• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Bruins re-sign Tim Thomas

Rate this topic

this also means that they can keep only two out of Bergeron, Savard, Kessel and Krejci. One year glory...

Not sure I follow you ... Savard is already locked up until 2010, Bergeron until 2011.

this also means that they can keep only two out of Bergeron, Savard, Kessel and Krejci. One year glory...

Doesn't really mean anything at all actually. The combined cap hit of Thomas and Fernandez is over $5.4 million, so they will actually be reducing their cap hit with this signing when they say goodbye to Fernandez at the end of the year.

Edited by toby91_ca

Detroit should sign Fernandez.

It's obvious he won't be back with the B's next season, and he'd have to take a significant paycut to play here. There is no way he's worth 4.3/year on Detroit's roster, and he probably won't come here anyways. The Bruins have some tough decisions to make. Kessel and Krecji are both due RFA's and will be asking for much more next year. Lucic will also be getting a big raise in 2010.

I think 5.2 is too much for Timmy. I know he's having a fantastic year, but I don't see him repeating his performance again.