• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob the Badger

Griffins vs Bulldogs

Rate this topic

I hope the Griffins find a way to solve the Bulldogs. The dogs have won their last five games ending the regular season and 3 of those have come at the Griffins expense. The Bulldogs have home ice advantage and the Griffins have been ravaged by the injury bug. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but things do not look good.

Ahh good to hear from you my furry woodland hockey fan. With all of the "little badgers"

Yeah, they have to find some way to figure out Hamilton, after the way the season started and they way they played until the injuries started to pile up. It would be a bad way to finish the season that started with so much promise.

With that high steaming, skilled screening, punch wheeling machine Downey on the team, how can they lose?

He needs to channel that energy in a productive way. He negated a penalty on Friday with a late hit and then he dropped the gloves against someone who didn't drop his and we had a 5 minute penalty kill. I am not saying the loss was all on his shoulders, but he should be there for leadership and energy. Not for foolish penalties which is what has happened this season more than 3 times.

If Grand Rapids doesn't play with some urgency, this series will be over in 5-6 games if not sooner. They sputtered into the playoffs with a 3-7 record in their last 10 games.

Edited by Nightfall

Downey is so far down on the list of problems the Griffins have it is almost funny you even mentioned him as being one of the factors contributing to their recent slump.

I didn't say he was involved in the recent slump 3-7 slump that has them limping into playoffs. I just said he was involved in them losing the game on Friday and 3 other times this season at home which is true. The untimely penalties do hurt a team no matter if you love a player or not. Lets home that Kurt Frasier whips these guys into shape for playoffs. Otherwise, this series will be lucky to go 5 games.

I didn't say he was involved in the recent slump 3-7 slump that has them limping into playoffs. I just said he was involved in them losing the game on Friday and 3 other times this season at home which is true. The untimely penalties do hurt a team no matter if you love a player or not. Lets home that Kurt Frasier whips these guys into shape for playoffs. Otherwise, this series will be lucky to go 5 games.

I'm sure that Frasier is working those boys this week. Does anyone think that there will be any changes to the lines? This is a great team and I think that they can beat Hamiliton! Is anyone going to Hamilton for the games? I thought about it but I'm not sure about the drive!

I'm sure that Frasier is working those boys this week. Does anyone think that there will be any changes to the lines? This is a great team and I think that they can beat Hamiliton! Is anyone going to Hamilton for the games? I thought about it but I'm not sure about the drive!

I am not going but I already have tickets for the first two playoff games in Grand Rapids next week. :D

I'm pretty worried about our chances. We've been terribly inconsistent for the past month or two and have been lucky to win 2 games in a row. Hamilton have definitely got our measure and they'll be feeling super confident about their chances of success.

Let's hope the boys can focus on the job and get back to their early season form.

I'm pretty worried about our chances. We've been terribly inconsistent for the past month or two and have been lucky to win 2 games in a row. Hamilton have definitely got our measure and they'll be feeling super confident about their chances of success.

Let's hope the boys can focus on the job and get back to their early season form.

With Helm being recalled to Detroit, its a daunting task. I am hoping they can at least split the series in Hamilton.