No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Round 1: (2) Red Wings vs. (7) Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

Uh oh.......... :P

osgood0.png

mason0.png

That's a shame. Those stats don't mean crap when the playoffs start. It's all what happens from here on out! :sly:

THAT'S Steve Mason?

Oh God... I thought it was his sister or something for a minute. :ph34r:

For those who were wondering, since Osgood came back from his 10 day break in February, he played 13 games and had a GAA of 2.72 and a .900 save percentage. Over Mason's final 13 games, his GAA was 2.63 with a .898 save percentage.

If you take out the aberration of the 8-2 Columbus win in Detroit, Osgood's GAA is 2.30 and sv % is .915.

Taking out Mason's worst statistical game(the last one vs. Minnesota), his GAA is 2.43 and sv % is .905.

Osgood has 2 shutouts in that time, Mason has 1.

For those who were wondering, since Osgood came back from his 10 day break in February, he played 13 games and had a GAA of 2.72 and a .900 save percentage. Over Mason's final 13 games, his GAA was 2.63 with a .898 save percentage.

If you take out the aberration of the 8-2 Columbus win in Detroit, Osgood's GAA is 2.30 and sv % is .915.

Taking out Mason's worst statistical game(the last one vs. Minnesota), his GAA is 2.43 and sv % is .905.

Osgood has 2 shutouts in that time, Mason has 1.

Shush, all the Ozzie bashers don't want to hear it. Especially if he gets a shutout or two in the series.

Uh oh.......... :P

osgood0.png

mason0.png

That's a shame. Those stats don't mean crap when the playoffs start. It's all what happens from here on out! :sly:

I like how Mason has 10 shutouts and isn't that much better than ozzie in the save% category... seems to still let a lot of rubber in the net :D

I agree with you here. A lot of people, mostly Columbus fans, talk about how Nash has played so well in the "biggest"games of his life being in the World Championships. That is true, but at the same time, I seem to remember him pulling a nice dissapearing act at the Olympics in Torino. (Along with the rest of the team)

But you nailed it on the head. First playoff appearance for the franchise, donning the "C", Nicklas Lidstrom, it just doesn't add up into success...I hope.

Have you watched Nash this season when the game was big? He's made the plays to get us back into it.

Not to mention that the #1 prospect in the AHL has been called up to us. Uh...what's his name Nikita Filatov, yeah that's it. Not to mention we will having the two players who should have been spliting the cup in Steve Mason and Derrick Brassard (yeah, he'll be back for you guys once he's cleared today by doctors). Then you have Voracek who has broken Nash's rookie scoring records. None of your old farts will be able to keep up with our young fire power. You all will look good at the bottom of the conference in a few years.

Jackets in 6. You'll take Game 2 and Game 5. Other than that, domination.

Edited by v3rs3

Aren't these the keys to any series?

:hehe:

No, according to Vs. it's: Skate, Shoot and Score (see Buffalo game)

Wings in 5 thats all I can say about this series.

QFT

Have you watched Nash this season when the game was big? He's made the plays to get us back into it.

Not to mention that the #1 prospect in the AHL has been called up to us. Uh...what's his name Nikita Filatov, yeah that's it. Not to mention we will having the two players who should have been spliting the cup in Steve Mason and Derrick Brassard (yeah, he'll be back for you guys once he's cleared today by doctors). Then you have Voracek who has broken Nash's rookie scoring records. None of your old farts will be able to keep up with our young fire power. You all will look good at the bottom of the conference in a few years.

You'd better hope the Jackets take Game 1, indeed... if Detroit takes control early, that'll be a steep hill to climb.

You would know that feeling well.

Oh wow! You have a really good minor leaguer on your team. Good job!

And this Voracek guy.....did he really break a franchise record that's nine years old?? You expect us to care about a guy who scored 9 ******* goals all year and act like that's the kind of firepower that's going to win a series? :lol: :lol: Let me know when he starts outscoring Mikael Samuelsson.

Hell, you're not even good at trolling. I didn't realize Voracek's 9 goals were more than Nash's 17 as a rookie. That must be really something, to break a scoring record by scoring half as many goals.

I bet you're too big a coward to come back after the Jackets lose.

When the game was big? An oh so big regular season game? Haha. Cute.

If Detroit wasn't shaking in their boots about Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby, you think they're overwhelmed by the presence of Brassard, Filatov, and Voracek?

I understand having good offensive players is a new concept over in Columbus, but the Wings are used to dealing with better competition in the playoffs.

Datsyuk. Zetterberg. Hossa. Franzen. Lidstrom. Rafalski.

All proven playoff players... four out of the six would be the best players on Columbus' roster and the other two would easily be top five.

Then there's Hudler, Filppula, Holmstrom, Cleary, Samulesson, Kronwall, and Stuart to deal with... fresh off, you know, winning the Stanley Cup.

But I'm sure the Wings are really scared of those rookie AHL studs that don't have a second of playoff experience in the NHL.

We had pretty much the exact same debate with the Pittsburgh Penguins fans in the SCF last season. Need I remind you how that turned out?

Nash is an awesome player - but don't underestimate the value of playoff experience. The Wings currently have the most offensive depth of any team in the NHL. Having the #1 prospect from the AHL is great, but as anybody could tell you - it's a huge transition from AHL to NHL, and an even bigger one from AHL to NHL playoffs. I'm not going to sit here and say that your team is going to flop because I really don't know. But if you really think that a team who's never made it to the playoffs and has about 1/100th of the playoff experience that the Red Wings has is going to "dominate" them, you're just kidding yourself. This isn't the AHL anymore.

Oh look, a Blue Jacket fan trolling. How cute. I'm surprised he figured out how to sign up for the site.

Wings fans have heard this tired, old argument from every troll from the opposing team every year in the playoffs. Keep up with that delusion. Congrats, a minor leaguer made your team. But he will soon find out that the NHL is not the AHL. Oh wow. He broke a 9 year old record? Amazing! The bottom of the conference is reserved for the Jackets and they fit oh so nice down there.

If I recall correctly, once the Wings played the Jackets after the 8-2 loss, they shut your entire team down including Nash and Mason and won 4-0. I guess those 2 decided not to show up in that big game. Anyways, that will be the team that you are facing in the playoffs. Talk about domination. Good lucking winning 4 games against them.

Edited by Mike

If I recall correctly, once the Wings played the Jackets after the 8-2 loss, they shut your entire team down including Nash and Mason and won 4-0. I guess those 2 decided not to show up in that big game. Anyways, that will be the team that you are facing in the playoffs. Talk about domination. Good lucking winning 4 games against them.

If I recall, Rick Nash is the worst hockey player ever. Also, I know I'm trolling but I'm too chicken to come back and face the music when my team gets destroyed.

Edited by betterREDthandead

If I recall, Rick Nash also blanked your team. Rick Nash 3 Detroit 0. Not to mention the Rick Nash 3 (unassisted) Detroit 2 bashing you all received during the 8-2 raping in the Joe.

Oh, so you openly admit that the Jackets only have one player that is capable of doing anything against the Wings. Yes, Columbus beat the Wings 8-2, but every Jackets fan forgets that the next game you played against us you got your asses handed to you. Don't wake a sleeping bear.