• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lets go pavel

Ron Wilson to coach U.S. Olympic team

Rate this topic

Aw Crap....anyone else envision a team that does well out of the gates and then chokes in the medal round?

Unfortunately this is exactly what I was thinking.

But I'm sure he will do a hell of a job, should be extremely exciting.

Aw Crap....anyone else envision a team that does well out of the gates and then chokes in the medal round?

I don't even know if I'm comfortable saying that the US will get 4th and that was before they chose the hamblachaeapee as coach. I'm sure that in many ways that roster is underrated but on the surface it appears to look like a joke in comparison to Russia and Canada.

I don't even know if I'm comfortable saying that the US will get 4th and that was before they chose the hamblachaeapee as coach. I'm sure that in many ways that roster is underrated but on the surface it appears to look like a joke in comparison to Russia and Canada.

Eh, agreed they aren't the most talented player for player, but they could definitely compete and if Ryan Miller gets hot who knows what could happen. The offense can probably skate with any other country, but their defense is almost as weak as Russia's. Should be a very competitive tournament.

Not to mention the defending gold-medalists.

My post was more a shot at Wilson than anything.

Pretty much stole my (and everyone else's) line. We'll dominate our pool, flame out in the medal round.

Edit: I actually like the way Team USA will probably look, maybe more than any Olympic team in my memory (which goes back to 1992) except for the silver medalists in SLC. We won't have the pure awesomeness on tap that Canada and especially Russia will, but we have some pretty underrated guys who can skate and score and if Miller (or Tim Thomas) gets his big-game Mike Richter on, who knows?

Edited by C-TownWing

From ctv olympics dot ca:

John Tortorella and Scott Gordon will be assistant coaches to Toronto Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson for the 2010 U.S. Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Team, USA Hockey has announced.

Tortorella previously served as head coach of the U.S. team at the 2008 IIHF World Championship in Halifax and Quebec City, and an associate coach at the 2005 Worlds in Austria. A Boston native, he recently finished his first year as head coach of the Rangers after being named to that position in February. Prior to the Rangers, Tortorella spent six seasons as head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning, where he won the 2003-04 Stanley Cup and was voted the Jack Adams Award.

The 2008-09 season was Scott Gordon's first as head coach of the New York Islanders. The native of Easton, Mass., was most recently an assistant coach for the U.S. Men's National Team at the 2009 IIHF Men's World Championship in Bern and Zurich-Kloten, Switzerland, was also a member of the 1992 U.S. Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Team. The 2008-09 season was his first as head coach of the New York Islanders.

As lon as he doesn't use the Hanta Yo speech in any of the Medal Round Games I think the USA has a good chance.

Game 2 of the 98 SCF was the best gameo f the Series 5-4 OT Win. Kris Draper Scored in OT to lift the Wings to a 2-0 Lead against the Washington Capitals. Thank god for that speech Ronnie.