No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Round 1: (2) Red Wings vs. (7) Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

All 1st round games are on FSD. Here is the link:

http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=417980

The FSN part wasn't on there earlier.

There is always a chance that VS gets coverage over FSN if they want it exclusively, that doesn't usually happen until round 2. Happened it games 1 & 4 against the Avs last year and games 1 & 4 against the Sharks the year before. Sorry for all the out of towners not getting the games but I'm actually happey I don't have to deal with Milbury and Maguire.

Edited by StevieY9802

I've been reading on Jackets fan boards and every other post seems to be about how they just bought tickets for one of the first two games of the series for like $40. I hope I am wrong, but seeing as how last year the first round didn't come close to a sell out.

Well for us that will be there for games 1 and 2 will have to yell even louder to drown them out. That is rediculous though. Just no one has money around here. Its sad. I watch videos from the good ol' days like 97/98 and the place was just crazy, flags waving, high fives.

I don't think Columbus will be a steely ghost like some of you are predicting.

I'll say Wings in 5 games.

I think Cleary will have an unusually big series.

I hope you're right but I picked the Jackets to pull a first round upset about a month ago and I still have that feeling in my gut. Granted they are not as hot as they were a month ago but the Wings lazy play at times worries me. Right now I'll stick with my orginaly prediction, Jackets in 6... :-/

actually the WHOLE series is on TSN2.. f*** ME, i only get TSN (rogers in Toronto). son of a ***** im so ******* pissed!! TSN opting to go with the Calgary/Chicago series instead.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11662 (TSN 2 schedule)

Wow, this is bull s***. I don't got TSN or TSN2. If the whole damn playoffs are on those two channels I will flip.

I've been reading on Jackets fan boards and every other post seems to be about how they just bought tickets for one of the first two games of the series for like $40. I hope I am wrong, but seeing as how last year the first round didn't come close to a sell out.

My husband and I are going to our first ever playoff game Thursday night. I am beyond geeked !! We wouldn't have been able to go had it not been for the Tim Horton/Belle Tire $30 ticket sale. Those were the cheapest I could find so I grabbed two for Round 1 Game 1. I tried for more later but, it seems as though they are sold out. The seats aren't that bad - mostly corners and behind the goalie. We typically go to a couple of games a year. We were their Saturday for the penalty shot - ugh - that call was a joke ! The crowd even started chanting "bulllll sh!ttttt".

Wings in 6 - LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!! :thumbup:

~Belle~

I checked nhl.com and it said:

But you're saying that it will be on FSN and VS even though it doesn't list it?

I'm norht of Grand Rapids, btw

Don't know if this was put on here yet, but this is from FoxSports...mebee Detroit. But FSN-D is covering the first roung for sure. And I could have sworn I heard Mickey say they'd be covering the first two rounds.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/9450302

Somebody on here also said they were happy they had Center Ice. I don't think they cover jack from this point on. I hope I'm wrong, but nothing is listed.

My husband and I are going to our first ever playoff game Thursday night. I am beyond geeked !! We wouldn't have been able to go had it not been for the Tim Horton/Belle Tire $30 ticket sale. Those were the cheapest I could find so I grabbed two for Round 1 Game 1. I tried for more later but, it seems as though they are sold out. The seats aren't that bad - mostly corners and behind the goalie. We typically go to a couple of games a year. We were their Saturday for the penalty shot - ugh - that call was a joke ! The crowd even started chanting "bulllll sh!ttttt".

Wings in 6 - LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!! :thumbup:

~Belle~

I also took advantage of the Tim Horton tickets. Bought them right when they went on sale at 10am. (didn't want to lose out) got pretty sucky seats, figured they were all bad. Yeah, after buying the tickets, i tried a few more times to see what tickets it generated. Good stuff, like sec. 114 row 10. I mean I am in like 227 row 19... Cmon, so much for "best available" option. Oh well, its the playoffs and it was $30 guess I can't complain.

Sorry for offtopic but what happened to main page of the site, where is the top menu with most recent forums feeds? It was a very convenient feature..

I was wondering what happened to that, too. It was a very convenient feature that ensured we could access the latest and hottest topics of conversation. I was also wondering about the playoff wallpaper as in years past....

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled topic - Round 1 !

~Belle~

Same here - i.e., apologies if already posted -

This is from NHL.com. If you want to check the Eastern Conference QF's, they're also available.

2009 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS

SERIES E

#1 vs. #8

Network

Thursday, April 16 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Sunday, April 19 at San Jose, 10:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Tuesday, April 21 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Thursday, April 23 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*Saturday, April 25 at San Jose, 10:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*Monday, April 27 at Anaheim, TBD VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*Wednesday, April 29 at San Jose, TBD VERSUS, CBC, RDS

SERIES F

#2 vs. #7

Network

Thursday, April 16 at Detroit, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN

Saturday, April 18 at Detroit, 6:00 p.m. TSN

Tuesday, April 21 at Columbus, 7:00 p.m. TSN

Thursday, April 23 at Columbus, 7:00 p.m. TSN

*Saturday, April 25 at Detroit, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN

*Monday, April 27 at Columbus, TBD TSN

*Wednesday, April 29 at Detroit, TBD VERSUS, TSN

SERIES G

#3 vs. #6

Network

Wednesday, April 15 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

Friday, April 17 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

Sunday, April 19 at St. Louis, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

Tuesday, April 21 at St. Louis, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

*Friday, April 24 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

*Sunday, April 26 at St. Louis, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

*Tuesday, April 28 at Vancouver, TBD CBC, VERSUS, RDS

SERIES H

#4 vs. #5

Network

Thursday, April 16 at Chicago, 8:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Saturday, April 18 at Chicago, TBD TSN

Monday, April 20 at Calgary, 9:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Wednesday, April 22 at Calgary, TBD TSN, VERSUS

*Saturday, April 25 at Chicago, 10:00 p.m. TSN, RIS

*Monday, April 27 at Calgary, TBD TSN

*Wednesday, April 29 at Chicago, TBD TSN

- * denotes if necessary

- All Times are Eastern Standard Time

Apologies if this is already posted, but here is a summary of Columbus' understanding of the NHL playoffs:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/multi...lObject=4318846

Haha nice.

They do that at Blue Jacket games. They find idiot fans of the opposing teams and ask them obvious questions that any real fan would know, sure enough they find plenty of idiots. They've interviewed me before but they didn't use it since I knew what I was talking about.

Last year we saw the team as a whole ramp up their hitting and physical play, especially Datsyuk and Kronwall.

With Datsyuk's play this season, can you imagine if he has been holding back?

Hopefully Columbus is going to start folding under the playoff pressure. I really think their inexperience is going to do what it did to the Pens.. maybe not to as high of a degree, but somewhat.

Now, if we can only find a way to get passed that ridiculously good goalie they have. <_<

Guest micah
Apologies if this is already posted, but here is a summary of Columbus' understanding of the NHL playoffs:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/multi...lObject=4318846

That's awesome that they have such a good sense of humor about their lack of NHL history and hockey knowledge, props to them. That'd be like the Free Prees hosting a video where some interviewer walks around Detroit looking for hockey fans to question, but they only showed the clips where he got mugged - funny stuff!