• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/6 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Sabres 1

Rate this topic

Its game 78, but I think we finally turned a corner.

How many times have we heard "you would think 4 on 4 hockey would benefit Detroit, but their record 4 on 4...."

Thats the deciding factor. We've produced 4 on 4. The stars have finally re-aligned.

In more ways than one, I hope.

*hanging out here after the game hoping the Spartans get their s*** together...*

Wings win 7-1. Pavel hits 100 points, and Hank scores four goals. Hossa gets two to reach 40 goals and Lids gets one just because he can.

Go Wings!

Well apart from the impossibles your predictions were pretty damn good tonight. I read this earlier and once Hossa got 40 I thought of this post. HA!!!!

To bad Ozzy didn't get the SO, but you had the Sabers score predicted as well.

;) Thanks for the confirmation. I just got home from work.

and, and, and....So many players look good tonight,including Drapes, Malts, Flip, and of course the regulars. And even Sammy almost decked someone in a mini-brawl. ^_^

In more ways than one, I hope.

*hanging out here after the game hoping the Spartans get their s*** together...*

It's going to take a miracle for MSU to comeback.

We're hoping for Hossa to get another. He's had 2 (Stewie had the other). The good folks of MI are smelling the beef.

(Gaustad scored for Buf and I'd like to make it clear that even though he was born in Fargo, he wasn't raised here, so don't blame me.)

And yeah, Stewie looks good and the boyz really played aggressive along the boards and in front of the net. OK, not so much with the bods but at least their sticks were very active. :w00t2:

Well apart from the impossibles your predictions were pretty damn good tonight. I read this earlier and once Hossa got 40 I thought of this post. HA!!!!

To bad Ozzy didn't get the SO, but you had the Sabers score predicted as well.

Dude, I did pretty good compared to normal! :lol: And Lids did get one just because he could!

Wings win 7-1. Pavel hits 100 points, and Hank scores four goals. Hossa gets two to reach 40 goals and Lids gets one just because he can.

Go Wings!

Good call!

This was a terrific effort by the team. They sure didn't look like a team that was playing the back end of consecutive nights.

Lots of energy both 5 on 5 and on special teams. The PK in the middle of the 2nd period was playoff caliber; they were flying all over the ice, taking away the point shot and the passing lanes, winning races to pucks, etc. The battles along the boards were physical all game long and they never let up, even when they had a big lead. Osgood played an excellent game in goal and kept it scoreless until the offense could get it rolling.

Really, a nearly perfect effort. I saw everything I expect from this team tonight.

I see Ericsson had a fight tonight. Can someone post that please or link to some highlights?

I also see Osgood only let in one goal, and I did see that one, and no blame goes to him for that. Did he play playoff hockey tonight, or was it mostly fluff that he was stopping?

He had a helluva game. If you get a chance, watch his first few stops especially. He.was.there.all.night. :nhl:

Real nice game by the wings on the 2nd night of a back to back. They were shaky in the first 5 minutes, but after that really controlled the play and it was clear on the ice who the superior team was. A couple more games like that and Detroit will be playing well at the right time come April 15th.

This was a terrific effort by the team. They sure didn't look like a team that was playing the back end of consecutive nights.

Lots of energy both 5 on 5 and on special teams. The PK in the middle of the 2nd period was playoff caliber; they were flying all over the ice, taking away the point shot and the passing lanes, winning races to pucks, etc. The battles along the boards were physical all game long and they never let up, even when they had a big lead. Osgood played an excellent game in goal and kept it scoreless until the offense could get it rolling.

Really, a nearly perfect effort. I saw everything I expect from this team tonight.

I know, I know!! Another nice post out of a lot of nice posts tonight. I have decided to think they've turned the corner and they now remember their worth.

Guest MrSandMan

Where are all the Ozzy bashers tonight? When the opposition score goals, they come out of the wood work, when Ozzie saved this team's bacon in the 1st period, the bashers don't even show face...

Funny how that works.

Edited by MrSandMan

Where are all the Ozzy bashers tonight? When the opposition score goals, they come out of the wood work, when Ozzie saved this team's bacon in the 1st period, the bashers don't even show face...

Funny how that works.

I'm surprised they aren't on here saying that Conklin would have shut the Sabres out. :rolleyes:

Funny how that works.

Don't antagonize them. We've got a nice thread going on here. It's about time we all get on board the Stress Train that is the Red Wings playoff experience....together. Now hold hands everyone....

If Ozzie can play in the play offs, like he did tonight every game, we should have very, very little problems. This is one of the best games Ozzie has played all year long.

Funny how that works.

Get over yourself.

Just thought I'd say, I definitely enjoyed this game. Far more than the MSU game...Wings looked real good. Osgood looked good. Hossa looked good. We killed off penalties well. Just a solid effort all around to get the win. I was pretty happy with the D. I think Osgood's going to play well enough to get us the win if the rest of the guys play a descent game. If the D can play consistently heading into the playoffs, we're in real good shape for a long haul.