• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amsoil33

Best Shoot Out Goal. Ever.

Rate this topic

Wow. That Hawk screeching sound after the goal is horrendous. It's a pretty awesome goal, but not the best ever.

Edited by Mike

This goal is not only amazing, but has a little hometown flavor for me.....I was not at the game as i am away at college but this goal took place in Port Huron, Michigan on the very ice surface that i played hockey for almost 15 years (McMorran Arena) the player who scored the goal plays for the hometown Icehawks of the IHL, despite this unbelieveable goal, the 'Hawks lost 2-1 in the shootout. Without a doubt, the Linus Omark (Sweden National team) goal from last week and this goal are by far the 2 best non-NHL goals that i have ever seen....as far as best of all time i don't think either can be called the greatest ever seen but in the top 10 or 15 i would say for sure......

Pretty. Nice individual play.

Unfortunately, it's rather like I'd feared.

The shootout is churning out showboating hot-dogs left and right.

Within a decade, (perhaps less), the NHL, and it's world class athletes, will be virtually indistinguishable from the NBA and it's arrogant "look at ME!" types.

And that's exaaaaaaactly what Gary Bettman is working toward.

Perfect. Just perfect.

That was a sloppy variation of Stamkos' goal, and the goalie was horrible... What's with these goalies letting in horrible goals to highlight reel opportunities? (see Ovechkin vs Phoenix).

Pretty. Nice individual play.

Unfortunately, it's rather like I'd feared.

The shootout is churning out showboating hot-dogs left and right.

Within a decade, (perhaps less), the NHL, and it's world class athletes, will be virtually indistinguishable from the NBA and it's arrogant "look at ME!" types.

And that's exaaaaaaactly what Gary Bettman is working toward.

Perfect. Just perfect.

From a competitive team sports standpoint I take issue with the shootout, but all of this here is a pretty big leap in logic. If anything the shootout is taking unknown guys like these in European and minor leagues and giving them some exposure and press and maybe helping them get to the next level. And seeing as the unique circumstances of the shootout are really the only ones in all of hockey conducive to these types of dekes and moves, it's not something you're going to see emulated during the normal course of play.

That was a sloppy variation of Stamkos' goal, and the goalie was horrible... What's with these goalies letting in horrible goals to highlight reel opportunities? (see Ovechkin vs Phoenix).

my thoughts exactly and for those who havent seen it...

i can see hudler pulling that off.

Jiri's arms aren't long enough to pull something like that off.

This one by Hossa on a breakaway is likely the ballsiest move I've seen.

He doesn't do anything. He skates and fakes a move but just lets it continue to slide into the net.

He doesn't do anything. He skates and fakes a move but just lets it continue to slide into the net.

That's fantastic. The goalie just helplessly watches it slide slowly past.

That was awesome!