• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/11 GDT: Blackhawks 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Funny when I heard one of the refs was a Chicago native I thought nothing of it. Whatever, at least the Blackhawk faithful know deep down in their hearts they won a tainted game on a BS penalty shot and that we've owned them every other game legitimately.

Funny when I heard one of the refs was a Chicago native I thought nothing of it. Whatever, at least the Blackhawk faithful know deep down in their hearts they won a tainted game on a BS penalty shot and that we've owned them every other game legitimately.

Yeah, I hopped over to read their boards and 90% of them realize that the call was complete B.S. There's still that 10%, though, who are going on and on about how it's the "right call" and how Detroit is just pissed that things are getting called on them for once. (Insert tons and tons of laughter here.)

They also seem to think we're going to come out and try to murder them tomorrow, but I really don't think we will. It's our last game. Essentially, it's meaningless for us. The Wings have never been much of a "revenge" team. We'll probably just sit back, lay back on the checks, stay healthy, and let it play out as it may.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

so do we know what was going on by the hawks bench after the game ended? they were saying something about fans throwing things on the ice at players? did anyone get injured? anyone who was at the game know?

so do we know what was going on by the hawks bench after the game ended? they were saying something about fans throwing things on the ice at players? did anyone get injured? anyone who was at the game know?

They said something about Kronner being really angry (understandably so) and breaking his stick against the boards, and then they cut to someone being hurt on the Hawks-bench and I was like "damn kronner, chill out.." ..

But seriously, I don't know what happened. Probably some jackass in the crowd throwing stuff at the Hawks bench.

That call was almost as bad as the refs blowing the call lastyear against SanJose when the puck clearly hit the netting, and the refs blew that one!!

I listen to Gary Bettmans show on thursdays and most of the callers give the refs good grades this year and kiss Bettmans ass on how great the games are now, and then you see this crap!! I will try to call in on Thursday and ***** about this one!!!! unbelieveable!! thank goodness we didn't need the points!!!

That's because they screen out all the callers that have anything bad to say about the refs or Bettman.

For those of you who get post-game interviews: What did Babs and/or the players have to say about this?

Babs tried very hard not to cuss and ended up saying that Babs had the replay and the ref didn't and he didn't see what the ref saw.

I'm just glad it happened in a meaningless game. It would suck to have paid to see that though.

Wake me up when the playoffs start.

Well, you see, that's the point isn't it. If this happened in a meaningless game, what would you be thinking in a game 7?? Ah, not exactly the type of reality check the NHL is likely to want to hear or see, but the truth remains that the human error factor is critical to the balance of teams that are parallel in talent deciding the games by small margins in error, the overall assessment of the game in theory. How can we be diligent in the management of the percentage of the games in critical situations? Again the issue arises, why we aren’t using instant replay in the playoffs!?

My only concern with the NHL is the consistent baffled and bemused calls made by the refs at either critical junctures, or momentum swings in the direction for either opponent. If you were to ask me, I’d say it was because the NHL consistently tries to enable the best possible solution for the league. By this I mean enabling lowly teams in a lowly market to generate revenue. Yeah, it sounds far fetched, but why would we see penalty calls made to equal the balance on paper. Now you know. Gary Bettman is a small weasel type personality with the fixed propensity to facilitate the league.

So, when you see a team put on the power play early to compensate for the lack of talent, or placed on the penalty shot for the same, be aware that there is a way to compensate for a large human error factor. The instant replay is the management of the error percentage, only allowing small and insignificant errors to be at play during the course of the competition.

:blink:

Wow...I watched the game at a sports bar with some friends. WTF? If that was a penalty-shot, I can only think of...oh, maybe 50 of those during the season that Datsyuk, Z, and Hossa are owed. Wow....what an enormous pile of utter dogs***...wow...

Wow...I watched the game at a sports bar with some friends. WTF? If that was a penalty-shot, I can only think of...oh, maybe 50 of those during the season that Datsyuk, Z, and Hossa are owed. Wow....what an enormous pile of utter dogs***...wow...

They get hauled down to the ice and get nothing, maybe a PP, but not the penalty shot.

May I say something ? If we only had decent goaltending the all season through, would we talk so much about referees performances .....??????

Already have the season series wrapped up and the only game they beat us was the result of a charity penalty shot.......... good thing only the well graded refs are used in the playoffs.

Im ready for the playoffs, lets get em started.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

I guess after cooling down, I realized that sure that was a B.S. call and the game was tainted; however, its not like we can't score more then 2 goals on the hawks. :unsure:

Either way, keep healthy boys, the real season is right around the corner! Stay Live!