• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Real1

Salary Cap...

Rate this topic

I have been wondering this for a while now. And I bet this is a stupid question but oh well.

Could we sign Mule for whatever he is looking for now and then sign Hossa for $500,000 but have an easy incentive(10 goals, 10 assists,ect.) that pays around 5-6Million? That way Hossa gets his money but it only goes as $500,000 towards the cap.

The CBA states:

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

If I'm not mistaken, even in these situations where it is allowed, possible bonuses are still counted in the cap. I could be wrong on that. Let me do some more research. If I'm wrong on this, correction would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I tried to download the CBA again, but it is so dull that it put my computer to sleep- literally froze it up. If anyone has it, I believe the section involved here is 50.2 -sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edited by 55fan

I have been wondering this for a while now. And I bet this is a stupid question but oh well.

Could we sign Mule for whatever he is looking for now and then sign Hossa for $500,000 but have an easy incentive(10 goals, 10 assists,ect.) that pays around 5-6Million? That way Hossa gets his money but it only goes as $500,000 towards the cap.

You're right, it is a stupid question. :P

Seriously though, no, this is not possible. I don't even think incentives are allowed period....unless you are on entry level or if you are an older player...but even then, they count towards the cap (possibly whether they are paid or not).

If your scenario was possible, wouldn't every player in the league be signed to a similar deal?