• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#1 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Well. St. Louis just sealed the deal and the Wings will be playing Columbus in the first round. This will be an exciting matchup. The Wings must get to Mason, as we have seen what a hot netminder can do against us in the post-season. Glad to see were playing all the games in the same time zone though! What do you guys think?

GO WINGS!!!

(Just for kicks)
_______________W L OTL POINTS
2008/09 - Detroit 51 21 10 - 112
2007/08 - Detroit 54 21 7 - 115

Edited by FunkedUp, 12 April 2009 - 07:30 PM.

#2 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Wings in 5 !!

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#3 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

Wings in 6.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#4 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Nice don't need to travel a lot for once in the playoffs lol. Wings in 5 !!!

#5 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Should be a very hard fought series. Wings need to come out playing hard.
Posted Image

#6 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

It is right and proper that the Jackets should have to square off against the Big Brother of the Central in their inaugural playoff appearance.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#7 MacAttack25

MacAttack25

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

I feel more comfortable playing them than the Ducks. Especially seeing as how their record in the past 10 games looks similar to ours, so they haven't been too hot. But they definitely can't be taken lightly.

#8 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Much easier travel. If we can contain Nash and break Mason... I'm feeling good about this.
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#9 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Wings in 3! ph34r.gif
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#10 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

wings in 5
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#11 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Someone needs to start one of those playoff photoshop threads...

#12 topshelf14

topshelf14

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Columbus is an easier first round opponent then Anaheim for sure. Anaheim has been so red hot lately, and always seem to play the Wings extremely tough. Not too mention the travel will be much better for the Red Wings now too. Columbus could be in the mode of "happy to be here" instead of concentrating on actually winning the Cup. My prediction is Wings in 6. Sharks in 7.
Go Wings!!!

#13 AD2044

AD2044

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

So glad we don't have to travel 800 time zones in the 1st round. Wings solve Mason and win a closely fought series in 5.

#14 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

I really don't believe this whole thing about the Wings not playing to their potential. They played as well as they could've today, and we shouldn't magically expect everyone to turn it up. For this entire season, we've been saying "It's only November" or "It's only January", then suddenly "It's only the regular season." We'll all say it after Game 1, then Game 2, then what? If the Wings don't take Game 1 and 2, it'll be over. Osgood will fail, it's just a matter of when.

Columbus in 5.

Edited by TheOwl, 12 April 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#15 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (EuroTwin @ April 12, 2009 - 07:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Much easier travel. If we can contain Nash and break Mason... I'm feeling good about this.

... Harder said than done this year. I personally would have picked the ducks, just the fact that they have zero goaltending would keep my mind at ease, especially with all the shots we get. I am not too thrilled about this matchup. Just gotta wait to see how the boys bring it.
Posted Image

#16 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

i'd definitely rather play columbus than the ducks. with columbus we have a much better chance getting everybody out of the series uninjured, at least. that said, the jackets have played us tight this year. wings in six.
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#17 beepbeep

beepbeep

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Here's hoping the rookie goalie chokes and the f***s and stinky fish beat the s*** out of each other!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 adtthosa

adtthosa

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

The Jackets always play us hard and I'm sure they will step it up another notch for the playoffs. Rick Nash scares me and he'll have something to prove in his first playoff appearance. The short travel distance is very nice though and will serve us well if we can make it past the first round. There's no reason why we shouldn't win, but hey, how many times have we said that before?

It all comes down to Mason vs. Osgood. If Mason doesn't drastically outplay Osgood, the Jackets probably have no chance.

#19 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

QUOTE (TheOwl @ April 12, 2009 - 07:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't believe this whole thing about the Wings not playing to their potential. They played as well as they could've today, and we shouldn't magically expect everyone to turn it up. For this entire season, we've been saying "It's only November" or "It's only January", then suddenly "It's only the regular season." We'll all say it after Game 1, then Game 2, then what? If the Wings don't take Game 1 and 2, it'll be over. Osgood will fail, it's just a matter of when.

Columbus in 5.

mindfly is that you?
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#20 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

QUOTE (TheOwl @ April 12, 2009 - 07:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Columbus in 5.

Loving the optimism bro' thumbup.gif Think I'll go put a gun in my mouth now.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.