• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Red Wings' Chris Chelios nominated for Masterton award for perseve

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I don't think Cheli will win it this year but he certainly deserves a nomination.

I'm willing to bet that Steve Sullivan will win it, 600 something days lost, two reconstructive back surgeries and whatnot. Even though I hope Chelios finally gets it; if not this season, next season for sure. Anyone know how many times he has been nominated?

A deserved nomination but I don't see it in the cards for him, hasn't he been nominated for this like 3 years in a row?

Gotta think it would go to Bergereon.

There are two logical choices here.

Zednik or Sullivan.

If one of those wins I won't bat an eye. If they really judge on perserverance, then rehabbing for 600 days should make you a shoo-in, but I wouldn't be upset if Zednik won, dude almost died.

Anyone else and it'll be tragic. Now, certainly, Chelios should be your nominee, but there are two really special candidates this year.

Lets be honest, they should just rename the Masterton Trophy the "Who Has Come Back From Serious Injury Trophy".

I don't think Cheli winning this or not will be the key to his election to the Hall Of Fame ;)

if not this year then another, right?

this kid still has it in his legs. and my personal bet is he'll get his Masterton somewhere about 2012 :)

That's what i'm thinking... he's got the rest of hs career to win one. Such potential this player has.