• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Ya know, the Thrashers might just be on to something

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted
How many threads about this have there been this season? The Wings do not need slutty looking girls to draw crowds. It's really tacky. I would rather keep the respectability with everyone wearing the Winged wheel. I mean we might as well get macho looking men to dance around in little costumes too right?

And for the record, girls do go out there to shovel during stoppages. They are just wearing Wings jerseys and not underwear. Are they not as good because they actually wear clothes and look like normal women?

Personally, I love it. I love women. I love gorgeous women. I love looking at gorgeous women. And no, it doesn't occur to me in the slightest to think about how great the game of hockey is or how old it is and how honored its traditions are when I am looking at scantily clad, beautiful gals. WTF any of this has to do with respect for the game of hockey I have no idea. I guess there's no respect for the NFL the NBA and any MLB/NHL teams that already have ice girls and or pretty girls dressed in provactive outfits running around the arena/stadiums.

As for your comment about the Joe already having girls, just that they are wearing jerseys. The fact that you have to ask the question of whether or not they are good enough shows you to have a complete lack of understanding and that you need to get the stick out of your ass. Why don't cheerleaders dress in business suits or sweat pants? Well duh. They aren't supposed to look like "normal" women. Nobody wants to see your mom shoveling ice or cheering on the sidelines for the Lions dressed like a "normal" woman..

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Im all about hot chicks but it seems way out of place in hockey .. especially on the ice ..

Why exactly? When there is a tv timeout or a short break do you sit there intently, studying every subtle nuance of what's going on out on the ice? Would they seem out of place b/c you just expect to see little kids out there or some dudes? Fer chrissakes we have people dressed up like animals and sometimes, real live ******* animals on the ice. And I am not talking about penguins and polar bears. I would argue that a hot, sexy looking gal is no more out of place on the ice than some ******, getting paid 6 bucks an hour to dress up like a giant bird and flop around the ice like a retard.

Look, I don't want to say it but I guess I will. There's quite a few of you on this board that apparently prefer to look at dudes and young boys during breaks in the action. That's cool. Whatever tickles yer pickle.

Me, if i'm going to sit there and not be watching hockey, I think I can live with the out of placeness of hot, half naked chicks skating around for my viewing pleasure.

(psst...i'm just foolin probie, not picking on you personally)

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Look, I don't want to say it but I guess I will. There's quite a few of you on this board that apparently prefer to look at dudes and young boys during breaks in the action. That's cool. Whatever tickles yer pickle.

Wow. Or maybe some of us are women. Did it ever occur to you that women like sports too? There are plenty of women that go to games and don't complain about the lack of shirtless men running around for us. Somehow we seem content just watching the game.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Wow. Or maybe some of us are women. Did it ever occur to you that women like sports too? There are plenty of women that go to games and don't complain about the lack of shirtless men running around for us. Somehow we seem content just watching the game.

Obviously, my joke was intended for those with a Y chromosome.

As for you not complaining. Well then I would call you an anomaly as I don't know any women who don't complain. It's a prerequisite for being female. (pssst....its called a joke)

When women attending games make up the majority of the fanbase, then you can start complaining about not having bare chested men running around.

Until then, don't be jealous that the women out there on the ice are able to be on the ice because they are fit, slim, sexy and look better than you do.

Get over it.

Until then, don't be jealous that the women out there on the ice are able to be on the ice because they are fit, slim, sexy and look better than you do.

Get over it.

I'm not jealous because I can win a guy over with my brain and personality ON TOP of my looks and I'm actually going for a real job so I can make money one day and not live off my husband. Thank you.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I'm not jealous because I can win a guy over with my brain and personality ON TOP of my looks and I'm actually going for a real job so I can make money one day and not live off my husband. Thank you.

Good for you. I applaud that. However, what a pompous ass you are to look down your nose at these girls. So they can't be smart huh? So they must be out of choices in life simply b/c of their looks.

I went to high school with a girl who went to M.I.T and then became a San Fransisco 49ers cheerleader. She was pretty damned smart. Likely smarter than you. I can only assume she did what made her happy.

But way to go. Good for you for looking down on these girls. You're a true champion for women.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Guest micah

I don't think anyone is "complaining" that there aren't enough sexy chicks at some hockey games, but merely remarking that perhaps adding sexy girls to an already exciting event might make it even better, without changing the game in any way.

Most people, male or female, would rather watch a fit, beautiful scantly clad female shovel ice and whatnot than watch some pimply faced teenaged boy in a polo shirt shovel ice. I appreciate a person who takes care of their body and looks good, male or female. Hell, even a not-so-perfect body. I for one enjoyed watching chubby Rob Ray skate around topless a few years back. I would be okay with the NHL doing away with the stupid tie-down rule and mandating that topless chicks shovel snow - then everybody wins, except nipple-phobics.

