• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/5 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest lilja4mvp

i can not believe there are people that want chelios back on this team next year

i refuse to believe it

Its kind of pathetic actually. Even if you think Osgood is the goalie to start the playoffs, to not admit that Osgood has been bad this season is just total denial of reality. But you'll never hear that from Shoreline. In his world inside Ozzie's colon all is rosy and pink.

LMAO!!--this is so true :rotflmao: :lol:

Apr 5 MIN W 3-2 2.00 .911

Mar 29 NAS L 3-4 4.09 .846

Mar 27 NYI L 0-2 2.05 .933

Mar 23 @ CGY L 3-5 7.02 .786

Mar 20 @ ATL W 6-3 3.01 .912

Mar 17 PHI W 3-2 2.00 .923

Mar 15 @ COB W 4-0 0.00 1.000

Mar 14 @ STL W 5-2 2.00 .938

Mar 7 COB L 2-8 9.67 .696

Mar 3 @ STL W 5-0 0.00 1.000

7 at least "good" games in his last 10. You can all ***** about Osgood all you want, but he's been much better since March 1st than he has in the rest of the season.

Guest Shoreline
2 or 3 bashers? :rolleyes: There's a lot more people who aren't confident in Ozzie than just 2 or 3 people. And stop referring to the Wings as "your" team. They're not your team any more than they are mine.

In your opinion, anyone who criticizes the team is neither a rational poster nor a real fan, merely because the team has won Cups in the past and is currently sporting one of the best records in the league. This is why so many people here are annoyed with your attitude on this. You claim there's a difference between rational posters and bashing the team, yet you treat both kinds of posters equally.

Actually if you read my posts I'm critical of the team when necessary. I'm just not as stupid to call off the postseason or blame the goalie squarely for the obvious team ineptitude in losses. And see how much that same pissy attitude you have about a team you claim to be a fan of works in life. It ain't just me that's tired of you select few bashers (or as you claim, "everyone" :lol:) trying to s*** all over this team despite them being in the midst of another cup run.

How does being #2 in the standings help us going into the playoffs with the 20-something-th worst GAA in the league?

Your logic is so absolutely backwards it's hard to put into words. Not every goal is the fault of the goaltender and not every goaltender is going to stop them all, we understand this. There is no goal I would fault on backstrom, and I'm not faulting osgood on the second goal against us, but the first one he let in is the same s*** he's been doing all season. His FIRST GOAL against him this season was a retarded giveaway to a maple leaf player and he just had to tap it into the open net. NOTHING has changed. Our changes at playoff success with him in net is drastically low.

It just seems like your denying that osgood has ever played bad this season, and you're pretty much the only person who is doing that. Osgood has played bad all season, it has yet to change, yet you osgood boners think it's going to change when the playoffs start.

Let me give you a hint.

It won't.

How about you tell me what regular season GAA means in the playoffs, and I'll conjure up some other statistics to claim both why the Wings should win and why they should lose. It's easy to play this game.

But then of course you focus on the first goal Ozzie gave up, which no one is calling someone else's fault, and somehow it's proof that Ozzie sucks, despite him helping this team win the game. Most people were whining about him giving up 3 goals per game, but even when he gives up less, regardless of who's fault it is, the same few people still whine. Whine whine whine whine whine. Boo ******* hoo. Ozzie let in a bad goal. But no outrage for the defense on the second goal? No outrage for the offense throughout the game? Well isn't that convenient.

By everyone you surely mean the 2 or 3 other Osgood bashers that have nothing better to do than tear a winning team's goalie down and rightfully get put on ignore by a good portion of the board.. those "everyone"? Then again, I'm not so zealous like you are to trash players on my team just because they aren't playing up to the previous season's standards, or whatever your unrealistic standards are. Kinda hard for any rational person to suggest you're anything of a useful fan (if even a Red Wings fan at all) when you take dumps all over your team's players constantly. Winning is winning regardless of the other stats, as was just suggested, winning is the only stat that matters. This team is #2 with Ozzie. This team just won the cup last season.. with Ozzie. There's far more to this season's few lapses than merely goaltending, but I don't expect you to realize that given how foot-up-solely-Ozzie's-ass you've been throughout. Those people who can post rationally I agree with, far more often than not. You just confuse yourself for a rational poster when you're way out of your league compared to one.

Imagine the jubilation it is to be put on ignore by this guy - I'm lovin it!

Actually if you read my posts I'm critical of the team when necessary. I'm just not as stupid to call off the postseason or blame the goalie squarely for the obvious team ineptitude in losses. And see how much that same pissy attitude you have about a team you claim to be a fan of works in life. It ain't just me that's tired of you select few bashers (or as you claim, "everyone" :lol:) trying to s*** all over this team despite them being in the midst of another cup run.

How about you tell me what regular season GAA means in the playoffs, and I'll conjure up some other statistics to claim both why the Wings should win and why they should lose. It's easy to play this game.

