• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

XxGoWingsxX

Anyone else approve of tonights play?

Rate this topic

I was there and thought Flip played great last night. Being with Datsyuk helps.

I agree with the OP that the game made me feel better about the playoffs than I had been feeling. Osgood played extremely well and he's been a rather large question mark. Take away a horrible give away by Lidstrom and a rather weak call against the Wings at the end of regulation and they win. The wings outhit them for the game and hustled. I still so no reason why Maltby plays, though. Hopefully, he sits when Helm goes in for the playoffs.

Yeah, but the real problem with that line is that Filppula can't finish. Filppula's a puck distributor not a finisher. I'd rather see Filppula dishing the puck out to Zetterberg than Datsyuk dishing the puck out to Filppula so he can shoot it wide or hold onto it for 2 seconds to long. Put Franzen up with Datsyuk instead.

Yeah, i too felt bad for osgood after the 3rd goal. He can't be expected to make a save that he thought was going to the other end of the ice and then have your d man fumble it and give them a shot that was way out of your reach. The 2nd goal they scored, oz did everything he possibly could. He got the glove on it but just got a bad bounce and it was tipped back over his glove. Dude seemed to play with alot of heart last night.

For most of the season, I have massively dis-approved of kronwall's play but last night he seemed to be in the right place at the right time more often than not. and There were af few times where it seemed he wanted to lay someone out like in the playoffs but held off at the last second....especially in his blueline standup of tootoo.

before the shootout, i told this girl i was talking to that after dats missed his shot that zetterberg would half ass his and hudler WOULD score....i just knew thats how it would play out....the winning s/o goal was just unfortunate for ozzie because he had his pads down on it but it squeaked through. Thats one thing about ozzie that i've never worried about is shootouts...he can play a horrible game and seemed to always be ok in the shootout. Last night he played well and that loss can't be put on his head, but more on the team in front of him because of their lazy play in their own end the last 10 min of the game. I think babcock made a huge mistake not putting sammy on the point during the finall PP and instead choosing to go with the D man and sitting back and foregoing that PP chance pretty much.

We'll be ok...and hope lils and hoss make a speedy return to the ice.

Honestly, We played a pretty good game...I still don't understand how some chincy calls are made by refs and some obvious calls aren 't...

I am wondering why cleary was the last player in the shootout...I would've been happier to see sammy on that shot and I don't even like the guy half as much as I like cleary... I always thought the mule should be one of the top 3 for the shootout

Is the mule no good in shootouts or what?

I'm ready for the playoffs, so I really could care less how they play the remaining two games as long as everyone is healthy.

I've seen enough good play out of everyone towards the end of the season that I think the Wings will be legitimate contenders.

Its an acceptable loss. Kinda hoping the wings lost in overtime anyway so Nashville has a shot to unseat the ducks.

This is my thought too. The Ducks are the worst of the possible first round matchups and they aren't going to catch Columbus now so either the Blues or Preds need to pass them. For us, good effort in a game that couldn't possibly be more meaningless.

Guest Shoreline
Honestly, We played a pretty good game...I still don't understand how some chincy calls are made by refs and some obvious calls aren 't...

Because the refs have been sucking ass all year long. I quite honestly dunno what their intentions are, but for one reason or another I've seen a large handful of games where the Wings have been screwed out of obvious penalties, especially when it involves the puck carrier. While maybe some could be dismissed as they didn't see it, I'd say way more than half they do see, and just refuse to call it. So how can that not be construed as favoritism toward the other team? The refs really need to be looked at by the league, and I don't care if Frasier and all these other guys have played long careers, and I don't care who they're getting their officiating cues from. They need to stop ******* up so badly, or the league needs to start over with a new reffing crew/system.

Edited by Shoreline