Vote me for League Dictator and I'll get it done.

It's not a matter of bad teams, Dallas has been doing this with the ice girls for years. Every expansion team needs gimmicks.

Or, (from nhlsalarycap dot info):

The team's current total salary cap hit stands at $13,833,333. That is $36,466,667 below the $50,300,000 cap ceiling, and $20,466,667 below the $34,300,000 cap floor. The highest cap hit on the team is $6,400,000, while the lowest is $1,391,667.

With a combined payroll of $15,266,667, the average salary of the team is $3,816,667. The highest salary on the team is $7,500,000, with the lowest being $1,050,000.

Spend some of that money on some players!

Guest micah

Awesome! You're gonna need a hook to snag a husband if you don't have ice-girl looks, maybe your money will be it ;)

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I don't think anyone is "complaining" that there aren't enough sexy chicks at some hockey games, but merely remarking that perhaps adding sexy girls to an already exciting event might make it even better, without changing the game in any way.

Most people, male or female, would rather watch a fit, beautiful scantly clad female shovel ice and whatnot than watch some pimply faced teenaged boy in a polo shirt shovel ice. I appreciate a person who takes care of their body and looks good, male or female. Hell, even a not-so-perfect body. I for one enjoyed watching chubby Rob Ray skate around topless a few years back. I would be okay with the NHL doing away with the stupid tie-down rule and mandating that topless chicks shovel snow - then everybody wins, except nipple-phobics.

Vote me for League Dictator and I'll get it done.

I agree Micah.

What baffles me is the idea that there's some illegality or something not "right" about the whole thing. Why? Because the playing surface is ice and not grass, turf or hardwood?

Is there a rule in the old rulebook stating that pimply faced kids MUST shovel the ice instead of beautiful young ladies? Or heavy set old milk maids for that matter?

People aren't going to look down their collective noses at the great and Holy game of ice hockey simply because we would be employing young, attractive ladies to perform certain, mundane tasks. If people did, then cheerleaders wouldn't exist.

Men make up the majority of sports fans. Men by and large love women. Men by and large love hot, slim, buxom, pretty girls more than they like 52 year old librarians in sweaters.

Majority rules IMO and if men want to look at hot chicks while they swill overpriced beer and guzzle overpriced hot dogs then so be it.

By God, let there be hot chicks on the ice for my viewing pleasure! Let them be slim and fit. Let them be beautiful, with long, flowing hair. Let their chests stick out with pride as they shovel frozen water. Let them strip off those confining pants and skate around in skirts no wider than the belt that holds up my pants!

Sweet Jezuz micah, if you could get it done I would elect you ruler of all mankind.

I really hope the Wings never do that, but I'll admit I am pretty stubborn about maintaining things I consider a "tradition". For instance, I could do with a whole lot less Kid Rock and a whole lot more organ in between plays, but I'll admit I might be rather unique.

My favorite sporting experience are bull fights in Spain. Just prior to the start of the event, they will literally take down all the sponsorship banners and advertisement signs from the walls of the arena, and the whole place and experience can easily take you back a hundred years when the focus was more on just the sport. Truly a unique event to take part in.

Hockey events, without all the flashing lights, dancing girls, halftime shows and kitchy gimmicks are a lot more enjoyable to me over other North American sporting events for a similar reason.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I really hope the Wings never do that, but I'll admit I am pretty stubborn about maintaining things I consider a "tradition". For instance, I could do with a whole lot less Kid Rock and a whole lot more organ in between plays, but I'll admit I might be rather unique.

My favorite sporting experience are bull fights in Spain. Just prior to the start of the event, they will literally take down all the sponsorship banners and advertisement signs from the walls of the arena, and the whole place and experience can easily take you back a hundred years when the focus was more on just the sport. Truly a unique event to take part in.

Hockey events, without all the flashing lights, dancing girls, halftime shows and kitchy gimmicks are a lot more enjoyable to me over other North American sporting events for a similar reason.

That's cool. I definitely get that. Just nice to see somebody not rest solely on the BS argument that its distasteful or disrespecting of the game.

PS: Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the blond in skimpy (and I mean skimpy) shorts on the left hand side of my screen. Snorgtees? I have no fecking idea what she's selling but who the f*CLK cares! Yummy

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

I wish my wife liked hockey. She'll watch with me, but she reads a book unless it's a close game with minutes left. She doesn't understand the rules either. I had my mom and dad over to watch the game on Monday night and all my mom and wife did was TALK OVER the game the entire time. My dad said, "we need a whistle we can blow to tell them to shut up" and I kicked them out of the living room once.

