• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/5 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

No but maybe show a bit of gratitude for keeping the game tied and putting us in a position to win when Hossa scored.

I shouldnt have to show any gratitude for a goalie that makes saves that he is supposed to make!!

WOW!! OZZY stopped a few BEACHBALLS today!!! great job Ozzy!!

There, does that make you feel better?

Personally, I didn't like seeing the offense sputter so badly in the first two periods, taking bad angle shots and not converting on opportunities like power plays and breakaways. But nonetheless, the team won, so bitching at this point is rather futile.

I don't think any of us did, the Wings included, but after going pointless for three in a row like that, the next win is never going to be pretty, even if you're the Red Wings. Like you I'm just thankful they stuck with it even after all those failed PPs and missed breakaways and found a way to win.

Lets just throw away the 50 shots the the opposing goaltender faced.... I really don't think we are bashing osgood but the blind osgood homers.
If you notice its always the same 2 must be on his payroll.

For all you Ozzie bashers... He kept us in the game in the 3rd! WTG OZ!!!

Yes, he made 2 or 3 saves in the third that goalies need to make if you expect to win. I give him credit, but its hard to vindicate a season of sucki-ness on 1 good period which was preceded by a bad goal in the first and a questionable goal in the second.

Edited by clutchngrab

cheli was great today, even got a pretty good shot off at one point and made good plays offensively and defensively.

I agree. Cheli was a monster out there today. Makes me wonder when he plays like this if he still would make a cheap 7-8 spot dman for us next year. I think he is good for the young guys coming up and he seems happy with the role he has on this team.

Great game by the Wings. I thought that Ozzie was BETTER but still needs to tighten up his game a bit and make better plays when he plays the puck. Nice to see him get the win and get some good saves behind him though.

I like the look of the 1st and 2nd lines today. Both lines played well and I think Cleary belongs on the 2nd line, he had some pretty nice deflections today that would have gone in on most goalies.

Good Game. :thumbup:

Osgood just bailed this team out in the 3rd. You're not watching games, you're wanking to stats. The "better" goalie statistically just lost the game for his team. Keep the circus act going.

Actually, everyone seems to think that you have a circus act going with the way you defend Ozzie blindly, like he was your lover or something. Just admit that he's sucked this season, and we'll all let you off the hook.

excellent game by the wings today. ozzie gave up 1 terrible and 1 questionable goal, but on the while i thought he played well. he got the w while only letting in 2 goals. good effort. he's going to have to string together 3 or 4 more games like this to get ready for the playoffs. overall i was very pleased with the play today. keep it up! :thumbup:

Personally, I didn't like seeing the offense sputter so badly in the first two periods, taking bad angle shots and not converting on opportunities like power plays and breakaways. But nonetheless, the team won, so bitching at this point is rather futile.

Malcontent. Non-fan. Take you red-wing bashing to another site pred-lover.

Guest Shoreline
Yes, he made 2 or 3 saves in the third that goalies need to make if you expect to win. I give him credit, but its hard to vindicate a season of sucki-ness on 1 good period which was preceded by a bad goal in the first and a questionable goal in the second.

There was no questionable goal in the second. The entire team was out of position. All six Red Wings on the ice take blame for that one happening as the shot Gaborik took did not just appear magically or by Osgood's doing, nor was it even a straight shot and expected save. It was a fluke goal.

Actually, everyone seems to think that you have a circus act going with the way you defend Ozzie blindly, like he was your lover or something. Just admit that he's sucked this season, and we'll all let you off the hook.
That will end it all here right now, but no this is going to go all the way into the playoffs with your mentality - so be it!

Yes Shoreline definitely is an Osgood sychophant; what a pursuit.

I agree. Cheli was a monster out there today. Makes me wonder when he plays like this if he still would make a cheap 7-8 spot dman for us next year. I think he is good for the young guys coming up and he seems happy with the role he has on this team.

Great game by the Wings. I thought that Ozzie was BETTER but still needs to tighten up his game a bit and make better plays when he plays the puck. Nice to see him get the win and get some good saves behind him though.

I like the look of the 1st and 2nd lines today. Both lines played well and I think Cleary belongs on the 2nd line, he had some pretty nice deflections today that would have gone in on most goalies.

Good Game. :thumbup:

I want Chelios on the team next year, no question about it.

I would rather lose Meech or Lebda or both, in order to make room for Eriksson next year.

I wouldn't mind it one bit if they dropped Meech and Lebda, maybe even Lilja included to have a third pairing of Big E and Cheli and use whatever's left to call up Kindl or Kolosov or whoever in case of injury, or maybe even double shift Ericsson.

Guest Shoreline

By everyone you surely mean the 2 or 3 other Osgood bashers that have nothing better to do than tear a winning team's goalie down and rightfully get put on ignore by a good portion of the board.. those "everyone"? Then again, I'm not so zealous like you are to trash players on my team just because they aren't playing up to the previous season's standards, or whatever your unrealistic standards are. Kinda hard for any rational person to suggest you're anything of a useful fan (if even a Red Wings fan at all) when you take dumps all over your team's players constantly. Winning is winning regardless of the other stats, as was just suggested, winning is the only stat that matters. This team is #2 with Ozzie. This team just won the cup last season.. with Ozzie. There's far more to this season's few lapses than merely goaltending, but I don't expect you to realize that given how foot-up-solely-Ozzie's-ass you've been throughout. Those people who can post rationally I agree with, far more often than not. You just confuse yourself for a rational poster when you're way out of your league compared to one.

