• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Round 1: (2) Red Wings vs. (7) Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

I really don't believe this whole thing about the Wings not playing to their potential. They played as well as they could've today, and we shouldn't magically expect everyone to turn it up. For this entire season, we've been saying "It's only November" or "It's only January", then suddenly "It's only the regular season." We'll all say it after Game 1, then Game 2, then what? If the Wings don't take Game 1 and 2, it'll be over. Osgood will fail, it's just a matter of when.

Columbus in 5.

This economy sucks, I am a loser, I'm ******* ugly, Lions suck. FML.

Gain some optimism - how about this:

Wings come out strong, we overpower Mason and shut down Nash, we win in 4. Holy s*** I love life.

This could be the 2003 playoffs all over again if the wings don't watch it :bad: . The wings have to rattle Mason's confidence in the first game, and come out on fire. If they give Mason any sort of confidence it could mean lights out. They also need to play Nash really tight. I don't want any more hats being thrown in Columbus' hat trick display. It's important the wings come out and score the first goal. Playing from behind against Columbus is hard.

Columbus is the lesser of the 3 evils(ducks and blues) for me at least. As long as we step up defensively we should have no problem netting some goals on Mason. Wings in 5!!

Reason we will win:

1) Ozzy is coming around slightly and is proven playoff performer.

2) Our offense starts with an O cause it's Orgasmic

3) Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Ericcson, Stuart, Lebda >>>>>> Commodore, Tyutin, Hejda, Russell, Kesla, Methot

4) Steve Mason has been less stellar lately if you look at his numbers in recent games. He was leading the league in Save Percent and has down dropped down to 16th. Hopefully fatigue is setting in and also he is young, we all saw what happened to Price

5) Cause we're the ******* REDWINGS

Wings in 5!

Man I can see it now. Columbus is going to flock to the arena for their first playoffs, make a ton of noise, and all the TV analysis are going to comment on how great a Hockey City Columbus is. I find it annoying playing these type of markets in the playoffs.

Best matchup we could have asked for IMO!!! 100000X better than the surging Ducks in the first round. This makes it great for us to watch the Sharks and Ducks beat the s*** out of each other. Mason as a rookie is their biggest problem. If we get to him early, what does he have to come back?

This gives the Wings an opportunity to find their A game. One thing for sure is Hitch will have these guys ready. I'm not so sure about the Wings <_< . If the Jackets have any injuries they are screwed. Hopefully, we find ourselves. We've looked lost all year.

Wings in 5.

Edited by servo

Wings in 5.

Tidbit from http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=417971

Welcome to the Playoffs: The Columbus Blue Jackets are making their first playoff appearance in the franchise's eight-season history. Here is how the other 29 current clubs fared in their initial playoffs:

Atlanta 2007 Lost Conf. QF

Nashville 2004 Lost Conf. QF

Minnesota 2003 Lost Conf. Final

Anaheim 1997 Lost Conf. SF

Ottawa 1997 Lost Conf. QF

Florida 1996 Lost Final

Tampa Bay 1996 Lost Conf. QF

San Jose 1994 Lost Conf. SF

Washington 1983 Lost Div. SF

Phoenix 1982 Lost Div. SF

Colorado 1981 Lost Prelim

Carolina 1980 Lost Prelim

Edmonton 1980 Lost Prelim

New Jersey 1978 Lost Prelim

NY Islanders 1975 Lost SF

Vancouver 1975 Lost QF

Calgary 1974 Lost QF

Buffalo 1973 Lost QF

Pittsburgh 1970 Lost SF

Dallas 1968 Lost SF

Los Angeles 1968 Lost QF

Philadelphia 1968 Lost QF

St. Louis 1968 Lost Final

Detroit 1929 Lost QF

Boston 1927 Lost Final

Chicago 1927 Lost QF

NY Rangers 1927 Lost QF

Montreal 1918 Lost NHL Final

Toronto 1918 Won Stanley Cup

Wings in 5.

