• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

2009 Round 1 Photoshop War: Columbus Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

I decided to check out what was going on after we heard from someone on the CBJ boards. Pretty cool tradition. pretty funny pictures... (i'll admit it) haha. I think you guys had a bit of ahead start on the awards though!!!

Should be a good series, obviously we are overmatched offensively, but our defense has played pretty well against you guys this year. Maybe Osgood can help us out like he did last time we played in the Joe!!! From what i hear the playoffs are different so we can throw it all out the window, but i cant speak from experience :rolleyes:

Obviously some fans wouldnt like the pictures, but i think most of us would be pretty gracious and i think its pretty funny... maybe we can get clever and come up with some Red Wings pictures on www.bluejackets247.com.

"never been in the playoff's and all thier fans are usually playing World of Warcraft" is this what you do when hockey season is over????? i have better things to do!! :D

Welcome. Enjoy the thrill of the playoffs man, nothing beats the adrenaline rush you get watching these games. I can't wait for Thursday!

Your contributions would be much appreciated, so spread the word. Wouldn't be much of a war if the Columbus gang didn't get in on the act, now would it?

What he said.

I decided to check out what was going on after we heard from someone on the CBJ boards. Pretty cool tradition. pretty funny pictures... (i'll admit it) haha. I think you guys had a bit of ahead start on the awards though!!!

Should be a good series, obviously we are overmatched offensively, but our defense has played pretty well against you guys this year. Maybe Osgood can help us out like he did last time we played in the Joe!!! From what i hear the playoffs are different so we can throw it all out the window, but i cant speak from experience :rolleyes:

Obviously some fans wouldnt like the pictures, but i think most of us would be pretty gracious and i think its pretty funny... maybe we can get clever and come up with some Red Wings pictures on www.bluejackets247.com.

"never been in the playoff's and all thier fans are usually playing World of Warcraft" is this what you do when hockey season is over????? i have better things to do!! :D

Welcome! It's gotta be a thrill to be able to watch your team in playoffs for the first time ever. Its like watching a piece of history, so thats pretty cool. Its something that us as wings fans will never get to experience. Even if its our first playoff run or our lifetime its still not the same as the first playoff run in the teams history, so im pretty jealous as wings fan that fans like you get to exerpeince it first hand. With that said, it should be a pretty good series, some guys on the radio last night were "excited" about playing columbus over the ducks, saying that it should be an easy 4-5 game series. I think thats pretty much bull. Columbus to me is a prety scary team. They are pretty strong in a position that can carry your team (goalie). Nothing speaks louder to support this fact more than watching how bad we were last year with hasek and how ozzie came in and save the cup for us. Nash always seems to light us up too...so im scared about him especially with how bad our defense has been lately. Anyways should be a good series, and please bring some of your CBJ friends over here. Usually, we get quite a few guys on these boards from opponents during playoff time, and they like it so much they stick around even after the series is over and the season ends. We have a pretty good time here. Also, get your guys working on some photoshop! not much of a "war" with no opponents haha.

Pretty funny and original idea. I think we at bluejackets247.com will have to get something going to respond!

Thanks to xxgowingsxx for letting us know about this!

I would have preferred Vancouver but I think it's fitting that we, a Columubs franchise, would get you in our very first playoff series.

Thanks for the welcome.... good to see some hockey fans that just want to have some fun and talk hockey rather than make fun of columbus and the jackets "what??? Columbus has a hockey team??" you dont know how many times i have heard that one!! We are a relatively new discussion forum with a lot less people, not sure if we'll be able to hang in with you guys as far as this "war" goes... but we'll get something going and at least try to come up with a few!!

i think my favorite so far was the civil war photo or Stinger on the fly paper! both made me laugh!

That Crayon one is the SH!T

Alright, I'll be the first to admit I don't get it.

"Green" because this is the first time in the playoffs? ... but I do not understand the significance of "blue", or why they need to study it?

i believe the crayon one was in reference to the fact that the columbus BLUEjackets mascot is in fact.... green. Brilliant IMO, good job everyone so far!

Ha! Yeah, I was definitely trying to read too much into it!

:thumbup:

My favorite peice of artwork that has come about as a result of our wars is definately one someone made against Dallas last season.

It was a picture of a border toll and it had Marty Turco in front of it. A bunch of illegal immigrants were easily running past him and it said "the real reason for the border control problem". It was excellent :thumbup:

My favorite peice of artwork that has come about as a result of our wars is definately one someone made against Dallas last season.

It was a picture of a border toll and it had Marty Turco in front of it. A bunch of illegal immigrants were easily running past him and it said "the real reason for the border control problem". It was excellent :thumbup:

The one with Zubov, Turco and Modano riding on Mater from Cars was pretty classic as well!