Guest micah

Agree 100% on the organ vs. KidRock (shudder). I also prefer dumpy arenas to shiny new ones, and I don't think there's an arena in the league that I wouldn't find to have too many flashing lights and billboards and such. I also think that advertisements on the boards take alot more away from the game than hot chicks shoveling would.

I have a fair bit of '80s footage - the games are better to watch, as everything looks so much less cluttered, less of an assault on the eyes.

Agree 100% on the organ vs. KidRock (shudder). I also prefer dumpy arenas to shiny new ones, and I don't think there's an arena in the league that I wouldn't find to have too many flashing lights and billboards and such. I also think that advertisements on the boards take alot more away from the game than hot chicks shoveling would.

I have a fair bit of '80s footage - the games are better to watch, as everything looks so much less cluttered, less of an assault on the eyes.

I'll agree with that except I do love that games are in HD now kinda makes me spoiled for games that aren't. Oh yeah, and I agree about he organ and the older arenas with all the history. (Still I guess if you are going to pay guys $7-10M a year you better be bringing in the cash which sadly probably requires a lot of the fancy new suites).

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I wish my wife liked hockey. She'll watch with me, but she reads a book unless it's a close game with minutes left. She doesn't understand the rules either. I had my mom and dad over to watch the game on Monday night and all my mom and wife did was TALK OVER the game the entire time. My dad said, "we need a whistle we can blow to tell them to shut up" and I kicked them out of the living room once.

My wife has zero interest in hockey. I took her to a Blue Jackets/Wings game many years ago. Game was exciting, went into overtime and she decides to go to the bathroom. She was about 30 seconds late seeing Stevie Y bury the overtime winner and the place went crazy. Now this was maybe 7 or 8 years ago when Nationwide was probably as many Wings fans as BJ's fans.

She pretty much stays away from me when hockey is on. But if she does happen to see a sweet play, like a nice setup by Dats that turns into a goal, she recognizes it and will usually say something like "that was sweet". Ah, but what would she know, she's a damned soccer player. :P

My wife has zero interest in hockey. I took her to a Blue Jackets/Wings game many years ago. Game was exciting, went into overtime and she decides to go to the bathroom. She was about 30 seconds late seeing Stevie Y bury the overtime winner and the place went crazy. Now this was maybe 7 or 8 years ago when Nationwide was probably as many Wings fans as BJ's fans.

She pretty much stays away from me when hockey is on. But if she does happen to see a sweet play, like a nice setup by Dats that turns into a goal, she recognizes it and will usually say something like "that was sweet". Ah, but what would she know, she's a damned soccer player. :P

I have finally got my wife to enjoy the game but the only time she gets screaming at the TV excited (unlike me who is that excited the whole game) is when there is a fight - she'll want to watch them on the DVR over and over. She's awesome.

Hey guys - I am the wife. My husband has no interest in hockey. I have been a fan all my life. I had season tics to the Kzoo Wings when I was in high school. Since I live in Alabama now, I love Center Ice and go to Atlanta whenever the Wings are in town.

As for the "Blue Crew" many teams are doing this- especially the newer teams in the league. I don't think any of the original 6 teams have cheerleaders in tight outfits. I think this is so not right. It is not part of the tradition of the great sport we all love. The NHL has changed enough.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Hey guys - I am the wife. My husband has no interest in hockey. I have been a fan all my life. I had season tics to the Kzoo Wings when I was in high school. Since I live in Alabama now, I love Center Ice and go to Atlanta whenever the Wings are in town.

As for the "Blue Crew" many teams are doing this- especially the newer teams in the league. I don't think any of the original 6 teams have cheerleaders in tight outfits. I think this is so not right. It is not part of the tradition of the great sport we all love. The NHL has changed enough.

Changes don't have to be bad by nature. I would argue not changing at all is just as bad.

It's amazing how many people get offended or fall back on the "girls shoveling ice and looking good doing it" is so not a part of the tradition and history of the game.

Ok, so what do you folks have to say about the NHL taking away the 2-line pass infraction? I would think most would argue that has really helped open up the game and made the game better. But as far as a fundamental change to the game, that is a billion miles ahead of girls in miniskirts, shoveling snow.

How many threads about this have there been this season? The Wings do not need slutty looking girls to draw crowds. It's really tacky. I would rather keep the respectability with everyone wearing the Winged wheel. I mean we might as well get macho looking men to dance around in little costumes too right?

And for the record, girls do go out there to shovel during stoppages. They are just wearing Wings jerseys and not underwear. Are they not as good because they actually wear clothes and look like normal women?

wow...and we bad men went out and made these girls do this. look at all the sad faces on them next time they go out on the ice or they take a picture....they are in so much pain.