Near total domination by the Wings, which was good to see. If not for a total brainfart by Osgood and exceptional play by Backstrom, this game isn't even close.

I think Ozzy played well most of the game. He made some big saves, especially late in the game. I just wish he would put together a full game without any of those "wtf?" gaffes like the one today. That first goal was a total momentum and morale killer because the Wings were absolutely dominant at the time.

He had a lot of great chances though didn't really show up on the scoresheet, but Zetterberg was a beast today. What a great shut down guy.

the GDTs have become tiresome. 95% of us are worried about ozzie (including myself), but what can we do? nothing. these BS arguements amongst ourselves will do nothing, and have done nothing all year. beating the ozzie sucks drum has gotten old (ive done it myself) but at this point all we can do is stand behind him (or in front of him to block shots :D ) and give our faith in our goalie to go all the way. when ozzie comes through, we will need an olympic sized banquet table to serve delicious, hot, and savory crow. and if not, ill be the first to eat mine, but until that happens, IN OZ I TRUST

It's a tough call, imo. Defensively, without question he belongs. Offensively, he's just another one those guys who flirts between being a 2nd/3rd liner. If you're going to pair Zetterberg-Franzen, it might be a good idea for Babs to split those shifts between Cleary and Hudler (or maybe even someone else) depending on the situation.

How about you wrap your mind around this team being in 2nd place, before you start with your woes-me-it's-the-end-of-the-world crap based upon GAA. And boy does Backstrom's elite GAA make a difference going into the playoffs, doesn't it? Holy crap, figure that.

How does being #2 in the standings help us going into the playoffs with the 20-something-th worst GAA in the league?

Your logic is so absolutely backwards it's hard to put into words. Not every goal is the fault of the goaltender and not every goaltender is going to stop them all, we understand this. There is no goal I would fault on backstrom, and I'm not faulting osgood on the second goal against us, but the first one he let in is the same s*** he's been doing all season. His FIRST GOAL against him this season was a retarded giveaway to a maple leaf player and he just had to tap it into the open net. NOTHING has changed. Our changes at playoff success with him in net is drastically low.

It just seems like your denying that osgood has ever played bad this season, and you're pretty much the only person who is doing that. Osgood has played bad all season, it has yet to change, yet you osgood boners think it's going to change when the playoffs start.

Let me give you a hint.

It won't.

Edited by Z and D for the C

By everyone you surely mean the 2 or 3 other Osgood bashers that have nothing better to do than tear a winning team's goalie down and rightfully get put on ignore by a good portion of the board.. those "everyone"? Then again, I'm not so zealous like you are to trash players on my team just because they aren't playing up to the previous season's standards, or whatever your unrealistic standards are. Kinda hard for any rational person to suggest you're anything of a useful fan (if even a Red Wings fan at all) when you take dumps all over your team's players constantly. Winning is winning regardless of the other stats, as was just suggested, winning is the only stat that matters. This team is #2 with Ozzie. This team just won the cup last season.. with Ozzie. There's far more to this season's few lapses than merely goaltending, but I don't expect you to realize that given how foot-up-solely-Ozzie's-ass you've been throughout. Those people who can post rationally I agree with, far more often than not. You just confuse yourself for a rational poster when you're way out of your league compared to one.

2 or 3 bashers? :rolleyes: There's a lot more people who aren't confident in Ozzie than just 2 or 3 people. And stop referring to the Wings as "your" team. They're not your team any more than they are mine.

In your opinion, anyone who criticizes the team is neither a rational poster nor a real fan, merely because the team has won Cups in the past and is currently sporting one of the best records in the league. This is why so many people here are annoyed with your attitude on this. You claim there's a difference between rational posters and bashing the team, yet you treat both kinds of posters equally.

Yes Shoreline definitely is an Osgood sychophant; what a pursuit.

Its kind of pathetic actually. Even if you think Osgood is the goalie to start the playoffs, to not admit that Osgood has been bad this season is just total denial of reality. But you'll never hear that from Shoreline. In his world inside Ozzie's colon all is rosy and pink.

It's a tough call, imo. Defensively, without question he belongs. Offensively, he's just another one those guys who flirts between being a 2nd/3rd liner. If you're going to pair Zetterberg-Franzen, it might be a good idea for Babs to split those shifts between Cleary and Hudler (or maybe even someone else) depending on the situation.

I'd like to see Flip play with Z and Franzen for a couple games.

In your opinion, anyone who criticizes the team is neither a rational poster nor a real fan, merely because the team has won Cups in the past and is currently sporting one of the best records in the league. This is why so many people here are annoyed with your attitude on this. You claim there's a difference between rational posters and bashing the team, yet you treat both kinds of posters equally.

It also seems like people think just because you're critical of Osgood, you WANT him to do badly. When osgood plays, I want him to do good, if he starts in the playoffs I'll be cheering for him just like I would anyone. No one WANTS him to lose, it's just we don't have a blind confidence like all these "true fans" do.

It also seems like people think just because you're critical of Osgood, you WANT him to do badly. When osgood plays, I want him to do good, if he starts in the playoffs I'll be cheering for him just like I would anyone. No one WANTS him to lose, it's just we don't have a blind confidence like all these "true fans" do.

True enough.