• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sgt Sharpie

The Beard is Back: LGW Official Tracker

Rate this topic

You do not do any trimming of any hair period. I remove all hair on my body period, because i did last year for the win.

I also had a picture every day.

Right now I am a step away from total cleanness. I will be the bald one at the game Thursday.

You do not do any trimming of any hair period. I remove all hair on my body period, because i did last year for the win.

I also had a picture every day.

Right now I am a step away from total cleanness. I will be the bald one at the game Thursday.

:huh: Thats a new one.

BTW no crotch shots please.

I dont want to have to go to the trouble of explaining what the sport of ice hockey is to people here let alone whats with the beard.

Fortunately I work for the NHL, so not only do I have to explain hockey or playoff beards, but I've been growing mine since February, so it's gonna be gnarly by the time we raise the Cup in June

Already got the beard growing.

shaving clean just prior to round 1 - game 1... is the only way to legitimately contend. any growth prior to thursday morning is considered a head start and should not be viewed equal.

this is pulled from an NHL documentary so as to keep the rules plain and clear and provide a fair experience for all who participate, if anyone cares.

may the best jaw-fro take the title!

Fortunately I work for the NHL, so not only do I have to explain hockey or playoff beards, but I've been growing mine since February, so it's gonna be gnarly by the time we raise the Cup in June

What job do you do for the NHL?

The day of Game 1 I spent an abnormal amount of time outside (and not at my desk, where I am 99.9% of the time) and I steadfastly refused to shave my current beard the day before the game. (I shave the facial hair off right before the start of the playoffs -- last year I barely got it done before the drop of the puck of the Nashville series.) No, instead I brought the clippers and razor into the office and scheduled myself to shave it around 5:00pm as myself and 3 co-workers were going to Game 1.

As it were I waited until then, shaved, had a blast at the game and came home only to look into the mirror and realize my face looked like a candy cane. Forehead was red, eyes were white (sunglasses were on), cheeks were red and where the beard previously *was* was, you guessed it -- white.

Oh, joy.

Thank god this thing is starting to come in again!

I had grown the playoff beard every year in college, then was forced to take a hiatus due to a regreful employment situation.

Shaved approximately at 5:30 the evening before game one, and hopefully won't be doing it again until early June.

LGW

I will post the picks i have once i figure out how to take them off this new phone.... with verizon it was much easier. I have my initial Game 1 morning shave and then a pic before each game.

I am going to see how long my girlfriend will allow me to not shave anything. the beard in some fasion will be there but I want to see if i can go all natural this run :)