• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingslady87

Ladies alternative to playoff beard

Rate this topic

Alright Ladies and Fellas, with playoffs beginning next week, it's time to get this going again.

Last year we came up with the idea of bracelets or strings around our wrists. Seeing as how the playoff beard lasts the whole time, wins and losses, we're gonna do the same. You're all welcome to participate.

Rules:

Tie a red string around your wrist for a win.

Tie a white string around your wrist for a loss.

Post pictures as we go!

Embroidery thread will probably be one of the easiest ways to go. It can be found at Joann Fabrics, Meijer, or any other arts and crafts store.

Lets see another run like last years!

DSCN4013.jpg

Wait, I thought the ladies weren't shaving their armpits?

esteef

no shaved anything- not even chocolate.

I'm going to do the beads again. Each goal gets the initials of the guy who scored on that particular string. If the goalie gets a SO, he gets his initials on there too. Hearts on each string that is the final game of each series- 1 heart for each round. I'm going to try to find a way to bundle them this year since they got all tangled last year.

Here's how it ended up last year: (Actually, I think this was after round 3)

IMG_0641.jpg

I'm excited for this! Get your threads on, girls!

Edited by 55fan

No offense to you ladies, but: Do the bracelets itch? Do they incite fear in small children and animals? Do strangers cross the street rather than walk past you after round 2? If the answer is no, then keep trying :)

EDIT: How about a large braid in your hair for each round they win?

Edited by Ozzie30

I love the Wings, but I'm not going without basic hygiene for them. The bracelets I can do.

You realize that if shaving one's pits is "basic hygiene" that over half of the world's adult population is hygienically challenged, right?

No offense to you ladies, but: Do the bracelets itch? Do they incite fear in small children and animals? Do strangers cross the street rather than walk past you after round 2? If the answer is no, then keep trying :)

That's what I'm talkin' about. It ain't all fun and bracelets!

esteef

You realize that if shaving one's pits is "basic hygiene" that over half of the world's adult population is hygienically challenged, right?

It's basic hygiene to me. I know that in other cultures around the world, it's looked upon differently. Bracelets are fun. Being smelly and hairy is not.

Like I said, that's me though.

That's what I'm talkin' about. It ain't all fun and bracelets!

esteef

YES they did itch last year. But it's simple boys, we did it last year and they won. It's now our tradition. Do you wanna f*ck with tradition?

It's basic hygiene to me. I know that in other cultures around the world, it's looked upon differently. Bracelets are fun. Being smelly and hairy is not.

Like I said, that's me though.

You do have a point, but I was referring to the guys as being smelly and hairy :D

My hair is not long enough to do that... so ill stick with the bracelets. GO WINGS!!! :)

Guest mindfly

That's a pretty hairy arm if it belongs to a lady..... just a thing i noticed.

Edited by mindfly

That's a pretty hairy hand if it belongs to a lady..... just a thing i noticed.

Mindfly! That's just rude. Go to your room.

Some of us are darker-haired than others. We can't all be blonde.

Not sure if you're referencing me or Colleen, but either way, consider yourself virtually *****-slapped.

Edited by 55fan

LOL pit hair on chicks YUCK if the leafs ever had a playoff run and the girls here did that rubber women flesh lights and natural blondes would be very popular in may and June for guys.

Could be worse least the tradition isn't not changing your underwear.

Mindfly! That's just rude. Go to your room.

Some of us are darker-haired than others. We can't all be blonde.

Not sure if you're referencing me or Colleen, but either way, consider yourself virtually *****-slapped.

Well its not my arm, but none the less I argree with you K.

Mindfly, that would be like one of us girls telling you, your dick is pretty short for a man. It's insulting to some people, don't do it.

Count me in! I was totally diggin' our bracelets last year. Braiding the embroidery thread definitely gives the bracelet more shelf life and less likelihood of falling off or coming undone when you're showering or washing your hands. I know some folks had trouble keeping them on last post-season.

I still have the ♥Henrik♥Zetterberg♥ Necklace I made last year. I wore it every game day during the regular season, and it's what kept me sane during the post-season too. I even had a customer at work call me on it last season, saying I shoulda made one for Ovie instead! :lol:

I might have to make an emergency run to Hancock Fabrics if I can't find my craft box in my storage unit. We're moving in 2 weeks, just in time for the playoffs to christen my new house :D

I swear, first thing I'm doing when I move in is hanging my 08 Cup banners... fill the house with super good mojo! :thumbup:

Well its not my arm, but none the less I argree with you K.

Mindfly, that would be like one of us girls telling you, your dick is pretty short for a man. It's insulting to some people, don't do it.

:lol:

Nicely done, RWL! Thenk yew!

And 55Fan's hand/arm is not hairy. I don't know what the hell you think you're looking at. Maybe a bald head? Like, in the mirror?

Get real.

That's a pretty hairy arm if it belongs to a lady..... just a thing i noticed.

they say opinions are like assh*les, we all have them... while i respect your opinion... i respectfully decided you're an ass.

not to mention the fact that your claim is empty, even if it were appropriate for you to make the comment you did... neither picture in this thread is even remotely out of order. you obviously prefer your ladies to shave their arms as well, or at least i can only imagine b/c if you think those arms are hairy... you clearly need to get out more.

have some class.

Edited by spydrwebb