• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Holmstrom96

WOW Cable Customers: Versus Not in HD

Rate this topic

Be glad to even get Versus, let alone HD!

LOL, I understand, but I need Red Wings in HD! If I can get enough fellow fans from this website to complain they might put more weight with the request to get this channel in HD.

Once you go HD, there's no going back!

If you have a 720p TV, you also have 1080i. The p stands for progressive scan, which means all of the pixels are refreshed at whatever refresh rate you have. the i in 1080i stands for interlaced, which means that your're getting more pixels than 720p, but you only get half them at a time. No one broadcasts in 1080p yet. I prefer 720p over 1080i for sports.

I have WOW, and when I got my HDTV, I also started a subscription to Dish network. They offer an HD only package, which is fairly reasonably priced. But reception does indeed suck when it rains.

Geesh, thanks for writing that so I didn't have to. There are so many misconceptions about broadcast formats these days. I blame Best Buy. I'm serious about that, I blame Best Buy.

Here's a couple other tips for all of you out there that have been lied to and misled by Best Buy...

1.) FALSE: You need a $100 HD antenna to pick up HD over the airwaves. (true: you can use any antenna you'd like, even the $9.99 one they have at radioshack).

2.) FALSE: You MUST spend $80-$150 on an HDMI cable to get the quality you're looking for. (true: the more you spend on HDMI cables usually means higher data rates... however, data rates aren't really a factor yet since everything is so compressed. Go online to a site like newegg.com and get yourself an HDMI for $10. If you're worried about it, double it and spend $20... that's still four times cheaper than the lowest price HDMI cable Best Buy carries (thanks Best Buy! You're really a classy company. You treat us so well! Thanks for carrying the highest priced cables and making us believe that's our only option.)

3.) FALSE: You need high-priced (Monster, etc) Component cables if you choose not to use HDMI - Component cables are 6 cables attached together, you'll recognize them because they are red, green, and blue (for the 3-colors you will see on your screen, which is how your image looks better, because there is more room for data to be transfered since there are 3 cables for your image instead of the previous one) and the three other colors attached are red, white, and yellow. (TRUE: These cables are simply RCA cables which are color-coded differently. The SAME cables you've always used before to hook up your VCR (red, white, yellow) can be used instead of spending $50 or more on a deception. All you have to do is recolor-code them yourself or just remember you're running the yellow cord from green to green, etc.

DON'T BE FOOLED!

Damn, I hate Best Buy for that.

Be glad to even get Versus, let alone HD!

Exactly I dont even Get Versus...should be a channel everyone gets..I can understand a upgrade to get the HD

But is Versus THAT good? where they can justify requiring a upgrade just to get the station? GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Mean while i have 5 or 6 channels that dont have ANYTHING being broadcast on them..... Bulls*@t

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

i wish i could jump in on the bitching, but im in florida and using comcast and well if its on nbc or versus its in HD. hope you guys get what u want though!

Anyone else only getting audio without video for the Canucks & Hawks game 5? WOW cable in Westland.

I had an issue with the Wings game on Versus (and all other channels) the other day; same exact issue with audio only and no video. After a lot of troubleshooting I found out the issue was with my Phillips 42" LCD 16:9 1080P HDTV. I corrected the issue by unplugging and re-plugging my TV.

However, I doubt you're having the same fluke issue.