Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

VS

Preview- Blackhawks at Red Wings

Details Forthcoming

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 11 April 2009 - 12:25 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

Woot! Go Wings!

Unfortunatly I will miss all but the first thirty minutes or so, thanks to work. dry.gif

While I'm gone, I predict that we will win, 9-1, Pavel gets five points, two goals. Zata gets two goals and four points, assisting on Franzen's two goals. Rex, Fil & Koko round out the scorers. Homer gets a hat trick, but all three of his goals are called off on s***ty goalie interference calls.

The lack of Arbys drive half of Michigan residents mad.
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#3 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:52 AM

Those of you who have seen any of the last few Wings games on the FS Detroit feed know that the Wings are wearing their Winter Classic jerseys to this game.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#4 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

I know I'll be wearing my Winter Classic Jersey! I swear I never want to take the dang thing off!

Let's get it GOING BOYS! WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!

LGW!

RGDT in full effect!!!
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#5 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:18 AM

Wings win, Hank/Pavs with the hat trick.

I'll jinx them both. Why not.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#6 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:24 AM

If Lids/Dats get their respective records, may they get them this game as they should be resting Sunday.

As in, clobber the living f*** out of the Hawks and show you're ready for the playoffs.

#7 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

8-3 Wings

Lidstrom: 4 points
Datsyuk: 5 points

O.o

#8 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:09 AM

No hossa, no motivation, nothing to play for, chicago has yet to win against wings this season...

I say chicago win 5-3

#9 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

Wings score 6 goals in the first period. (Pashax2, Drapes, Hank, Lids, Mule)

Late in the third a Chicago player comes barreling in, literally carrying the puck in his gloves, and crashes the net. The goal is originally waived off for goaltender interference, but upon further review, it is ruled a touchdown. A penalty shot is awarded. Chicago scores the extra point despite the distinct kicking motion, and wins the game 7-6. Lids, Hank and Pasha complain that he used his hands, but Drapes reminds them that this is North America and we define things differently here.

Retribution is achieved in next year's season when free agents Hossa, Mule, Sammy, Koko and Huds suit up for the Lions, leading them to a Superbowl victory. They then join the Wings at a pro-rated salary at the trade deadline, replacing the GR rookies with waiver exemption we've had up on the cheap for the first part of the season, keeping us under the cap, and we win the Cup.

Bettman resigns in confusion.

Still no Arby's.

Edited by 55fan, 11 April 2009 - 09:05 AM.

#10 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:21 AM

Wings 5
Hawks 0

Fan throws a nice juicy pi out on the ice. Huds valiantly skates over picking up the pi and flings it into the Hawks bench flinging pi goo all over saying "thats for dissing the pi".

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 11 April 2009 - 08:22 AM.

#11 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ April 11, 2009 - 07:57AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wings score 6 goals in the first period. (Pashax2, Drapes, Hank, Lids, Mulex2)

Late in the third a Chicago player comes barreling in, literally carrying the puck in his gloves, and crashes the net. The goal is originally waived off for goaltender interference, but upon further review, it is ruled a touchdown. A penalty shot is awarded. Chicago scores the extra point despite the distinct kicking motion, and wins the game 7-6. Lids, Hank and Pasha complain that he used his hands, but Drapes reminds them that this is North America and we define things differently here.

Retribution is achieved in next year's season when free agents Hossa, Mule, Sammy, Koko and Huds suit up for the Lions, leading them to a Superbowl victory. They then join the Wings at a pro-rated salary at the trade deadline, replacing the GR rookies with waiver exemption we've had up on the cheap for the first part of the season, keeping us under the cap, and we win the Cup.

Still no Arby's.

laugh.gif that made me laugh

Go Wings!!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#12 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Current Streaks

Season Streaks
Overall: 1-game losing streak (shootout)
Home: 1-game losing streak (shootout).

Streaks vs. Chicago
Overall: 5-game winning streak (1 shutout and 2 shootouts)
Home: 4-game winning streak (1 shutout and 1 shootout).

Games on Consecutive Dates
This is the first game of the 16th (last) pair of games on consecutive dates (back-to-back) played this season. The Club's record in the previous 15 pairs:

7W-0L-8SLPT (at least 1 point).

In the previous first games of these, the Club's record is:

11W-3L-1OTL, for 23 out of a possible 30 points.

Games on Consecutive Dates vs. Chicago
This is the first game of the 74th pair of games on consecutive dates vs. Chicago. The Club's record in the previous 73 pairs:

26W-7L-3T-37SPLT.

In the previous first games of these pairs, the Club's record is:

45W-21L-7T.

Record on this Date
This is the 21st game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 20 games:

10W-10L.

This is the 6th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 5 games:

3W-2L.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#13 StayStevieStay

StayStevieStay

Rookie

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

Woo hoo - i'm leaving to go to the game soon, go wings!

#14 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

Wings decide to have their defensive breakdown in the first period this game just to get it out of the way. They spend the rest of the game trying, sort of, to gain the lead.

Homer trys to climb over "The Wall" and gets big laughs and friendly pats on the back from all of the Blackhawk players.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that one of the teams will win by an indefinite number of goals in regulation. Or OT maybe.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#15 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

Home Finales
This is the 82nd home finale. The Club's record in the previous 81 games:

38W-37L-6T.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#16 #18 the _Hoss_

#18 the _Hoss_

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

Wings 14- 3 Hawks
Franzen scores 11, Dats puts in 3 and Lids assists the hell out of it !

Edited by #18 the _Hoss_, 11 April 2009 - 01:17 PM.

#17 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown0001 @ April 11, 2009 - 12:14AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VS

Preview- Blackhawks at Red Wings

Details Forthcoming

I'm really gonna miss your stuff, HT0001. THANKS AGAIN!! thumbup.gif

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#18 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ April 11, 2009 - 07:57AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wings score 6 goals in the first period. (Pashax2, Drapes, Hank, Lids, Mule)

Still no Arby's.

hysterical.gif

Damn. Wish this weren't the end of season. I'm gonna miss your game-related wit, cookie.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#19 Gonz

Gonz

Dashing Rapscallion

• 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Anybody got a link to a good feed?
"Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind." - President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

#20 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Gonz @ April 11, 2009 - 11:46AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody got a link to a good feed?

It might be on here http://www.ustream.t.../red-wings-live
anyone have another?