• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT: Blues 5 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

stl.pngVS det.png

Preview- Forthcoming

riples187e.png

St. Louis: 37-30-9, 15-18-4 Road Record, 83 pts; 5th in Central Division, 9th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to CHI 3-1 Recap

Detroit: 49-18-9, 26-7-4 Home Record, 107 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to NSH 4-3 Recap

Last DET-STL meeting: 3/14, DET 5 at STL 2 Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

STL Brad Boyes: 30

DET Marian Hossa: 37

Assists

STL David Perron: 35

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 61

Plus/Minus

STL Patrik Berglund: +21

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +34

----

STL Brad Boyes: -20

DET Kris Draper and Derek Meech: -12

PIM

STL David Backes: 157

DET Andreas Lilja: 66

riples187g.png

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Hudler-Kopecky-Samuelsson

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Ericsson-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

Meech scratched

riples187h.png

STL Chris Mason

23-21-6, 2.42 GAA, .917 SV %, 5 SO

DET Ty Conklin

25-9-2, 2.43 GAA, .912 SV %, 6 SO

riples187i.png

STL Eric Brewer (back) out, D.J. King (shoulder) out, Paul Kariya (hip) out, Erik Johnson (torn acl) out

DET Brian Rafalski (hamstring) will not play, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

blueswings625mar3.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

this is a must win for the Wings.... in the sense that they must match intensity to prepare for the playoffs after this multi-day resting period.........

GO WINGS!!!!!!

Guest Shoreline

Wings better take advantage of the Blues being on the ass end of back to back divisional games. *shakes fist*

Think they will have their Black Beards on???

I would DIE LAUGHING the whole game if they all wore those during the game. OR, OR if the coaching staff wore the beards AND those crazy cowboy hats they had on during the Winter Classic. :lol:

Wings win 18-1, Pavel getting 10 points to reach 101. Hank gets six goals but it doesn't count as a hattrick as the ref waves off four because Homer was sitting on the bench. The people of Michigan go hungry for Arbys again. Kokopuffs gets 18 assists. Conklin plays the whole game half asleep, scaring the crap out of everyone on the boards. There is a meltdown when we give the Blues a pity goal, even though we're still 17 goals ahead of them.

Edited by EuroTwin

I'm not sure who will win, but I know someone will. Mark my words.

lol!

dear red wings,

please start playing like the team that won the Stanley Cup last season.

sincerely,

LGW Nation

Edited by kylee

Guest mindfly

I think blues win this one, it's a must win for them since they lost to chicago, red wings aint in desperation mode, they wanna cruise for the rest of the season and avoid hits... 4-3 blues

This is going to be a tough game. You have a real desperate team fighting for a playoff spot, and then you have a complacent team who has been playing like there's not much to worry about. Hopefully the Wings can win and at least try to stay alive for the #1 seed, but the importance if that is even up for debate.

Finally its hockey time! Broke down and got the 2/$44 deal for this game and am going against my better judgement to not waste money on meaningless end of season games.... so hopefully its not a snooze fest like i am anticipating.

I don't really care who wins, just no effing injuries! and a billion Fights! Give me a reason to skip going to Windsor to see the Whalers tonight!

Finally its hockey time! Broke down and got the 2/$44 deal for this game and am going against my better judgement to not waste money on meaningless end of season games.... so hopefully its not a snooze fest like i am anticipating.

Waste money? I'd KILL to see the Wings for 22 bucks a ticket. You guys are spoiled as far as hockey tix are concerned, Canucks tickets are daylight robbery.

Games this Month

This is the first of 6 games to be played in April; 4 at home, 2 on the road.

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 shutout)

Home: 2-game losing streak (1 shutout).

Streaks vs. St. Louis

Overall: 5-game winning streak (1 shutout & 1 shootout)

Home: 2-game winning streak (1 overtime).

Record on this Date

This is the 27th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 26 games:

8W-15L-3T.

This is the 19th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 18 games:

5W-10L-3T.

LGW.

Waste money? I'd KILL to see the Wings for 22 bucks a ticket. You guys are spoiled as far as hockey tix are concerned, Canucks tickets are daylight robbery.

You missed my point... paying to see a lackluster meaningless game is a waste of money. and the $22 seats are the only reason I bought these tickets. The normal price without this package is $54...

Now see there is also another item that comes into play. after i bought these tickets, The Spitfires announced Game 1 versus the Whalers would also be tonight in Windsor. Personally i think there is a lot more action to be had going to that game where both teams actually care at this stage of the game. Thats the reason I say a waste. because if the same ol' wings of the past few games show up... is it really fun to watch in person? I don't need a win to be happy... i just require some sort of action and a little bit of effort.

St. Louis will give everything they can to beat us and to get a PO spot.

Good for us that this is not much though... :rolleyes:

Conklin will fight for his po spot as starting goalie as well and will get another shut-out!!

I have a funeral in a couple of hours - so I'm gonna need the boys to come out swingin' tonight and light the lamp for me. :)

Unfortunately, I might not even get to SEE the game... since I'll be at league. I'll have access to catching it on FSN-Midwest (blech..) but I doubt the alley will change the channel off of basketball. :rolleyes: But if my brother is working, I might get a pity change in there. Or I might bring my laptop... hell, it's been what, 4 days since we played last? I need my damn hockey!

I was at the Blues/Hawks game last night and it was hard to sit there and watch - I ended up leaving after the second. The blues didn't have a shot on goal for over 20 min - 3 shots in the first and 4 in the second - they even went shotless on a four min powerplay! Chicago was not much better, but managed to get the puck in the net.

I thought it would be a great game considering their position, but I guess they failed to get the memo that they need to win!

IF SL puts forth the effort they did last night this one should be a lock. Looking forward to watching the wings put in a full team effort and walking away with the win!

Another lackluster effort by the Wings allows St. Louis to remain in the playoff hunt by gaining a valuable 2 points.

OR

After deciding that losing really sucks, the Wings decide to play inspired hockey and deprive the Blues of a much needed win.

I can't decide how it'll go, but I'll be glued to the tv.