• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Columbus or Anaheim?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Read on Mlive.com that it's clear now that it's either Columbus or Anaheim in 1st round for Detroit depending on the outcome of the Blues-Avs game.

Topic says it all, and also state why.

- I say columbus because their offense isn't as good as anaheim, although it's certain that they are both physical hard hitting teams so detroit will probably have difficulties with both.

I can't make a choice. Both teams will give us a tough series. Blue Jackets would be better just because it means less travel for the team and earlier games for us euros. But they have Mason and Nash. Anaheim has Gigure who doesn't intimidate me in the least, but they also have Pronger who is sure to injure atleast a half dozen of our players.

Playoff-revenge against the Ducks, or making the Blue Jacket's first playoff appearance a short one?

It's too hard to decide.

Btw, I was hoping for the Blues. That's a team I would have felt comfortable facing.

Edited by dat's sick

I'd go with Columbus, for early games and easier travel. I don't want to play the ducks in the first round just because pronger would take cheap shots and try to injure one of our top forwards.

Thats a toughie for me too. On one hand, you have the ducks who don't scare me. Sure they're physical but I think that the wings could benifit from playing a physical team. So many times this year they have looked bored while in games...like they were just going through the motions. I feel if we played an intense team like ANA, it would help the wings ramp up their intensity better and start firing on all cylinders.

Now, columbus...they've embarassed us this year and we had a hard time beating mason when playing the jackets. Not to mention, Rick nash is a beast.

So, based on what i just said, I'd pick ANA for 1st round because it'd keep the boys hyped and if they made it through w/o injuries...I'd say they would be Proverbial Kryptonite for any team we'd face in round 2.

Edited by XxGoWingsxX

no doubt in my mind that i want STL to get 2 points tonight

if STL wins tonight then we get to see:

SJS vs ANA

DET vs CJB

STL vs VAN

much more attractive matchups than

SJS vs STL

DET vs ANA

VAN vs CJB

Guest Shoreline

I'd prefer Columbus due to them not being a cheap shot artist team and it being closer to Detroit, i.e. less traveling. Give the Ducks to the Sharks.

So, sadly I find myself pulling for the Blues this game.

Columbus easily. Very little playoff experience, close proximity to Detroit, wouldn't have to stay up past midnight or well beyond to watch road games, Pronger's elbow doesn't play for them, etc.

Only downside with Columbus is there's more potential for us mailing games in and underestimating them. Also it'd be great to be the team that knocks Anaheim out of the playoffs since they stole our cup a couple years ago.

Anaheim. For a few reasons. One being that I want revenge from 2007, and also because like someone mentioned I think the Wings wouldn't take the Ducks lightly which they'd most likely do against the Jackets which would get them in deep trouble.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Columbus. First ever playoff game, goalie with no experience, really short travel, moderate offense (but good defense)

That's opposed to Anaheim's Conn Smythe winning goalie, good defense, suddenly-on-fire offense, tons of proven and cup winning veterans, highly physical play, and the long travel.

Selfishly for TV viewing early, Columbus.

I could go through all the reasons to prefer Columbus and not Anaheim as many are probably fearing about the Ducks, but plenty were probably thrilled to play Edmonton a few seasons ago to open the playoffs up and look what happened. So I'm not worried as much about who the Wings face or not in terms of that regard or style of play. You draw who you draw. If the Wings can play as consistently as possibly for 60 minutes (or more if needed), they are a hard team to beat regardless of the style of play they are playing against.