• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings4life

Another Reason why Mike Ilitch is a great owner

Rate this topic

saw this when i was watching the news

Link

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/11608201

Amid sinking profits and the threat of bankruptcy, GM has discontinued sponsorship of the popular General Motors Fountain which sends up showers of water with every Detroit home run.

Tigers owner Mike Ilitch has given the spot to each of the area's car companies this season at no cost instead of selling the space to other bidders, the team's vice president of communications Ron Colangelo said Wednesday

Some of Detroit-based GM's vehicles were displayed in past seasons at the fountain. So far, there are no cars, trucks or sport utility vehicles this year. Ford and Chrysler logos have been erected on each side of the General Motors name. Underneath is a sign that reads: "The Detroit Tigers support our automakers."

Edited by redwings4life

Illitch is really making a case for the new Wings arena to be named after him.

The Illitch Arena is currently tops on my lists of names. The things he's done for the Tigers, Wings, and the city of Detroit, he deserves it.

Illitch is really making a case for the new Wings arena to be named after him.

The Illitch Arena is currently tops on my lists of names. The things he's done for the Tigers, Wings, and the city of Detroit, he deserves it.

I can agree with this entirely. The things he has done for Detroit alone is amazing