But then of course you focus on the first goal Ozzie gave up, which no one is calling someone else's fault, and somehow it's proof that Ozzie sucks, despite him helping this team win the game. Most people were whining about him giving up 3 goals per game, but even when he gives up less, regardless of who's fault it is, the same few people still whine. Whine whine whine whine whine. Boo ******* hoo. Ozzie let in a bad goal. But no outrage for the defense on the second goal? No outrage for the offense throughout the game? Well isn't that convenient.

Earth to Shoreline---Earth to Shoreline...

NEWS FLASH--Ozzy has been letting in bad goals CONSISTANTLY in almost every game this season---so why arent you outraged at that????????

Guest Shoreline
Shoot. I missed it. What was Backstrom complaining about on Hudler's goal?

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hl...amp;event=DET91

No idea. The play was kept onside, no one was near Hudler, and Hudler wasn't even near Backstrom. He's either whining about something that happened before the beginning of the highlight, or he's just embarrassed for his defense leaving Huds wide open and is just complaining for no reason at all.

I think Ozzie has been average this season, he overpursues from side-to-side, but I honestly don't think he has eben bad. He hasn't been good, but he hasn't been bad.

You all have to remember how weak our defensive core has been this year. Everyone, minus Lilja (that's weird to say) has regressed defensively this season. So before we bash our goalies, remember that our Defensemen haven't been up to Red Wing quality like they have been the past couple years. Our opponents have had much much much more quality shots this year than in years past. Remember that.

It also seems like people think just because you're critical of Osgood, you WANT him to do badly. When osgood plays, I want him to do good, if he starts in the playoffs I'll be cheering for him just like I would anyone. No one WANTS him to lose, it's just we don't have a blind confidence like all these "true fans" do.

Exactly what the situation is.

No idea. The play was kept onside, no one was near Hudler, and Hudler wasn't even near Backstrom. He's either whining about something that happened before the beginning of the highlight, or he's just embarrassed for his defense leaving Huds wide open and is just complaining for no reason at all.

I checked the Wild boards and if the ref didn't get in the way of the puck then there's no way Zetterberg gets to it for that quick pass.

Earth to Shoreline---Earth to Shoreline...

NEWS FLASH--Ozzy has been letting in bad goals CONSISTANTLY in almost every game this season---so why arent you outraged at that????????

Come in - come in- are you recieving- over

It also seems like people think just because you're critical of Osgood, you WANT him to do badly. When osgood plays, I want him to do good, if he starts in the playoffs I'll be cheering for him just like I would anyone. No one WANTS him to lose, it's just we don't have a blind confidence like all these "true fans" do.

Seriously, how is it any different from an interaction with a close friend? You criticize them because you want them to do better. And they're more likely to respond if you show them a little tough love instead of patronizing them with "Oh it's okay, don't worry about it, you're great."

Shoreline, I think you're fighting a losing battle. But I agree with you.

Osgood let in 2 goals on 23 shots. One was a boneheaded play, completely his fault.

But he stopped the shots he needed to stop in order to WIN the Game. Some of those shots on excellent scoring chances, generated by poor defensive play by his Teammates, late in a tied Game.

People ***** when he loses, because when he loses, he sucks. People ***** when he Wins, because when he Wins, he doesn't Win the way some fans WANT or EXPECT him to Win, therefore he sucks.

And for the geniuses here who are willing to "let you off the hook" if you'll only admit that Osgood has had a bad year.....?

I don't recall ANYONE here , (or elsewhere), arguing anything to the contrary. I don't think there's been a single instance, by even the most rabid Osgood supporter, of anyone stating that Osgood has been anywhere NEAR "good" this year. He's been bad. All year.

But as those who point out that his FIFTEEN YEAR CAREER has no bearing on how he's played THIS Season.....

His play THIS SEASON has absolutely no bearing on how he played today. Nor on how he's played since the beginning of March.

Everyone wanted improvement. Everyone bitched and pissed and moaned and WHINED like a little girl with a scraped freakin' knee...

"If only he'd show IMPROVEMENT.....If only he'd play BETTER....."

He HAS shown improvement, folks. His stats since his "mental breather" have been worlds better than his Season totals. They've certainly been better than Conklin's stats, of late.

The Wings are heading into the Post Season as the #2 Seed in the West, (at worst). They've just secured their 4th consecutive 50 Win Season.

The Play Offs haven't even BEGUN....and already fans can't keep their GOBS clamped about how badly Osgood WILL play.....once they DO begin.

Amazing.....simply amazing.

Edited by Outsider

Apr 5 MIN W 3-2 2.00 .911

Mar 29 NAS L 3-4 4.09 .846

Mar 27 NYI L 0-2 2.05 .933

Mar 23 @ CGY L 3-5 7.02 .786

Mar 20 @ ATL W 6-3 3.01 .912

Mar 17 PHI W 3-2 2.00 .923

Mar 15 @ COB W 4-0 0.00 1.000

Mar 14 @ STL W 5-2 2.00 .938

Mar 7 COB L 2-8 9.67 .696

Mar 3 @ STL W 5-0 0.00 1.000

7 at least "good" games in his last 10. You can all ***** about Osgood all you want, but he's been much better since March 1st than he has in the rest of the season.

