. The Hockey Hall of Fame is opening up categories for women, and it is high time that we recognize that women and former women, as well as former men, have a place in our sport. No other sport in North America is as open to diversity as we are. We pride ourselves in producing a product that is top notch in both competitiveness and entertainment."

Full transcript can be found

. Edited by 55fan

regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, original gender, or sexual preference

offtopic, but may I continue? ... type of the care they own, number of children they have, color of their national flag, food they prefer, music they like, house they need,....aaaaaaaaaaaaa.......... Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid? Looks like these CEO type guys always have nothing to say but they have to. Just to increase the entropy of the Universe I suggest. Meanwhile, the rest of his speech is meaningless as well.

"Last year's Stanley Cup showed us that Sweden produces some great hockey players. Guys like Nicklas Lidstrom and Henrik Zetterberg are not just pretty boys, they can play real hockey."

"With everything we've been through this year with Mats Sundin, we thought it would be a good idea to come over there with the Detroit Red Wings and show you that Swedes do have a place in the NHL."

"It is our goal to continue to improve the game of hockey, and this means allowing all people the opportunity to enjoy the NHL, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, original gender, or sexual preference. This should be of interest to Swedes in particular. The game of hockey is for all people, and we at the NHL believe strongly in diversity. The Hockey Hall of Fame is opening up categories for women, and it is high time that we recognize that women and former women, as well as former men, have a place in our sport. No other sport in North America is as open to diversity as we are. We pride ourselves in producing a product that is top notch in both competitiveness and entertainment."

Ok Gary, we get it, the NHL is for trannies too :P Funny I wouldn't even think to mention it in a P.C. speech, but Gary thought to nail it three times in a paragraph. Thats why he's the commish :ph34r:

Ok Gary, we get it, the NHL is for trannies too :P Funny I wouldn't even think to mention it in a P.C. speech, but Gary thought to nail it three times in a paragraph. Thats why he's the commish :ph34r:

Gotta believe that by former men and former women, he wasn't talking literally, as in people that have had sex changes, but talking about current and former players, both men and woman.....maybe you already thought that as well and were just being sarcastic though....

Gotta believe that by former men and former women, he wasn't talking literally, as in people that have had sex changes, but talking about current and former players, both men and woman.....maybe you already thought that as well and were just being sarcastic though....

I believe that the quote, taken in context with the rest of the article, makes it clear that he's talking about people who have been a different gender. Mattias Kjellsen is the former Inga Kjellsen.

:ranting:

offtopic, but may I continue? ... type of the care they own, number of children they have, color of their national flag, food they prefer, music they like, house they need,....aaaaaaaaaaaaa.......... Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid? Looks like these CEO type guys always have nothing to say but they have to. Just to increase the entropy of the Universe I suggest. Meanwhile, the rest of his speech is meaningless as well.

wrong they do have a lot to say, but its more like, "our company is close to bankruptcy, we need to lay off, we need to destroy the unions, we need HUGE concessions, oh yeah, we promised executives bonuses so we are obligated to pay them, even though our comapny is in bankruptcy and cant afford to pay our retirees what we promised them. If we dont get concesssion, we will ave to liquidate, oh,but I still get my $10 MILLION bonus as well." CEOS have plenty to say,too bad it's just blowing smoke up the publics ass and not facts. F**k Gary Bettman, F**k Doug Steenland, F**K Richard Anderson, F**k Rick Wagoner, F**k Robert Nardelli, F**k Bill Ford, and F**K Obama for his bait and switch with the unions and blue collar workers in this great country! Vote for me, I support the Union! Hey, thanks for electing me president, now, YOU MUST GIVE UP YOUR RETIREMENT AND WAGES AND BENEFITS AND QUALITY OF LIFE! Gee, thanks Obama!

Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter, we're all a bunch of sheeple/debt slaves to these people! Obama is just another puppet! Just like Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc, etc... :ranting:

Oh, sorry, got carried away! Hey, maybe Bettman will raise the Cap enough for us to keep Franzen under contract so he can be part of the Swedish opening!

OK, the time is now 12 midnight in Detroit, which means that April Fools' Day is over.

Thanks to all who played along, and those who kept their mouths shut so that I had a chance to catch (and possibly rickroll) everyone who read it.

Special thanks to Datsyerberger who even alluded to this in his thread, even though his thread was serious and he knew this one was fake.

Edited by 55fan