Welcome to the Playoffs: The Columbus Blue Jackets are making their first playoff appearance in the franchise's eight-season history. Here is how the other 29 current clubs fared in their initial playoffs:

Florida 1996 Lost Final

Vancouver 1975 Lost QF

Calgary 1974 Lost QF

Buffalo 1973 Lost QF

Pittsburgh 1970 Lost SF

Dallas 1968 Lost SF

Los Angeles 1968 Lost QF

Detroit 1929 Lost QF

Boston 1927 Lost Final

Chicago 1927 Lost QF

NY Rangers 1927 Lost QF

This is actually pretty interesting

This was my second choice of a first round opponent (Blues were first). If the Wings can't win this series, they would have lost to any other team as well. It has the makings of a perfect first round matchup; minimal travel and very little physical wear and tear. The Jackets are solid defensively and Mason is a good goaltender, but it all boils down to how hard the Wings work. If they play to their potential, they'll handle the Jackets pretty easily. If not, they'll lose this series. I'm hoping for the former.

I have to say, the matchups league wide are just fantastic. So many good matchups and rivalries in round one, can't wait for the games to begin!

Wings in 6. I've been reading up on the bluejackets hfboards and thier bluejackets247 site i believe it is www.bluejackets247.com They are already talking about buying up tickets for games at the joe. With the short distance I say get out there and buy those tickets wings fans i know i'll be at at least one game hopefully 2 being playoff rookies i believe it is important to have the joe rockin as much as possible, ya know get in their heads a little bit that this isn't the regular season anymore and maybe see Mason take a spill entering the ice haha.

but seriously this may not come easy. I feel the keys will be stopping Nash especially giving up short handed goals, cracking mason which they have shown can be done last game in Columbus and playing top notch desperate D.

Oh, and I cannot wait to see Helm back in the lineup.

Edited by Sherwood5030

Wings in 5.

Florida 1996 Lost Final

Vancouver 1975 Lost QF

Calgary 1974 Lost QF

Buffalo 1973 Lost QF

Pittsburgh 1970 Lost SF

Dallas 1968 Lost SF

Los Angeles 1968 Lost QF

Detroit 1929 Lost QF

Boston 1927 Lost Final

Chicago 1927 Lost QF

NY Rangers 1927 Lost QF

THis is great. Man Toronto in 1918! AHA Ah ha ha

Think about this people; When the Jackets come to play the WIngs, they bring it all to the table. I don't think that there is a playoff button, but what I do know is that the Wings do have deperation in the playoffs that they lack in the regular season, especially against teams they may not respect as much as Columbus. THe Jackets have yet to see a Wings team with 60 minutes.

GO WINGS!!!

Downside: I'm probably going to miss 90% of the playoffs this year because of work....at least I get to catch a few West coast trips.

I really hope they play Wednesday so I cans ee Game 1.

I feel ya. I was hoping for a Wednesday start. TSN says they have game one on Thursday, but the schedules haven't even been posted on NHL.com yet.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11662

I agree, with the Wings in 6! I'm always very nervous when we play the Jackets. Rick Nash is scary! That being said, I'd rather see them than the Ducks in the first round. The travel will be quite favorable to the Wings. Also, we wont have to watch Pronger delivering cheap shots to the heads of our players. Like it's been said before, let the Ducks and the Sharks beat up on each other.

God I love the playoffs! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

He sure did, I bet, assuming he wasn't an Avs fan or something back then. Never know how fans like that ever came to liking the team they do.

Real fans call the postseason over before it ever starts.

Hey lets all goose step with Shorline. When you get that tatoo on your ass, then I'll know your a real fan.

Guest Shoreline
it seems a lot of "optimist" fans feel the need to get self-righteous and proclaim how superior their fanmanship is to pessimists. being an optimist doesn't make you a better fan. being a pessimist doesn't make me a bandwagoner. people see the world in different ways. seeing things negatively doesn't make a person any less of a fan.

a bandwagon fan is a fan that's only a fan when the team is winning. it's not the same as being a negative fan.

Let's consider what a bandwagoner is. A bandwagoner jumps off the bandwagon and pessimistically declares the team's season over at a certain point, that point obviously not being a championship. The bandwagoner then, with Memento-like short term memory syndrome, suddenly jumps back on when the team pretending nothing happened when the team exceeds their horribly pessimistic views.

As iterated numerous times it's well established the Wings and every other team have an uphill battle to 16 wins. That happens every playoff year. Some people (i.e. you) confuse those who can learn lessons faster than others for being self-righteous. I just feel a kick in the ass is a good way to help people learn too. :)

Hey lets all goose step with Shorline. When you get that tatoo on your ass, then I'll know your a real fan.

When you get one's ass not to stretch/wrinkle and f*** up the tattoo, I'll gladly get one. This goose step sounds like a goose egg.

Edited by Shoreline