Thank you. Finally somebody with some numbers to back up their arguments. I am tired of posters who say things like "Osgood lets in a soft goal every game" or the "defense has been terrible all year".

Guest Shoreline
I think Ozzie has been average this season, he overpursues from side-to-side, but I honestly don't think he has eben bad. He hasn't been good, but he hasn't been bad.

You all have to remember how weak our defensive core has been this year. Everyone, minus Lilja (that's weird to say) has regressed defensively this season. So before we bash our goalies, remember that our Defensemen haven't been up to Red Wing quality like they have been the past couple years. Our opponents have had much much much more quality shots this year than in years past. Remember that.

That's pretty much it. This entire team's defense, from defensemen to goalie, or forwards playing defense, have not played up to last year's standards. However, last year was also nearly a perfect season, which logically cannot and should not be expected every single year. This team has kinks in the armor. We know they can do it if they step up in the playoffs, but it's all a matter of which team we're going to see. And as for Ozzie, he has been no worse than the defense in front of him. Quality shots get stopped far less than the dozens of bad angle shots the Wings forwards put on opposing goalies. This easily explains the horrid PK, and explains the high amount of goals given up most of the season, regardless of who is in net.

I checked the Wild boards and if the ref didn't get in the way of the puck then there's no way Zetterberg gets to it for that quick pass.

Well, it can be chalked up then as him getting upset at a fluke goal. I probably should have maximized the replay, which I watched about 5 times before commenting, but didn't see it go off the ref. Somewhat more understandable but what can the ref do besides try to get out of the way. No reason why the Wild defenseman should leave his assignment in Hudler, or take the risk of him being wide open if, for any reason, a Wing gets the puck to pass it to the middle.

Guest Shoreline
Thank you. Finally somebody with some numbers to back up their arguments. I am tired of posters who say things like "Osgood lets in a soft goal every game" or the "defense has been terrible all year".

There's no point in bringing numbers to back up an argument because people can arbitrarily cite whichever ones they want. People can cite Ozzie's yearly GAA as "he sucks", they can cite since March 1st that he's done awesome lately. None of these, however, mean s***, if the team is at least winning with him. If he's causing this team to lose, and especially lose out in the playoffs, he gets the s*** he deserves, but this isn't even the case yet and people are up his ass, win or lose.

Edit: By "people", I mean, correctly, the same very few posters who have nothing better to do than trash Ozzie or troll the forums.

Edited by Shoreline

Seriously, how is it any different from an interaction with a close friend? You criticize them because you want them to do better. And they're more likely to respond if you show them a little tough love instead of patronizing them with "Oh it's okay, don't worry about it, you're great."

There is a HUGE difference. In the cases that you sighted, it might make a difference to your friend.

You and I are just posters on an internet forum that Chris Osgood will never read. Your criticism will have zero bearing on anything. All that we are doing is bitching and complaining and that is a hell of a lot different that showing your friend "tough love".

Many of the negtive comments and the gloom and doom are from people that just want to walk around and say "I told you so" if the worst comes true. I don't get it why people that claim to be fans just ***** and complain and predict the worst.

Guest Shoreline
Many of the negtive comments and the gloom and doom are from people that just want to walk around and say "I told you so" if the worst comes true. I don't get it why people that claim to be fans just ***** and complain and predict the worst.

Yup.

That's pretty much it. This entire team's defense, from defensemen to goalie, or forwards playing defense, have not played up to last year's standards. However, last year was also nearly a perfect season, which logically cannot and should not be expected every single year. This team has kinks in the armor. We know they can do it if they step up in the playoffs, but it's all a matter of which team we're going to see. And as for Ozzie, he has been no worse than the defense in front of him. Quality shots get stopped far less than the dozens of bad angle shots the Wings forwards put on opposing goalies. This easily explains the horrid PK, and explains the high amount of goals given up most of the season, regardless of who is in net.

Well, it can be chalked up then as him getting upset at a fluke goal. I probably should have maximized the replay, which I watched about 5 times before commenting, but didn't see it go off the ref. Somewhat more understandable but what can the ref do besides try to get out of the way. No reason why the Wild defenseman should leave his assignment in Hudler, or take the risk of him being wide open if, for any reason, a Wing gets the puck to pass it to the middle.

The Wild got their asses handed to them. If it wasn't for Backstrom this game would have been a laugher. The better team won today, they have nothing to ***** about.

Shoreline, I think you're fighting a losing battle. But I agree with you.

It's not a losing battle. :) Those of us who watch our beloved Wings with a passion know the truth, and those that want to be negative Nancy's will continue to do so as wannabe's and bandwagon fans.

No biggie really.

He is just voicing his opinion.

Go Wings!